shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm 



Joined: 02 Apr 2018
Posts: 24
If anyone can provide me with anything above the 1.02 that is on both of mine, I'd be much obliged. I tried to see if I could sign up for an extron account as an independent programmer, but they never responded in any way, despite the fact that I actually am a programmer and had a .mil address to give them.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 3097
Location: UK
https://mega.nz/#!KUhQRK6A!gvHefbepqAc6 ... MAGAf2PYpU (v1.25)
https://mega.nz/#!HMwiASiZ!W5elb3tk7h39 ... 03I342lqm0 (v1.26)
_________________
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:29 am 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 2043
BuckoA51 wrote:
https://mega.nz/#!KUhQRK6A!gvHefbepqAc6rEjxk_6nEJOROS-IV_1ReMAGAf2PYpU (v1.25)
https://mega.nz/#!HMwiASiZ!W5elb3tk7h39 ... 03I342lqm0 (v1.26)


Thanks, I plan on staying on 1.25, but I grabbed 1.26 just in case.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:53 am 



Joined: 02 Apr 2018
Posts: 24
Thanks for the firmware links Bucko.

At the risk of sounding greedy, can someone post the program to load the firmware as well? or is there a way to do this through dataviewer that I am not understanding?

I still do not understand why all of this stuff isn't just openly downloadable from their site like every other company, or why they won't just give an account to anyone who registers at least if they are just trying to track what gets downloaded and how often.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:19 am 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 2043
ErebusMaligan wrote:
At the risk of sounding greedy, can someone post the program to load the firmware as well? or is there a way to do this through dataviewer that I am not understanding?


No, you should update the firmware with the programs from Extron, such as Extron PCS.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:57 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 472
Thanks BuckoA51
Do you by chance have the newest version of the PCS as well?

ErebusMaligan wrote:
I still do not understand why all of this stuff isn't just openly downloadable from their site like every other company, or why they won't just give an account to anyone who registers at least if they are just trying to track what gets downloaded and how often.


Extron seems to treat end-users with complete contempt for some reason.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2014
Posts: 498
Seraphic wrote:
Extron seems to treat end-users with complete contempt for some reason.

They expect their dealers to handle the support for end users.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:00 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 881
Unseen wrote:
Seraphic wrote:
Extron seems to treat end-users with complete contempt for some reason.

They expect their dealers to handle the support for end users.

I'm a partner in a company that does A/V integration for small business and residential, and we tried to get a dealer account with them

they really didn't give a shit about us either once I told them we would probably not be moving tens of thousands of dollars of their product on a regular basis


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:36 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 472
Unseen wrote:
Seraphic wrote:
Extron seems to treat end-users with complete contempt for some reason.

They expect their dealers to handle the support for end users.


That may be, but I think I can speak for most users on this forum in that we purchase our Extron products used on eBay.
So we do not deal with dealers directly and therein lies the problem as we do not have easy access to latest firmware updates (etc).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 3097
Location: UK
Extron PCS software - https://mega.nz/#!ucwxnSJT!OgAkXqyb8t8h ... FaDyVwCxhw

If anyone tries the update let me know how you get on as mine's not set up at the mo.
_________________
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:52 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 472
BuckoA51 wrote:
Extron PCS software - https://mega.nz/#!ucwxnSJT!OgAkXqyb8t8h ... FaDyVwCxhw

If anyone tries the update let me know how you get on as mine's not set up at the mo.


Thanks for posting newest version of PCS. Do you have an Extron account? :wink:

I updated mine from 1.25 to 1.26 using an older version of PCS (4.3.x). But process was easy enough.
Install PCS, connect USB to 301HD and computer, power on 301HD, link PCS software with 301HD, select update firmware from one of the menu tabs at top and then select the 1.26 .s19 firmware and click update.

The DSC301HD-FirmwareUpgradeV1x26.exe you posted earlier will put the 1.26 .s19 firmware file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Extron\Firmware\DSC 301 HD\v1_26_0001 on your computer.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 3097
Location: UK
I don't have an account but I did manage to find a friendly contact within Extron willing to grab a few downloads for me :)
_________________
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:58 pm 



Joined: 02 Apr 2018
Posts: 24
BuckoA51 wrote:
Extron PCS software - https://mega.nz/#!ucwxnSJT!OgAkXqyb8t8h ... FaDyVwCxhw

If anyone tries the update let me know how you get on as mine's not set up at the mo.


