shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:24 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: My findings on the new 2.04 Framemeister firmware:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:28 pm 

Anybody else realized they pulled the update again? How are the odds they are working on an improved version?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:14 pm 

So, I just ordered a Framemeister to hopefully improve the video from the PS2 that I have hooked up to my 65" 4K TV. I will be hooking up the PS2 to the FM via RGB SCART.

I'm not going to pretend that I understand all the technical terms being discussed in this thread. I just have a basic question: for my situation, am I better off staying with the old firmware (V2.03aE) or this new one (V2.04E?) I know a lot of people have this device for 240p gaming, but since the PS2 is almost all 480i, I wasn't sure which firmware is better for that.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:35 am 

So, just a quick update. The previous post was delayed from appearing by 3 days, because it was my first one. (I'm not sure if that means that it immediately went to the 3rd page or not.)

Anyhow, my Framemeister arrived yesterday. I haven't even unpacked it yet, since the RGB SCART cables are still on the way. Anyone have an opinion which firmware I should load on it if I'm just using it for PS2? Thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:14 pm 

Shuco13 wrote:
Anybody else realized they pulled the update again? How are the odds they are working on an improved version?

Seems like it's still up:

http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xrgb-mini.html

brachypelma44 wrote:
Anyone have an opinion which firmware I should load on it if I'm just using it for PS2? Thanks.

I can only say that 2.04 has been working fine for me, in the limited time I've tried. I don't believe 480i would be treated any differently by 2.03 versus 2.04.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:32 pm 

copy wrote:
Shuco13 wrote:
brachypelma44 wrote:
Anyone have an opinion which firmware I should load on it if I'm just using it for PS2? Thanks.

I can only say that 2.04 has been working fine for me, in the limited time I've tried. I don't believe 480i would be treated any differently by 2.03 versus 2.04.

Thanks very much.

My RGB cables still haven't arrived, so I haven't been able to hook anything up yet. Looking forward to it, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 am 

Update: So, the RGB SCART cable + Framemeister RGB adaptor came today, so I was finally able to hook this thing up.

It looked excellent right out of the box, and with a little tweaking, outstanding. It was an expensive solution, but on a large screen, every little flaw is magnified and easily spotted, so it was worth it to me to make it look as good as possible. I don't really know what they could add in a future firmware that would make it look any better than it already does.

Offline Profile