Shmup goals 2023 - Off to a New Horizon

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

The bags are packed now and you put all of them in your car. Without looking back, you take the second crossing on the right and switch over to the fast lane. Trees are rushing by and blur together with the rest of the scenery. At this speed, you almost manage to forget all of the regrets of times now past. Thoughts of missed opportunities climb their way up into your consciousness but they don’t seem to have the same power anymore they once had over you. Meanwhile, you enter a new part of the road you are unfamiliar with. Time to explore unknown territories. Time to look forward. Time to drive faster. And you drive faster.

Here are the links to the previous topics. Have you reached your goals? Failed hard? Tell us!

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,
2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

You know the drill by now, kid!

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: As the name suggests, post the stuff you're the most proud of here, whether you're an Easy mode survival player or a Lunatic scorerunner. Anything that stands out to you is what you want here, no matter how silly it may be!

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Did a Power-up carrier pick you off or ram into you and ruin the GOD RUN? Whatever comedies/tragedies pop up most clearly to mind go here! These don't have to be specific occurrences but can be generalities as well in your gaming endeavors.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: Whether it's a long-time goal achieved by a close friend or a new WR set in one of your favourite games (or both at the same time!), you can post whatever stuff you enjoyed seeing other people do this year here!

(4) Goals for 2023: What do you have your eyes set on achieving next year? List all the clears, scores, and crazy challenges you want to achieve next year here. Be ambitious!

(BONUS) CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: The fun one. Throw down the gauntlet and challenge someone else to something! This might be to beat one of your scores, or a race to a certain clear, or whatever you like. Remember to keep it a little friendly, but on the other hand, go totally nuts!

Alternatively if you want to be lazy then just post your goals for the year as usual.

Your mission starts now. Are you ready?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Leandro

Re: Shmup goals 2023 - Off to a New Horizon

Post by Leandro »

I want to 1cc 1941 in Capcom Arcade Stadium score attack.
Maybe carrier air wing too.

These are my shmup goals of 2023

Enviado de meu 2201116SG usando o Tapatalk
Nahar

Post by Nahar »

I'm trying to 1CC ZeroRanger this year, maybe I get there, maybe I won't. Currently I'm almost clearing the first loop on one continue.

Also, as a goal, I got into the shmups community and did a 1cc of Andro Dunos 2 at maximum difficulty. So you could say that another goal for 2023 is creating a nice shmup youtube channel.
Last edited by Nahar on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: Cleared Raiden II twice on stream and live event showcase, this is one mean bastard to me took the longest playtime for a clear than any shmup so far. Also did G-Darius Nomiss all 15 zones/5 routes.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2021: Didn't clear Gradius III AC this year cause fuck that game, didn't complete Raiden journey this year cause burnout.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: So much achievements by others this year, but if we're talking about personal I could name a few....
- ggmaximo, psymarge, and NMS went full Raiden homework and cleared mean shit like II and DX, grats!
- Plasmo, NTSC-J still improving Donpachi and Pork WR
- M.Knight's Chaos Field WR with all 3 chars, amazing feeling!
- Omkol going strong this year with insane clears like Same 1P and Salamander 2 2-all, and gonna start new year with Raiden II and TGM grind!
- Third_strike's unexpected comeback and crushing dadgames because he's a chad since day one
- and many more....

(4) Goals for 2023:
1. have fun
2. play whatever I like
3. Raystorm arcade mode clear (jp defaults)
4. finishing my Raiden journey (DX Japan expert course clear with stage 9, raiden 1 clear, and possibly 5)
5. Gradius 3 arcade 1-all and sexy parodius to complete the "clear every mainline gradius games"
6. G-Darius Ver.2 all 15 zones/5 routes clear

(BONUS) CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Play RayStorm and try to not get frustrated by the Angry Gundams and Taito Lasers(tm)! :twisted:
stoneroses

Post by stoneroses »

New Year goal:

As someone who has been collecting Saturn shooters since about 2005, I only have 4 left to not have a complete set of all releases, but just the ones I want to have. 2023 will be the year I finally bring closure to this project hopefully. Salamander, Gradius, Planet Joker and Capcom Generation #4 are the last ones.

I feel the current attitude is to seek out alternatives to buying physical copies but for some, it is a rewarding undertaking growing a solid group of games over time. Unfortunately, you get to that point of having a game or two that does not have the spine card and it sort makes it seem like you may never reach a total state of completion. In a way, it is a good thing though as even in a state of completion, you leave the door open to further pursue perfection and build off of existing games should you choose to by adding copies that include spine cards or missing registration cards.

Consoles like the Neo Geo may be out of reach for me, but the Saturn is still somewhat down to earth compared to having games that are in the thousands of dollars like the AES. Hopefully, with the available cheaper avenues for playing these games, others can enjoy them as much as I do. Enjoying the games is really what it is all about in whatever form they may be.

As a follow up to this post, here is my listing of Saturn shooters that I am not interested in and why:

Sengoku Blade - I have the PS2 port which is enough for me
Metal Black - I have it on the PS2 Taito collection which is good enough for me
Darius Gaiden / Darius 2 - not really into theses and have them elsewhere so no need to double dip
In the Hunt - I have the PS1 version which is supposed to be better
Konami MSX Collection - not interested in playing these old ports
Terra Cresta 3D - no thanks
Sol Divide - I have other versions of this elsewhere and not a game I am really into
Cho Aniki - maybe if it was really good game play wise
Thunder Force packs - would rather play on the Genesis
Thunder Force V - I have the PS1 version
Layer Section II - have the Playstation version called Raystorm
Tempest 2000 - not interested
Fantasy Zone, Dazemon 2, Tukai Slot Shooting, Macross do you remember you love - maybe for those who go for the complete shooter collection
Cotton 2 - I have Boomerang which is enough for me without having to get this one
Guardian Force - honestly, I could probably enjoy this one but I can live without it
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: Without a doubt Strikers 2 3.3mil.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Didn't get around to learning Pancake in Strikers 2, which I'm sure would've been a ton of fun. Instead I played Gunbird 2 (oof).

