shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:15 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176  Next
 Post subject: Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 pm 

Another case of lava induced PTSD.

I remember getting go what was the mid point and I breathed a sigh of relief before uttering "fuuuuuuccckkkkk".

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 pm 

BIL wrote:
I find Curse weirdly likeable too. Bizarrely erratic aesthetic, if nothing else - can't recall another aggressively gunmetal "space shooter" where you're mowing down hordes of rainbow-plumed Flickies. I think it's the choppy framerate that really marks it down. Feels more MSX2 than MD... I thought the final stage suddenly implementing checkpoints was a bit daft, too. It's still not particularly hard, just makes the devs look unconfident. What a killer sleeve art, though! My rule is, when the presentation is that good, the game can get away with being merely passable. This goes for OSTs too, of course. :mrgreen:

I couldn't believe how great Raiden Densetsu came out on MD, being published by the same guys (Micronet, IIRC?). Then I learned it was from Seibu themselves, explained a lot. :lol:

Whip Rush is actually really good imo, I'd put it well above Curse and XDR. Some inspired stage/weapon design, great tunes too (recently discovered the composer has quite the resume). Admittedly, its killer Yuji Kaida sleeve art helps, too. :wink:

XDR reminds me of Assault Suit Leynos, with its little sprites and garish colours. Feels like an escaped Mark III game. Nowhere as unique as Leynos, to be sure, just a middling Gradiuseque for the STG console without any Gradiuses. Which helps it out a bit. :cool:

Yeah, man, Micronet... I don't think they made a single good game, ever. :lol:

I'm a sucker for anything 80s Japanese Cyberpunk though, so that knocks Curse up at least 2 points for me.

Curious about trying Whip Rush again now. Played it years ago and remember not being too impressed. Although it is Vic Tokai developed, so that usually speaks for quality.

Sengoku Strider wrote:
On the other hand, XDR stands for X-Dazedly Ray, which is important to think about.

:lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:58 pm 

Yo! I got the cheesy RFJ ALL1 finally! With Miclus. It's currently the highest Miclus score on XBLA, because it's the only one :lol:

As a side note, has anyone else noticed the similarities between Mars Matrix S4 and RFJ simulation L35? I mean, they are both Battleship raids, so that's part of it, but it's also structured pretty similarly, and the final central turret that spams bullets looks kinda similar. We do know that there was at least one guy at Takumi who really liked RFJ.
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 pm 

LordHypnos wrote:

Excellent find! I don't think I'd ever seen that before. Definitely sounds relevant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:46 pm 

BIL wrote:
LordHypnos wrote:

Excellent find! I don't think I'd ever seen that before. Definitely sounds relevant.

It was translated by GaijinPunch, I think. Yeah, it was a super interesting interview.

EDIT: For comparison (pardon the poor video quality) here is:

RFJ Simulation L35
Mars Matrix Stage 4

They both follow a sort of "zakos, battleship, zakos, battleship, zakos, midboss, zakos and big enemies, battleship" sort of progression, though in MM, it's 3 separate battleships, while RFJ it's all one battle ship, I think, and the first two battleship sections are the wings. They both have lots of destructable jets and turrets and stuff, but that's probably just par for the course with battleship raids. Luckily, you can actually see the bullets in Mars Matrix S4, which I would say is a major improvement :lol:

One notable difference is that after you destroy the final turret in Mars Matrix, you have to fight an escape pod. This part is actually similar to Real Battle Phase 2, however I don't think that pod actually shoots at you, wheras the pod in MM is generally the biggest wall encountered by players.
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:18 pm 

r-type, aka bitCh-type 2-ALL no-miss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9z6Ip2yKw0

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:59 am 

Nice job. R-Type is definitely on my to-do list this year. I came really close to it a few years ago but real life got in the way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:07 am 

bcass wrote:
Nice job. R-Type is definitely on my to-do list this year. I came really close to it a few years ago but real life got in the way.

taHnk ^^

if you record it, post yOur clear. i wanna see it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 pm 

I just got a 1cc on GG Aleste 3! (Normal, default settings) Also got a 1cc on GG Aleste 1 & 2 within the past week, but those only took 2 attempts and 2 days, respectively. GG3 took several days and more work than I expected (my runs tended to fall apart on the last couple levels). This time I went into the last battle with 9 lives I think - got 50th place in the rankings.