Thanks so much!
Worked great, both for updating the firmware and configuring settings.
While the front panel controls work well enough, and tactile buttons and knobs are fun, it can be kind of a pain to set up all the presets vs just typing in some numbers.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 2043
BuckoA51 wrote:
Extron PCS software - https://mega.nz/#!ucwxnSJT!OgAkXqyb8t8h ... FaDyVwCxhw

If anyone tries the update let me know how you get on as mine's not set up at the mo.


Thank you, I already have installed on my PC version 4.3 that I used when I installed 1.25, but I grabbed the newest version just in case.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:16 am 



Joined: 19 Mar 2017
Posts: 139
Today I discovered 2 things about my 301 (one good, one bad):

1. If I connect my PC to the D-sub connector it allows me to enable AMD Virtual Super Resolution [VSR] (woohoo!) in the Radeon Settings application whereas if I connect via HDMI, Virtual Super Resolution goes back to being 'not supported'. Any idea why this might be? Is there a workaround? I'd much rather stay in the digital realm.

2. Unfortunately if I connect my PC to the D-Sub input on the 301 it appears to throw the colour temp (or something) off. I can partially correct for it by adjusting the colour temp settings on my PC but something is still not quite right (everything has some kind of weird tint to it). Driving me nuts! Anyone else experienced this?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 am 



Joined: 19 Mar 2017
Posts: 139
Tested VSR with the Crestron HD scaler via HDMI and it works. No idea why the Extron301 isn’t VSR compatible.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:14 am 



Joined: 19 Mar 2017
Posts: 139
strayan wrote:
Tested VSR with the Crestron HD scaler via HDMI and it works. No idea why the Extron301 isn’t VSR compatible.


VSR appears to have stopped working with my Crestron. No idea why. Extremely frustrating.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:07 am 



Joined: 19 May 2019
Posts: 2
What's better for low res PS1 games (240p/288p)? Framemeiser or the Extron DSC 301 HD + OSSC combo when the OSSC is set to 240p/288p Line4x mode?

What do you think about the image for 480i games when the OSSC is set to line3x (laced) mode and chained with the Extron DSC 301 HD. I think the image is quite good and it's only a little bit unstable here and there if you have a close look.

When I chain my OSSC and Extron DSC 301 HD I sometimes have black screens. I then have to change the output mode of the OSSC back and forth and then the image is fine again. Is there someting I can do to prevent this? Maybe changing some sync settings or something like that?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:46 am 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 11836
Location: Germany
Quote:
What's better for low res PS1 games (240p/288p)? Framemeiser or the Extron DSC 301 HD + OSSC combo when the OSSC is set to 240p/288p Line4x mode?

Extron/OSSC will be slightly better due to its 4:4:4 processing path, but it depends on what you want to do. If you want to fill your screen (= upscale the 960p output of the OSSC to 1080p), then the difference will be negligible.

Quote:
What do you think about the image for 480i games when the OSSC is set to line3x (laced) mode and chained with the Extron DSC 301 HD. I think the image is quite good and it's only a little bit unstable here and there if you have a close look.

I don't like bob-deinterlacing very much. I think there's a place for it depending on the type of game, but for the majority of 480i games I certainly prefer "proper" deinterlacing.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:40 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 2043
dc_coder_84 wrote:
When I chain my OSSC and Extron DSC 301 HD I sometimes have black screens.


That's normal.

If you don't want black screens, try to disable frame lock.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Extron DSC 301 HD (RGB>HDMI+scaling)-Best settings for 4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:40 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 262
Seraphic wrote:
Thanks for posting newest version of PCS. Do you have an Extron account? :wink:

I updated mine from 1.25 to 1.26 using an older version of PCS (4.3.x). But process was easy enough.
Install PCS, connect USB to 301HD and computer, power on 301HD, link PCS software with 301HD, select update firmware from one of the menu tabs at top and then select the 1.26 .s19 firmware and click update.

The DSC301HD-FirmwareUpgradeV1x26.exe you posted earlier will put the 1.26 .s19 firmware file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Extron\Firmware\DSC 301 HD\v1_26_0001 on your computer.


Just wanted to say thanks for the instructions. Got mine updated and working stellar!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group