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022:

Generally speaking I've seen a ton of western players really exceed my expectations in how far they can bring their scores in their favorite games.

Third_strike has been killing it in general. He's been getting some insane Sengoku Ace and Gunbird 1 scores. Not to mention his recent NebularRay score, at 2.7mil. Among with many other scores like Armed Police Unit Gallop counterstop and Gekirindan Type C.

M.Knight has set World Records for every category in Chaos Field. Completely dominating the older records too. His highest score being 385mil!!

Lethe has been steadily increasing his Dangun Feveron score and has reached 14 mil. Another player Qlex has also started playing it and currenty has 13.4m.

RefKey finally getting his Detana!! Twinbee 2-ALL. Probably one of the hardest clears out there, and it's very well-deserved. He's also continued playing it and has been increasing his score. Clearing a tough game is one thing. Clearing it over and over again is peak shmupping.

Juju Kenobi remains one of the most active Cave players and has obtained many new clears and scores this year. With the highlights being DOJ BL 2bil with B-L. And also a WL 2-ALL this past week.

Rastan78 has continued to play Darius Gaiden and started setting top scores for many different routes.

Plasmo has kept improving his Donpachi Type C scores, first breaking the 70m barrier. And later getting 71.5mil (replay missing?). Also the Parodius streams were very entertaining to watch.

MAZ is now the Ikaruga champion and has gotten a score of 34,994,540. And he's still playing, shooting for 35mil (and higher!).

Ec (EmporerIng) has been very active the last few months, pushing Giga Wing 2. And his progress has been very fast and impressive. Almost at the top score, at 66 quad.

Although many players have cleared some really tough games this year. NMS, maximo and Omkol all cleared Same3 1P. Before there were like 2 or 3 entries on the board that cleared this game, so that amount has already been doubled now.
The early Raiden games have also gotten just a ton of love from those people. With NMS, maximo and CPS all clearing Raiden II (and DX). Same3 and Raiden 1/2 have gained a reputation for being very difficult, but I'm glad it isn't deterring anyone of them from playing these games.

Outside the scope of this community, I'm always fascinated what others are doing. There would be too many to list here, so I'll try to shorten it to this:

- Many new records for Strikers 1945 II. Y.Saito has pushed the game to 3,553,500(!!!), and unimaginably high score. Equally impressive to me is H.J (PASTA)'s 3,515,100 score for Hayate. Absolutely no idea how that is even possible with this ship. And Hamami has bumped his Shinden score too up a bit. Which is arguably the hardest ship to score this game with.

- WTN pushing Alucard in Gunbird to 5 million already. And it seems he's still going!

- Boredom getting Windia WR in Blazing Star at an insane speed. (Replay no longer available on his Twitch page it seems)
In general Boredom has been a huge inspiration with his constant Twitch streams showing shmup gameplay at it's absolute best. If you've not seen his channel yet (only like 100 followers, massive scam), go check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/boredom_79/videos

- CYS-SAK continues to be the king of Dragon Blaze. It was last year he improved his Quaid score (Overall WR) to 4.33mil. Incredible stuff of course, but his year he's picked up Sonia and started making rapid progress. His score currently sits at 4.18mil. And for those not aware, he has started uploading replays to his YouTube channel, found here. For some strange reason he's also been privating a few of his replays. He used to have a Strikers 1999 3.5m and USAAF Mustang 10mil replay, but those seem to not be public anymore. Enjoy watching them while you can, they're great replays!

- Another player with the channel J.U Kang has started uploading very high scoring Sengoku Blade replays with Koyori. A kinda underpowered character in an already incredibly difficuly game. His most recent upload having a score of 2,117,000.

- Maxpeed has also started to be more active on YouTube and Twitch, where he regularly streams Zero Gunner 2 at a very high level. His most recent PB being 3,428,350 with Hokum.

(4) Goals for 2023: Continue playing Air Gallet, and learn a new game. (Probably will be Batsugun)
Last edited by Meriscan on Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 3#p1485823

(4) Goals for 2023:
---- Complete the Strikers-2 nmnb and (minimal) charge shot run (along with few other things on specific parts) that I mentioned last year.

---- Apart from the previous point, probably not much that I have in mind. Though one thing that I think I would want to do this year is to get nmnb on stage-5 part of progear (as I linked above) few more times at least. This is to get a bit more comfortable with it (so to speak) so that whenever I try to get a nb run to tlb in progear [probably not this year though] it wouldn't feel completely unmanageable. Nevertheless, since that is the next logical goal for me in progear, it makes sense to more comfortable with the biggest hurdle in getting to it.

This isn't anything from this year, but I watched two interesting vids this year (in the earlier part of year). One was nmnb on Strikers-3, which I didn't know was possible, though I don't have much experience with playing that game [I had the presumption that there were probably few (or more) undodgeable patterns in this game]. The other was nmnb of gunbird-2 with Marion.

Perhaps I will link the videos later with an edit.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Here were all my new clears for 2022:

Youkai Kori Kassen
Concealed the Conclusion
Touhou 17
Touhou 16
Touhou 18
Touhou 15
Zero Ranger 2-ALL
Life Force Arcade
Salamander Arcade
Life Force NES

Here are some games I had to relearn from scratch since I hadn't played them in many years and 1CC'd them again:
Touhou 12
G-Darius

My favorite achievement was probably the Zero Ranger 2-ALL. Goddamn what a good game that is. One of the most fun shmups I've ever played. I was also quite proud to catch up on the Touhou games. I thought Touhou 15 in particular was going to be insurmountable. Touhou 15 was probably more challenging clear I did this year, but it's also the worst game in the Touhou series, so it's not all good memories with that one.

Last Year's Goals:
1. Catch up on the Touhou games - I'm fully caught up on the windows Touhou games, having cleared the last four of them.
2. Beat one hard shmup like 19XX, a Psikyo game or maybe even Garegga - Fail. I recently started getting back into Strikers 1945 again.
3. Beat a game starting with "Y" so I can complete my infinity gauntlet and have one 1CC for every letter in the alphabet - Done.

