AW System in Egret

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Brian

AW System in Egret

Post by Brian »

I have a Atomiswave in my Egret cab but I cannot get buttons 1 or 2 to work. I was told that the Egret was ready to run AW straight away and the previous owner used the same AW system I am running; he sold me both as a package.

Buttons 1 and 2 are both set to ON and I cannot get them to function in Test Mode or in gameplay. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Atomiswave uses normal jamma for buttons 1-3, so unless your egret is not wired for Jamma, it should work. If the buttons are reading as ON all the time, then you have a grounding issue. Do other Jamma PCBs work ok?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Yes, all the other boards I have tried work fine. Can it be a grounding issue within the motherboard itself?
Ord

Post by Ord »

It sounds like one of the diodes in the motherboard has blown. I had the same problem myself. I sent it to someone I knew who posted the problem on the Atomiswave forums. Link Here. Did you hook it up to the jamma connector the wrong way?
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Brian

Post by Brian »

Yes, I have seen that link is a few places now. Actually, I did hook it up the wrong way. I tested the AW out on a less than ideal supergun that I have lying around the house. It is not labeled component or solder and has no key, so that is the problem. I plan to take out the diode tonight. Thanks a lot.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Good luck Brian, let us know how it went :)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well, I am glad to say I de-soldered diode #7 and all is well. I am very happy that diode 7 was there in the first place to save my AW from total death! Thanks for the links that helped me out so much.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Ahhh.. good stuff.