Raiden IV

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
OmKol

Re: Raiden IV

Post by OmKol »

Arcade Original - ME02
OmKol - 57,437,150 - 2-ALL - 1P - PC GOG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_i-D3FatUY
Angry Hina

Re: Raiden IV

Post by Angry Hina »

Steven wrote:Going up and pointblanking stuff to kill it quickly is risky, but it gives you less points than the less risky charge missiles, which let you just chill at the bottom of the screen or even in a safe spot with literally no risk to yourself at all while still getting more points than if you killed whatever it was quickly. It's bad game design.

If it was the other way around and speedkilling gave you more points, that would be better. All they'd have to do to fix it is to increase the multipliers for speedkilling, decrease the points from the charge missiles, or both.
Hm... possibly its a matter of skill and/or playstyle. I felt the whole time, that its more risky for me, dont killing the enemies as quick as possibly and let them shoot more often. Thats why it made sense for me.

But thanks for clarifying that the point is that you think the risk vs reward is the opposite for Speedkilling vs charge missiles.