Goals for 2023:

I really want to get a clear of a Psikyo game, probably Strikers 1945.
Clear R-Type Final 3 whenever it comes out.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: For me it would be the Arcade Boost clear in Crimzon Clover WE. Rapidly changing ranks have always been a nightmare for me and this achievement proves that I can conquer it. I also managed to reach 2-5 in a run in DOJWL.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Failed to 2-ALL DOJWL even though I set it to be my main goal in 2022, whoops.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: Quite a few, but I am rather sleepy atm, so trying to get the ones I remember recently:
_Juju Kenobi and Ari clearing DOJWL, what kind of people clears the hardest game when there's only a few days left until 2023?
_Kayar achieving monstrous SDOJ score in A-cho. (5,4 Trilllion)
_
(4) Goals for 2023: Heh, same as 2023, I am still gonna try to 2-ALL DOJWL. After that I am setting my eyes on beating Zatsuza in DFKBL.
Lander

Post by Lander »

Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022
  • Signed up for a System11 account
  • Mastered the arcane art of Retroarch configuration
  • 1-ALL Zanac NES (ROM ver.)
  • 1-ALL Zanac Neo
  • 1-ALL Mushihimesama Novice
  • 1-ALL Osman
  • Best New Shmups Bro of 2022 Nominee
Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022
Getting shot by the Mushi powerup carrier. The run was nothing to write home about, but it's still a kick in the pride :(

Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022
I'm well out of touch with the worldwide big-league stuff, but locally-speaking Steven's Slap Fight MD counterstop was cool to see. Convinced me to put in more time and improve my survival best.

Goals for 2023
  • Accrue more yet-to-be-determined 1-ALLs
  • Get past Stage 4 on one credit in Battle Garegga
  • Make enough shmup R&D progress to make a presentable thread in the Development subforum
(BONUS) CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS
Find a consistent way to reproduce the Stage 2 tank wheelie glitch in Battle Garegga 8)
MAZ

Post by MAZ »

My main achievement is surely my 34.994m clear in AC Normal. But beating the 34m treshold felt, if possible, easier than the grind for 8m in Stage 3. The amount of effort that went into it was huge, I grinded it from May to August and It was a really hard earned goal. On the other hand, It was also a joint effort/score race with some incredible japanese Ikaruga players, we helped each other re-route the stage and everyone shared his findings. It was an incredible time, every other day there was something new to watch and analyze. Wich I would have considered impossible for an already super optimized game as Ikaruga in 2022.
Also getting a 237c Stage 4 (multiple times by now) and a 134c Stage 1 was very cool

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2021:
The amount of near misses during the 8m Ch3 was soul crushing. I loitered in the 7.99 region for two months! Also, my 34.994 has a very avoidable death that screwed a potential 35.5m run, but given the time I achieved it I consider it a bit harsh to call it a screw-up. Still...

The list is long since the year saw a lot of great scores by the community (and outside the community), here we go with a few
-plasmo getting Donpachi WR
-Juju with his DOJBL score and WL 2-all (and Ari following some days later!)
-M.Knight and his WR hat trick for Chaos Field
-Ec with is Giga Wing 2 grind. You are almost there!
-Meriscan Air Gallet and Strikers 2 incredible scores
-RefKey Detana!! Tweenbee 2-all
-Third_strike whole body of work

But to me, 2022 was THE year of Ikaruga. I can make the case this was his biggest year since early '00s! Treasure released a combined, general Leaderboard for all the modern platforms. The aforementioned 8m Ch3 grind from a group of japanese rplayers (MSK, KRSM, shamo, takasima, sugiyama, mamacchi, riken) and me. Riken scoring 36.036m (mind blowing!) and shamo improving to 35.825m. Mamacchi quest for Chapter 1, 2 and 3 dominance. A lot of western players joining the fray and getting their clears (off the top of my heads mishi, wabbylegs, rezardi, baf and M.Knight, sorry if I am forgetting anyone). JayLab improving to 28.632m and Wes to 31.069. Xer rightly stepping up and taking care of the community leaderboards. Really an awesome, unrepeatable Ikaruga year.

(4) Goals for 2023:
My main goal now is to get the 35m and the western record. Also, I have to get a 8.1 Stage 3, would have pushed for it in August but I was too exausted after getting to 8m. Secondary goals are a 7.8m Stage 4 and 4.27m Stage 1. I am also investigating the possibility of a new pattern for the Bunretsu (bonus enemies in Stage 3) that may lead to a 8.2m Ch3, so I also want to draw definitive conclusions about it and do a stream or a YT video to explain my findings (and also explain Bunretsu chaining in general). And of course, if the 35m goal is accomplished, pushing for a higher score.
"The stronger the will you have, the more you will face various trials"
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

(1) Personal Favorite Achievements of 2022:

1. Managed to get to stage 3 boss of Dogyuun without dying (Hey I'm not a great player, for me that was a big deal ok! :D ).

2. Playing Outzone for the first time (It was ok... ;) ;) )

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022:

Dying by being struck by the Rtype force delivery robot by accident in Rtype 1.

(3) Favorite Achievements by Others of 2022:

Steven getting his grail Slap Fight, it was nice to read about.

(4) Goals for 2023

More playing shmups and less buying them. I'm like the guy that loves to sample everything but never finishes a single course at the buffet. I drop way too much cash into these games but I love to play em and see em, they bring me joy, what can I do lol!
Steven

Post by Steven »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: My progress as a player in general, I guess. Until May of last year, the only arcade game I'd ever finished was Thunder Force AC. Being able to a real arcade and pay real money and being able to clear things like Hishouzame and Slap Fight at the arcade is nice. My sudden no miss of Out Zone was also very satisfying, and of course my Mega Drive Slap Fight counterstop.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: I think the number of times I have died trying to get the points from the secret bridge on Out Zone's stage 3 is what comes to mind. Most of the times when I think I have it I end up falling in the hole and dying. Probably best to stop trying for that bridge...

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: Third_strike is demolishing pretty much everything, but I also have to mention Jaimers defeating Inbachi.