I know these are considered to be quite easy but I'm starting at the bottom and working my way up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:45 pm 

I did a Hishouzame 2-ALL.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:33 pm 

R-Type Final 2 on Bydo (hard) difficulty

https://youtu.be/HDzUuLEtY94

Level 2, 3, 5 and 7.0 are much more interesting compared to their "normal"-Version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:57 am 

Finished every course in Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX+ with the new ship Murakumo. This includes final zones H through Z and as a bonus I also cleared every new EX+ Event.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:15 am 

Just cleared the 6.1/7.1 path on normal in R-Type Final 2. That's all three paths done on one credit then. I used the Leo II for stages 1-5, then the Kiwi Berry for 6.1 and (naturally) the Bydo System Alpha for 7.1.

Now I'm really just waiting for Mr. Heli to become available in the R museum.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:36 pm 

SPOLOUS 1CC All-Clear No-Miss Route-A Type-C3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h-fhgOfnac

I did a search and didn't find any mention of this game on the forum. It's a neat little Gradius clone. I played it on one of the normal routes in the video, but it gets a lot more challenging on the hard routes. It's free to download from here:

https://suppon.itch.io/spolous

The graphics can be a tad amateur, and I'm not too keen on some of the music, but it plays really well and it has some unique touches like getting a bonus for cycling past the Shield power-up and the ability to stop your multiples following you.

You can fix the vsyc issue by forcing vsync in your graphics driver settings. I didn't find out about this until after I uploaded the video.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:25 pm 

I got a 1-ALL on DOJ BL after so many days/weeks grinding it. Boss 4 and midboss 4 didn't go as planned but overall it was a satisfying run. I died against the 4th boss when he had 1 pixel of health bar remaining, but I believe it gave me extra motivation to beat the game, it was payback time.
Did pretty good against the final boss too (considering what my usual practice runs look like), I'm happy.

https://youtu.be/8rae6hcvKTc

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:55 am 

Nice run. Looks kinda hard :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:51 am 

Got the 1cc for Soldier Blade. Man, what a banger. The soundtrack is so freaking good--reminds me of Mega Man X. The whole game was perfect for me. Just the right amount of difficulty for a meh player where it was challenging but never too frustrating. That kind of sums up a lot of the PC Engine shooters I've been playing. Love the PCE catalogue a lot. Might try something more challenging next like R-Type or Nexzr.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:56 pm 

I just no-bombed the first loop of Truxton iOS on normal! Here’s to hoping the hard no-bomb isn’t too far off :D

This game in particular is very frustrating, but there’s a catharsis to actually reaching the end because of that. This is my first 1cc of any game ever!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:07 pm 

I had no idea Truxton was on mobile (iOS and Android apparently). Presumably the difficulty is scaled down compared to the arcade original?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:49 pm 

bcass wrote:
I had no idea Truxton was on mobile (iOS and Android apparently). Presumably the difficulty is scaled down compared to the arcade original?

I made a quick comparison in another thread ( here ) and yeah. Basically the rank is lower, but the level design seems faithful. No bomb seems quite impressive though, I don't know how the difficulty is in later levels, but I remember having to bomb a lot in the arcade version.
Truxton is a great choice of game at any rate, congrats and best of luck for hard mode. 8)

Since this is the thread for 1CCs, I just got the Dogyuun (Japan) 1-ALL. It was quite hard, arguably the hardest Toaplan clear I've done so far (I have yet to seriously attempt Same3 1P and Tatsujin Oh though, and I know they're way harder than this). A cool game nonetheless, far from perfect but it's very enjoyable. And it has cool robots, that's a big plus.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:07 am 

