shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:53 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: Gunbird
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:03 am 

We have a 1,603,500 score on the french forums, if you want something to shoot for.

In any case, congrats, you've been ripping through those games recently!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:43 pm 

Much appreciated Lyv and thanks for the info, good to know that more people play this game.

Video

Yuan Nang
Vludi - 1,650,300 - ALL - 1P - No - Mame (World)

Got lucky and didn't get the train stage in the loop, although I still did a major mistake (dying in Mines boss with 5 bombs). Nevertheless I'm pretty satisfied with this run :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:53 am 

Finally got a 1cc woot

Marion
Geekman1222/DMC - 705,800 - 2-1 - 1P Side - No Auto - PCB

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:18 am 

All these loops on the board make me feel like I really screwed up somewhere.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 pm 

Time for a little activity inbetween my Sengoku Ace practice. First time ever triggering the extend, and first time I made it so far on a single credit. Unfortunately I had panic-bombed too much on 1-5 to make it deep into 1-6 (the sarcophagus boss got me).

Imagine my joy when that three pillar midboss makes an appearance in Gunbird. Fuck you asshole, I've been savestate-practicing your bullshit in Sengoku Ace. Can't trick me twice.

Marion
EmperorIng - 448,500 - 1-6 - 1P - YES - Switch

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:34 am 

ImageImage

Marion
Square_Air - 1,402,300 - ALL - 1P - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2 (Japan)

Video

:^)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:07 pm 

Marion
Jaimers - 1,451,300 - ALL - 1P - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2 (Japan)

Video

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:17 pm 

ImageImage

Valnus
Maurener - 1,695,700 - ALL - 1P - No - ShmupMAME v4.2 (Japan)

VID

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:43 am 

Holy shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:39 am 

La Calice Cup Score
Marion
CRI - 841,300 - 2-2 - 1P - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2 (Japan)
Spoiler: show

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:08 am 

Tetsu
BareKnuckleRoo - 728,400 - 2-1 - 1P - Yes - ShmupMAME 4.2

Pleasantly surprised to have beaten the first loop in Calice Cup. Tetsu's bomb is ridiculously slow on startup but you can plan its uses and pretty much flatten all bosses with it. His charge shot is pretty much useless but his actual main shot itself is quite potent. Low move speed and slow, unsafe bomb makes him a major liability in the loop I presume.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:13 am 

Yuan Nang
DenT4F - 804,400 - 2-1 - 1P - Yes - ShmupMame v4.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9ehy016fE

Was very surprised and pleased to clear this during Calice Cup earlier this year... friendly competition is a great motivator!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:35 am 

Yuan Nang
Lags - 782,800 - 2 -1 - 1P - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2

Very cool game. Might explore second loop some more.

Maurener wrote:
Valnus - 1,695,700 - ALL
VID

Fantastic run, wow.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 am 

A new personal best! I'm doing fairly well for a version of the game without save-states or practice... Just grind out every version of the first three stages till you are a master. :mrgreen:

First time making it to the stage 1-6 boss. I actually was taking a number of these later bosses/midbosses slow, not focusing on firing (other than my charge shot). This way I was more trying to learn how the patterns looked and how to dodge them rather than scrambling to kill the bosses asap. That being said, I really messed up on 1-5's boss, dying to the two mini heads because I got confused and out of position for their simultaneous spreadshot. It was forced to use two bombs which did me no favors for the next stage. I can't remember specifically but I might have died again messing up on the tombstone midboss.

I need to learn the patterns for the three Trump ships right before 1-5's boss. I get nervous and panic-bomb there when Rogue's two appendages fly towards you and start shooting.

Marion
EmperorIng - 522,400 - 1-6 - 1P - YES - Switch

I wish I could have made it to the skull or dragon variant...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:02 am 

I'm slowly getting my way there. I'm so close to the 1ALL now.

EDIT: DISREGARD, SEE NEW SCORE BELOW
Marion
EmperorIng - 632,200 - 1-7 - 1P - YES - Shmupmame 4.2 (Japan)

Decided to switch to shmupmame for this practice session on ricky's suggestion. I'm doing about the same, performance-wise, so I don't know (yet) if I can blame my deaths on Switch lag!

I might have gotten the worst RNG on the 1-6 boss yet in this run. I first got the mech or golem, which is by far the hardest boss of the first phase. Then I got stuck with the Tanuki, which had me scrambling with a panic bomb. Then, after the Tanuki blew up, 5 orbs showed up at the top of the screen and rammed me, dropping me by one power level. Then the dragon showed up! I was keeping to the strategy to kill him safely (at the sound of the roar start moving left or right without stopping) but with my weakened power and the dragon's erratic movement, a slip up due to nerves was inevitable and I got a bad death in. I was slightly out of position for the final phase of the Trump trio.

Can't wait to break through this! I got some save-states to practice this last rough patch. However, the choice of what stage I get for 1-3 can really impact my bomb usage. I am resigning myself to the reality that I -will- need to bomb at the Train stage with the two rows of house turrets. And that I -will- need to bomb at least once for the Castle boss, or the mine boss's first form. Too risky otherwise. To say nothing of the train stage boss at 1-3, in which I might panic bomb twice. :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:55 am 

YES! FINALLY! Got so nervous that I couldn't even enter my name properly. A 1ALL with Marion!

EmperorIng - 784,000 - 2-1 - 1P - YES - Shmupmame 4.2 (Japan)

And a video of it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJTAY-opQ8

A no-miss until the final fight with Rouge, Claude, and Ace on 1-7. Lost another life to Atler because I couldn't figure out the point-blank strategy, but I managed to hang on and enter the loop with a life and some bombs to spare! I wasn't prepared for the insanity of a loop 2 boss though. This game is so good (at least its first loop!).

I'll be working on trying to improve this score tomorrow, but I felt the need to share!
EDIT: I think it'll take a while to improve on this score, based on my two other 1alls!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:03 am 

Still no 800k, but I am soooooo close. A new personal best came roaring out of tonight's practice session though, so it was a good way to end the night.

Marion
EmperorIng - 799,700 - 2-1 - 1P - YES - Shmupmame 4.2 (Japan)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/564275932

I am pretty happy with capturing this footage because
a) this showcases a different set of levels than I usually get or have recorded (castle > forest > train)
b) this video also has a guest appearance of the rare tanuki boss on 1-6, whom I have only seen a handful of times in all my practice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:53 am 

It finally happened! One week of practice later and I managed to break past the 2-1/800k ceiling, in style! BREAKIN' ON THROUGH TO THE TOP 5 BABY

Marion
EmperorIng - 882,400 - 2-2 - 1P - YES - Shmupmame 4.2 (Japan)

Video
I'll work on a youtube upload later... EDIT: Here it is!

This run saw me get impeccable luck, and I was able to react to a variety of circumstances in an advantageous way. First, I got a 'golden' stage order: Train > Castle > Forest. Not only did this mean I wouldn't limp into loop 2 with the dreaded train or castle stage as my first, but I got those stages out of the way early on so as not to use a precious bomb. Secondly, getting the mine stage as 2-1 was a real stroke of luck, as it's easily the least difficult of the four stages in its second loop. Third, getting a no-bomb until 1-6 meant that I snagged two 10k max bomb bonuses.

Man, I am so glad I managed this. I was already giving up hope that I'd pull it off. Lots of failed attempts even with save-state practice.

Offline Profile