(4) Goals for 2023: it's time to finally beat Kyuukyoku Tiger lol. Stage 9 now, so I just have to get past stages 9 and 10 and then I'll get it. I also want to go for Soukyuugurentai as well. Battle Garegga and Same! Same! Same! 1P would also be nice.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: I have a goal of 1cc'ing 5 Cave games. This year I added 2 more to the list with Deathsmiles and DDP: Resurrection. Not the hardest of their catalogue by any means, but they are legit qualifiers for what I am trying to do.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Probably throwing in the towel on trying to clear Fire Shark MD on normal difficulty. I conceded that one and dropped down to easy. Even though it is much easier than the arcade, I still found it hard. The power up system is a real bitch.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: N/A.

(4) Goals for 2023: Just knocking out more clears on higher difficulties. Going back to my Cave goal I am stepping my game seriously up in difficulty with doing a run of Esprade. Clearing that would be the highlight in my shmup career.
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

2022 was my most inactive year for shmups since I started playing them back in 2017, I spent the entire second half of the year focusing on Roblox obbies of all things, but I'll still make one of these.

Finally, FINALLY, after YEARS of this being a goal, getting UFO Lunatic 2.5b (even got 2.6 while I was at it!) This was a long term goal really since I started scoring UFO, and the path to get there was absolutely brutal. I once went nearly 2 years without a single clear, and would often go long spans without a new PB, but this year everything just clicked. I did get two 2.5 game overs before I got the 2.6 clear, but I did it. And of course, it's cool to now have my own pnd list page.

Other notable achievements include Strikers 1999 2-ALL (a 2021 goal I just barely missed out on, getting it in the first week of 2022), Hishouzame 10,000,000+α, and getting to the second to last checkpoint in Tatsujin Oh.

Every attempt I made at playing shmups in the second half of this year being me finding a goal then losing motivation and dropping it in a day or two.

I honestly haven't been active enough in the community this year to remember most of what other people got, the big thing that stands out to me though is Plasmo improving the DonPachi Type C WR.

(4) Goals for 2023:
I'm... not going to make shmup goals for 2023. I guess just clear something new? It has been almost a full year since my last new game clear (which was Gradius II back in February, by the way).
Last edited by ZPScissors on Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

- Crimzon Clover World Explosion, ALL - Arcade Unlimited Type-Z. Hardest mode and one of my hardest clears. Cool game
- Same! Same! Same!, 1P, Toaplan Arcade Garage, 1-ALL - one more clear to my hardest clears list. Same amount of playtime but for different reason. My first miss was on stage 6 boss and it's really cool to be able to recover in the remaining four stages. Amazing port by M2 btw
- Salamander 2, 2P side, 2-ALL. I love Konami games and I wanted to do one more hard clear. This 2-ALL is not as hard as Gradius III 1-ALL but it's also not really easy and stage 2-5 has some heavy routing. Had mostly clean run with silly mistake on 2-6 which leads to a really fun and successful recovery. Yeah, loop 2 BGM was a reason why I decided to go for 2-ALL
Also:
- Hacha Mecha Fighter 1-ALL and Detana!! Twinbee 1-ALL. I can say same thing for both games - scary, unforgiving, cute, cleared them surprisingly fast and I remember them much harder. My routing gets better somehow?

Didn't played Dangun Feveron at all

- DOJWL clears by Juju and Ari, that was a really surprising way to end this year. Also DOJBL 2bil by Juju
- Plasmo with Donpachi WR. With this level of dedication I'm really interested to see what Plasmo can do in Parodius Da!
- RefKey with Detana!! Twinbee 2-ALL
- NMS, maximo and CPS with Raiden II
- NMS and maximo with Same! 1P
- Daringspino who managed to reach 2-5 in DOJWL with A-S ship. Super hard game with super hard ship to use

(4) Goals for 2023:
Raiden II
Dangun Feveron
Raystorm and maybe Raycrisis
Get another 2-ALL and another hard Konami clear
davyK

Post by davyK »

My goals for 2022 were to 1CC Layer Section and Mushi Original.

Managed Mushi Original but crapped out on level 6 of Layer Section (so that makes it my screw up of 2022)

After getting Mushi, I have taken a break from shmups to 100%+ Super Meat Boy so when(!) I get that I'll need to get back at Layer Section and Original Futari.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

- 1-ALL's/ALLs of the entire Raiden series. Some of these ( especially II and DX to a lesser extent) are difficult in the sense that you have to deal with item RNG/ certain enemy spawns are RNG while avoiding any mistakes, since recovery is incredibly difficult.

-In II's case, it took me a long time to clear the game & then record a run that was halfway decent. But in the end, it was incredibly satisfying to beat one of my main inspirations in the genre ( from playing the Raiden X game back in elementary school, and playing Raiden II on cab at a pier arcade in high school. )

-DX having the flashing medal system ( which I noticed was somewhat non-subtly carried over into Strikers 1945 onwards) adds a lot of mechanical depth, and I wish there was a modern port so that more people could check it out.

-Same3! 1P 1-ALL - A simple yet pretty tough biplane game. My playtime wasn't that long surprisingly, probably due to Raiden experience beforehand. Recovery is actually pretty good in this one, and 10 million doesn't seem as bad as some of their other games.

- Psyvariar Delta: Broke 138 million playing with Blanche ( which is a bit more forgiving than Axion R), even if there still room for improvement. Also got 32.8 million on Medium Unit with Axion mu, and 121 million in Revision.

- Thunder Dragon 2 ALL - Didn't give this game a fair shake back when I played in Calice tourney, but relearning the game for the 3rd time was the charm to adapting to the bullets & clearing the game with an ok score.

-Air Raid 10 million - A funny game with broken graphics that Pearl showed off to me. Overall not that difficult ( we both got 10 mil+), but it was some enjoyable jank.

- Had 4/5 Raiden II runs that could have been the clear fall apart on the last section ( with the group of statues/sniper tanks, random zako) & the last boss.
- Wanted to do more commentary/streaming, but work & other responsibilities ate up a ton of time this year.