I got the 1-ALL for Ketsui in Deathtiny mode. Not sure where that actually ranks on the list of accomplishments (the 'deathtroy' bar makes things more manageable), but I'm not too worried about that. The important takeaway for me is that a year ago, when I started taking the genre seriously, there's no way in jigoku I could have done things like this:

Those bullet gaps would've looked impossibly small, and I would've just panic bombed & died a bunch. Now they look so big I almost didn't post this gif at first. That was a 'whoah' moment to me, I don't know how sure I was I'd actually get this far.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:21 am 

I'd be interested to see the difficulty of the Cave-port exclusive modes ranked (for difficulty). Has anyone done that yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:14 pm 

Sengoku Strider wrote:
Those bullet gaps would've looked impossibly small, and I would've just panic bombed & died a bunch. Now they look so big I almost didn't post this gif at first. That was a 'whoah' moment to me, I don't know how sure I was I'd actually get this far.

That's me to a T ha, that makes my eyes hurt.
Congrats man!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:34 pm 

Marc wrote:
That's me to a T ha, that makes my eyes hurt.
Congrats man!

I've found:

1) A low latency monitor or CRT is a worthwhile investment. I got a (relatively) cheap Asus with .5 frames of lag, and it really did improve my performance measurably over playing on my Bravia.

2) Sitting closer to the monitor/TV helps a lot, the gaps really do become larger in your field of view.

3) Caffeine. I think I did that run hopped up on Diet Pepsi & Tetley tea like a proper living room gangsta. You can't slow down all the bullets, but you can speed up your brain!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:26 pm 

Exzisus 1-All (dedicated ver.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqvKzvQEKY

Cutting it close there, finishing the last boss on my last life. The rank in this version of the game is absolutely vicious, which is why I avoid most of the power-ups for most of the run. I might try and get the 1-All for the other version (conversion ver.) which plays very differently to this version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:09 am 

I'm sure every man and his dog has this one, but here's my 1CC run for Super XYX (using Blue Fox):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVGeUfNSHgM

Well worth the $10 asking price if you haven't already bought it. Might go for the Gauntlet run next.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:51 pm 

Batsugun 1CC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Cm59qGsiA

There are some really tight moments on stage 5 that I completely fluked. This is easily the most difficult vert I've ever completed. Batsugun Special 1CC was fairly easy, and feels like there's a significant gulf in difficulty between that and Batsugun. Special took me a few days to complete, whereas I've been practising Batsugun for over a month. My runs have been so hit and miss recently that I thought it was going to take a lot longer. I'm eager to move on to the next Toaplan game now, most likely V-V or Fixeight. I might try and improve this run from time to time. I wouldn't mind getting a no-miss.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:39 pm 

[1CC] Rude Breaker (Compile 1996 / NEC PC-98)
Great game, now i'll try Flame Zapper Kotsujin, wish me luck :lol:

Normal - Vulcan - 1.072.700:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HGLulHywm4

Normal - Laser - 1.260.430:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMZDc_JM4mg

Normal - Missile - 1.282.860:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbm7in-iIco

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:56 pm 

Got an unexpected clear of Battle Garegga Premium mode the other day after a few years of dabbling :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwFEYwcwbcw

Played a few credits of various games beforehand (Youjuuden on the Mister was a nice discovery) then decided to play some Garegga since it's kind of a go to game if I can't think what to play next.

Lot of autobombs and reckless mistakes where I'm like "dammit you know you can dodge that", even got hit on the first boss, overall though I'm kinda proud of that run :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:04 am 

Finally got the extremely tough "From beginning to end like expert" achievement from Q-YO Blaster.
How tough is it?, Well, 0.00% of players unlocked it, so I think that makes me the lone shmupper by far. Also, it's my second 0.00% unlocked achievement after the 1,000 matches played one in Mars: Chaos Menace.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176  Next