I thought this year was extremely productive across the community as a whole; some of the highlights include:
- Third strike destroying a ton of old dadgames ( Armed Police Gallop, Gunbird 1, Nebulasray); not even a malfunctioning controller could stop him from clearing Nebulasray in 1cc marathon.
- CPS joining the Raiden grindset ( along with me at certain points of the year) and getting clears of Raiden II, Raiden DX/ Raiden III/IV. He also cleared the game live with a very solid performance. Also enjoying his Raystorm 180 & clear of Extra mode; will be looking forward to the PS1/Arcade clear ( especially when the new m2 port releases).
- NMS joined the Outzone CS gang, Vimana 10 mil+ gang, and also got the Same3! 1P clear suprisingly quick along with Raiden II/DX!
- OmKol also cleared Same3! 1P and Hacha Mecha Fighter!

- M Knight's Milestone love continues with WR's for each character in Chaos Field; really impressive stuff!
- EC2151 finally got the Psyvariar 2 TLB clear with a decent score & is really close to the Giga Wing 2 community record atm.
- Nshooter with his Metal Hawk new version WR by a whopping 5 points! Very impressive run & has some great routing for such a short game.

- Eaglet/Satis's putting out some quality high-scoring replays for Armed Police Batrider
- Multiple DOJ WL clears from Ari_stg & Juju.
- Plasmo's improvement of the Type C WR/ NTSC-J improving Pork WR.

- XUR's WR in XEXEX, utilizing the ( now publicized by the ACA port) score bug
- Refkey's progress in consistently clearing Detana Twinbee 2ALL
Plus even more....

(4) Goals for 2023:
- probably just have fun & try out what interests me
- Check out Trigon/Raystorm and give them some more time

(BONUS) CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: I better see more peeps try out RayForce/ RayCrisis when the new M2 port releases!
mutmut02

Post by mutmut02 »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: Clearing E.S.P Rade, Gun Frontier & Battle Garegga, Silver Surfer, Raycrisis, R-Type II & R-Type III and mostly Gradius IV. Also streaming on Twitch which is a great motivation.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Giving up on Soukyugurentai. I will get back to it but I switched to other games.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: Pasmo on Donpachi, Omkol on tough games, RefKey on Twinbee, CPS on Raiden II, Juju Kenobi on DOJs, MAZ on Ikaruga and of course M.Knight on Chaos Filed.

(4) Goals for 2023: I am still trying to clear my backlog of games I bought in the past 5 years. For this year I will only play on my Tate setup : the Shikigami no Shiro Trilogy, Strikers 1945 II and maybe a few others. Also Gradius III to complete the Gradius series !
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: The slow but steady progress I was making in Esprade and G-Darius this time last year. Also very satisfied with my progress in In the Hunt over the past few weeks.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Walking away from Esprade and G-Darius to play Elden Ring at the end of February. You've got to be dedicated to be good at anything in this life, so most of the progress I made in those games has mostly been lost. irritating. I'm going to have to relearn these titles all over again.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: I have to admit I'm always impressed when I hear someone here has 1CCed a game.

(4) Goals for 2023: I'm going to get that In the Hunt 1CC - just got to iron out the silly mistakes that cost me lives and learn the final boss. I'm not sure if I will return to Elden Ring, as it feels like a drain of my time and energy. Instead I'm going to put effort into getting better at Third Strike and other arcade games (such as shmups), basically whatever is fast and fun whilst giving me some good mental exercise.
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

What a wonderful idea for a thread, nice to see it's been going on for so long as well. :)

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: Getting a 1ALL (I believe that's the term when there is a second loop and I didn't play that) in Dodonpachi was my favorite achievement, hands down. I bought DDP pretty early on in my shmup journey and finally being able to beat the first loop on one credit was important for my self-esteem. I never thought I'd make it, and yet I did. 8)

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: I failed miserably at Einhänder. I was initially aiming for a 1CC but after a while I realized I had to lower my goal so I went with "beating the game with the provided default amount of continues" and even then I barely made it. It was probably my weakest effort this year.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: After completely failing at my Einhänder 1CC attempt I was all the more impressed when Kiken did it!

(4) Goals for 2023: I want to spend much more time with the ESP-games (Ra.De, Galuda 1 and 2), with an Espgaluda 1CC being my main goal. It's one of my favorite shmups of all time so it bugs me that I haven't beaten it. :) I've tried time and time again, I must have over 100 hours on it spread out over my PS2 copy and MAME. My best run ended at the last boss, and I didn't even make it to the final pattern (the sideways bullets which I can't get past without losing at least one life).
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: Every game has me up against the ropes sometime this year so i like them all.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: Play with a malfunctioning controller all year round. Lately the problems have only increased to the point of making me reflect that playing this way is not the right thing to do. Unfortunately getting a new controller is not an easy task in a country where 200usd equals the minimum wage, but I really need to figure this out. I should have done more on gekirindan, I stopped so soon.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: Meriscan in Strikers and Gunbird 2, Emperoring in Giga Wing 2 discipline, M. Knight's WRs, the CPS’s presence in everything, Maximo multiple feats in playing and taking me by the hand, guiding me down the road through Outzone with your spectacular writing and helping me in a 1cc marathon.

(4) Goals for 2023: It's really hard to write this as many times I intend to play one game but end up playing another one for whatever reason. But I would like to get at least two more 2-ALLs this year. And play in more online events.

(BONUS) CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Post and Immortalize all your knowledge in this forum.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

@third strike, what type of controller are you looking for? I have a couple extra controllers I could give you if you're looking for a basic PC compatible pad controller. Is the shipping/customs cost crazy from US to you? Even then maybe we could get a couple community members to help out? Shoot me a PM if interested.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Broken controller doesn't stop him for crushing dadgames with such high scores, really a chad since day one amirite.

I could recommend Logitech F310 for cheapo pad option, this thing is $20 and has circular dpad which always owns, hitting diagonals no problem here. 8bitdo M30 might be a better option for shmup pad from what I heard, dpad looks slightly bigger than F310 and closer to Saturn design as well although it cost two times the F310 last time I checked.
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Arcade Archives Raiden, a testimony of how old school difficulty can provide a good challenge for those who are hunting trophies.
Reaching player level 999 on the PlayStation 4 port of Natsuki Chronicles. It took me a lot of time back then on the XBOX One.

Playing all those trash shmups I've reviewed (Rocketio, Space KaBAAM, Breakthrough Gaming and Pix Arts shmups), but I play them and review them so you don't have to suffer.
The XB1 port of Jim Power, the hit detection in the 16 bit port is horrendous and the shmup segments of the 8-bit port are a nightmare.

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: ZPScissors' 2-All on Strikers 1999/Strikers 1945 III.

(4) Goals for 2023: The usual stuff: Get all the trophies possible and keep writing reviews to praise and lambast shmups and games.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
Juju Kenobi

Post by Juju Kenobi »

Many things happened last year, not sure I kept track of everything

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022: As planned, I played mostly DDP and DOJ for a whole year, getting new PBs in both games.
Played a little bit of Progear as well.
- Dodonpachi 423m PB and getting a 400m+ clear as well.
- Daioujou Black Label 2.587b PB with A-Ex, beating Prometheus score. Got a 2b+ clear with B-L as well.
- Daioujou White Label 2-all.
- Progear 90m PB.

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022: I had bigger scoring goals in mind for this year, guess I'll just get them later :P
The fact that I am quite undecisive about my routes, always thinking that I should dumb them down before getting some good score but still going risky stuff, resulting in terrible consistency.

- MaZ Ikaruga work : the chapter 3 8m, the big PBs and finally getting the 35m (technically happened in 2023, a few days ago).
- A friend of mine got a Ketsui Omote 2-all after almost 2 years of work.
- Plasmo Donpachi play, improving his Type C score and always pushing his routes further.
- Meriscan Strickers 2 and Air Gallet progress, getting amazing scores in both games
- Refkey Datana Twinbee streams and clears.
- M.Knight and Emperoring score chase on their respective games (Choas Field and Giga Wing 2)
- Many cool clears by Omkol, Morsalty and Mutmut live on Twitch, I always enjoy watching their stream when I can.
- DaringSpino quest with DOJWL

(4) Goals for 2023: : Pretty simple goals in mind for this year. Same as last year, 2 main games and enjoy other games casually.
- Ketsui Ura 2-all with 350m+. I'd like to say 400m but probably not
- Ikaruga 33m+
- Optional : play Gunbird 2, learn Futari BL Original scoring

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Let's all play Daioujou when the port comes out 8)
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

"Warning !! A huge wall of text is approaching fast"

This is the first time I'm doing this exercise in english, and it has been a great year for me in the shmup department, so I'll be exhaustive 8)

(1) Personal Favourite Achievements of 2022

- Finishing my aesthics/ philosophy of art master’s degree « thesis » (never sure how it’s called) about Darius II at La Sorbonne, and having do to all sorts of things of many different versions of the game as a consequence of that project (scoring Sagaia V.2 and getting a few top PSN scores,no-missing all arcade final zones on default difficultry, no-missing all final zones in the Mega Drive version, getting some ALLs on the Saturn version, getting ALLs of all arcade versions on default difficulty with 5hz autofire, clearing new routes with Proco Jr. on the Master System version, daring to do the ACFJOUV’ route at Matamarcianos, etc.) were by far my biggest shmup-related achievments this year.

- Getting to do more « content creation » (hate the word but that's how people call it) : shows, podcasts, videos, commentaries, etc related to shmups (mostly in french).

- Getting to know more about the spanish-speaking community and all the great people over there (UBO, Juan Man, Fran Friki, and many more).

- Getting to clear Soukyugurentai live at Shmupslam 5, and being able to brag about being one of the few people in this world that are able to clear this nasty game somehow consistently.

- Getting more serious (in the sense of playing for a clear) in shmup co-op with many different players (M.Knight, Lyv, Lerebours, Game Over, and Mickey), as it’s always a pleasure to elaborate co-op strats with friends. There’s now six games for which we’ve seen the ending without any player continuing (Darius, Darius II, Sagaia V.1, Sagaia V.2, Metal Black, and Dariusburst), and let’s hope there’ll be more in the future.

- Getting to clear/ALL (to avoid any confusion note I consider a « clear » to be the 1CC of the game/ or first loop of a game if it has more than one loop. For multi-loops I usually say ALL for the one credit clear of all loops, or x-ALL if it has inifinte loops/if one has cleared several loops but didn’t get the ALL) 9 different games (which is more than any other year) from 7 different companies. Here’s the list in alphabetical order : Aka to BlueGradius III (Training), KarousMushihimesama Futari Black Label (Original), Progear no ArashiPulstar, ScrambleShippu Mahou DaisakusenUSAAF Mustang. Some of those clears were quite easy, others took a bit more time, but it’s always nice to clear more games regardless :D

- Getting my most difficult clear of any game I’ve ever played (not only shmups) with Darius II very hard mode, an insane kusoge-tier mode that has become a meme in it’s own right. Incredibly satisfied with this one.

- Getting extremely serious with Pulstar speedrunning (despite not doing full runs yet) and going nuts reverse-engineering the world record score with my friend SGN. It’s been a great adventure, there’ll definetely be more to come from our part.

- Getting a first second loop clear with Gradius 2-ALL. Not an immensly difficult second loop, though the beginning of the loop is quite technical and precise. I don't really care for loops overall minus a few exceptions, but as I like to play the og Gradius every now and then and seen all there was to be seen on the first loop I decided that I might as well go for the second loop.

- Getting somehow serious on scoring Aka to Blue scoring despite my ghetto set-up which doesn’t allow to push things as much as I’d like. Insane game, incredibly happy to have discovered this one.

- Getting my second no-miss, no-bomb, no autofire run on Darius Gaiden’s Y zone without autofire, and improving lots of things overall (such as being able to no-miss no-bomb Crusty Hammer T consistently). Also got to no-miss abnormal mode in the Saturn version.

- Getting to no-miss every Dariusburst ACEX route minus Z, and getting to play on the cab twice this year :oops:

(2) Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2022

- Failing to accomplish my objectives I had set myself on the last two shmup events I participated in. It’s not that the runs were huge failures or anything (as it can always happen in the case in live events…), but I’m extremely disappointed since I was very closed both times, and failed for very bad and stupid reasons, which I deeply regret :

1) The Soukyugurentai run Shoot the Baguette 4, which was failed because I was feeling much too confident. Run was going extremely well and I let one single turret on Bakuzan (爆懺) ultimately ruin the entire run. I already had a big warning when I lost a live against stage boss 5 for acting like a fool. After getting my senses back together and pulling a solid stage 6 I reached Bakuzan with three lives in stock (which is more than comfortable for a clear if playing safe) and totally lost it by trying something new on the boss's first phase (something you should probably never do in a live setting). My mistake was only to live one turret live, and I paid the price for it : I knew very well how dangerous those turrets are if you let them live. I clearly remember how confident I was feeling during the run. What a miserable way to blow up a good run... :cry:

2) The Darius II run at Matamarcianos 3 was failed because of many small mistakes that added up during the run, and left me seconds away from doing the no-miss on one of the hardest routes. The run was badly executed overall, with lots of mistakes, and yet it's infuriating to realize I was so close to have the no-miss :roll:

- Reaching stage 9 on Gradius III and not being able to do much ever since despite trying for it. Game was never really a main objective this year, but it’s still annoying I’ve gotten worse everytime I’ve played the game those last few months. Going to have to work seriously on my consistency issues, especially on stage 5, and spend a lot of time practicing last two stages if I want a chance to clear this someday.

- Not beating my PB on Soukyugurentai. Again not really a screw-up since it was not something I was aiming (among all things I wanted to be able to have the best possible condition for consistent one credit clear), but I feel kinda bad of not having beaten my PB since three years despite having gotten much better at the game. I have more than enough to improve my score, both with and without the bomb bug (chaining alone could get me something like 1-2M maybe, then add 650k per bugged bomb). It’s definetely something I need and want to improve eventually, though probably not in 2023 since I have different plans for that game this year (see below).

(3) Favourite Achievements by Others of 2022: As usual many cool achievments happened this year, since some of the most insane and obvious achievments have already been pointed out several times I’ll be a hipster and point out some that haven’t been mentionned as well :

- Skalt711's Gradius community record at max speed : insane achievment from an insane player. If he could somehow talk less about his plans and play more most ppl would take him more seriously, and probably realize how gifted the guy is.

- DMC getting 30M+ in Soukyugurentai, and getting 60 M+ in Great Mahou Daisakusen. Insane achievments, too bad most people probably don’t realize how good these are due to not being popular Yagawa Raizing games, nor being very well-known or discussed games among new generations, etc. It was a real pleasure to discuss high level strats with him, and I’m glad I could help him improve his score. The commentary he did with EmperorIng for my Shmup Slam 5 run was also one of the highlights.

- trap15’s finds on those two games. It's always great to learn new things !

- raisonnable’s journeys with Cyvern and Marx Matrix, and being the great guy he is.

- Omkol being on fire as usual, clearing all sorts of cool stuff. One of the most talented players I’ve ever seen, and also one of the kindest, most helpfull, and supportive player I know of.

- Lerebours for keeping up with his replays, articles, shows, commentaries, etc. it’s always very insightfull to read of hear what the guy has to say about a game he likes. His IRL sessions and keeping up with his sarcastic sense of humour that always piss off fanboys also count as some of my favourite achievments this year.

- Plasmo and Meriscan for keeping track of all great arcade shmup scores. Fantastic work ! I'd be interested in seeing someone undertake the insane task of doing this for non-arcade shmups as well.

- SGN for teaching me the ways of Pulstar and finally releasing the Kamui interview that was in stores for years. Hope he finds the motivation for doing a full run optimized scoring run (with and/or without the double kos).

- AndrewR98 for all his great clears (the most memorable for me being his 47M Grand Mahou Daisakusen ALL with Chitta) and amazing work on the wiki. A very nice and very helpfull player, I am very glad we have people like him in the community.

- Lyv not doing much to get out of semi-retirement and still showing up at every IRL. Crazy cool achievment.

- M.Knight doing lots of very cool achievments like Dangun Feveron ALL and being an very inspiring ambassador for many games and game design ideas. Let's not forget his WRs are only the tip of the iceberg.

- NSTC-J beating my Darius II double-screen community out of the blue with a run passing through zone F and on a Switch lite.

- mutmut02 clearing games like a madman, he truly is the Super-clearer. Big kuddos for his Gradius IV clear.

- toimine’s no-miss clears of all Darius Gaiden’s zones without autofire and with very personnal and interesting strats. Very exciting journey to follow.

- VxD’s Aka to Blue Type-R achievments. Can’t wait for him to figure to finally defeat Murasaki.

- Overall all the people going crazy with just one or a few games : Juju Kenobi, Plasmo, Meriscan, MAZ, etc.

- And on the other hand all the people going crazy with survival clears : Buffi, Rezardi, Pepepacco, Kollision, Con 5 Duros, etc. While I get the feeling survival achievments are less well regarded as getting insane scores, most people don't realize it takes about just as much skill and dedication to destroy many different games with different gameplays in no-time.

- Last but not least : incredibly happy that a great player like AUM_aun ended his Soukyugurentai’s scoring attempts with the most sublime mumbles about the bomb bug luck-shit rng manipulation, the deletion of all his replays/twitch attempts, and a score under 20M (despite that he could have gotten a much better score if we wasn’t just going apeshit on every bomb and just learned the game instead :lol:). Ragequitting like that is an achievment in itself since it emphasizes how awfull and broken this scoring bug is for the game balance, and it’s time the people that have not seriously played this game for score begin to realize that. I mean you sure can enjoy rng luckshit, but in the end it's detrimental to rely only this. Gives even more credit to DMC’s determination to push for such a high score.

(4) Goals for 2023

- Working on finding an aesthetics phd with shmus as a subject. So far there’s only been a single thesis/phd done on shmup (All of Your Base are Belong to Us? Shmups as a Source for Better Game Design by Luke McMillan), which is somehow of a paradoxal situation for what is often considered the very first videogame genre. That’ll be a hell of an project, and I’m not yet certain I will be able to make it happen for many reasons, but that is my main shmup goal for 2023 :D

- Finishing some stuff on the different versions of Darius II, such as getting my community record back on the 2-screen arcade version, clearing Master System normal mode with Proco Jr., trying Mega Drive special mode and higher difficulty modes, trying other routes on 2-screen arcade version very hard mode maybe, and most importantly working on an update on my master’s degree thesis so that I can make public and accessible to everyone.

- Playing more games on the Saturn. In 2022 I’ve been neglecting it a little bit and played more games on PS4 instead, in 2023 I want to spend more time on the 21 shmups I have in my collection, that includes trying out to tate some CRTs at my parents’ house and finally get to play 3/4 vertical shmups outside of IRL sessions.

- Clear more Konami games. There’s quite a few that I’ve worked on but didn’t finish.

- Getting the Soukyugurentai ALL with S.O.Q 010 so to finally have a replay available on the internet.

- Play more console Darius games.

- Finally begin to play G-Darius.

- Clear shmups from new developpers.

- Overcoming my writer’s block and finally start to write full guides. This is probably my biggest challenge for this year 8)

(BONUS) CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS

- Get out of your comfort zone and try different shmups you’re no used to, instead of playing the same type of games eveytime. You might be suprized with what can come out of that.

- If you’re only playing and grinding just one or only very few games try to go for more basic achievments in other games. As satisfying as grinding games seriously can be you miss a lot by just sticking to the games you know. Take some break, try something new, even it’s just for a few hours, get a scrubclear or something, it shouldn’t take too long, and can have great benefits for your grinding in the long run.

- On the other hand if you’re a 1CC destroyer try to get more serious if you find a game you really like, chances are you might get to like it. Isn’t it a shame to spend some time on a game to never to play it again ? You’re missing a lot as well if all you care is seing the ending of a game without continuing. Getting to spend a bit of time on a game past the 1CC (scoring, trying different character, going for a no-miss, etc.) can be very beneficial, you might get to see a game in a new way.

- Most of all : don’t be to harsh on yourself with goals :wink:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Didn't have any goals last year, and I didn't play nearly as many as usual (though I think part of it is that rhythm games ended up filling that void). The only accomplishment I can think of is 1CC'ing the arcade Giga Wing, which is something I haven't done in a while, but I also don't practice religiously like others so I don't see it as being particularly special.

My only goal this year is to play more STGs than last, and maybe try to keep making progress in Dodonpachi Daioujou, as I finally picked it up last year on PS2 and played it on and off throughout the year. It's wrecking me but I'm at least consistently making it to Stage 4 now. Maybe finally getting a clear on Ketsui's first loop would be nice. Re-obtaining Muchi Muchi Pork for 360 again and playing that again would be a bonus too. Oh, and finally (no pun intended) finishing R-Type Final and Final 2 would probably be the last on my to-do list for now.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Personal High:

Towards the end of the year, I managed three Taito clears (Metal Black, EAR, a new - for me - Gaiden Route) in a protracted period (two weeks or so). A personal highlight not for the raw skill; I just found the experience to be a pure pleasure, enjoyed the Zuntata tunes immensely, and it helped to invigorate my interest in playing games.

Personal Low:

There were several times where I let my wandering eye get the better of me. Skipping around too much in the summer months sapped my ability, and eventually my will to clear anything. I love experimenting, and will continue to do so, but I think it's important for my own motivation to be working towards a specific goal.

Others' Highs:

Too many.

First to mind is the fact that trap got to put out what looks like a brilliantly conceived, revamped version of P47 Aces. Amazing to see one man's longstanding passion for a game pay out as a bespoke arcade project in 2022. It's really an accomplishment, and I appreciated the community members who put aside a little of the exAnimosity to recognize how cool it is that trap got to realize such an improbable project.

For scores, I tend to remember more recent examples. I liked seeing Emperoring pushing hard on Giga Wing 2, chronicling the good days and the stage one hell days. MAZ continuing to hound Ikaruga. CPS on Raiden. M.Knight's bonkers Chaos Field play, and the art he dropped on Discord along the way. Plasmo for DP, and even more for being such a tenacious record keeper. BIL and all contributors for making R2RKMF a fantastic non-shmup reason to hang out here. All the posters who continue to keep system11 interesting even as many migrate to Discord. And many, many more.

A special mention to a number of names I won't name who set impossibly high goals for themselves, and - though they failed - showed incredible self-discipline through weeks or months of missed runs, often leaving a trail of information that will be invaluable to others. This year I learned from many that there's a lot of dignity in the journey, even if the end isn't where they expected.

Goals for 2023:

If I accomplish one thing only, I'd like it to be a clear of Thunder Dragon 2. I consider it perhaps the early-90s vert STG masterpiece and, at some point or other, have routed all the stages. However, I've never managed the golden run where it all comes together. I don't report all my clears, but if I get this one - you will be hearing from me.

Secondarily, I'd like to clear either Raystorm or Raycrisis on the new M2 collection. I've also got Gun Frontier in my sights, and Night Striker (assuming ACA comes this year). I'd also like to polish off Fighting Hawk, and get into a Psikyo game - probably Strikers II.
ZapRowsdower

Post by ZapRowsdower »

Personal Favorite Achievement
No-miss-no-bombing the helicopter boss in Esp Ra De (when the harbor is the third stage in the order). Not a huge deal, but that was my first real sticking point. The practice features and the save-state features in the M2 Shottriggers ports are so good.

Goals For 2023:
  • 1CC Blue Revolver on Normal mode: I really love Blue Revolver, and I'm excited to finally break down the last stretch of the game. I hit a hard wall on the Stage 4 boss, but I think I can do it.

1-All Donpachi: Seems pretty achievable.

1 CC Esp Ra De: maaaaaybe? Ms. Garra is brutal.