shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:30 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Posts: 528
Location: Seattle
the1truepickaxe wrote:
They should make a two-for-one game with both DaiOuJou and SaiDaiOuJou

Blissful death collection


^^^


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:43 am 


User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Tokyo-J wrote:
They need to put Dangun Feveron and Esprade on the same disc.


Yes please.

Quote:
Quote:
It's really cool that Joker Jun is doing fresh art for this release


How do we know this is Joker Jun art? Assuming you read it somewhere?
_________________
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 309
Location: NJ USA
Yeah I first read about it on twitter from Elixir @shmups

On the official M2 ShotTriggers page for Esprade (google translated text) -
Quote:
Electric Family Nicogame Mar "From M - to - gamers, as soon as a New Year! What? Mr. Atsuya Inoue draws down "Espreded limited edition" package illustration released! ! We also announced the limited edition production decision at the beginning of recruitment of requests for items that we would like to attach to the limited edition.
In conjunction with it, we also released a beautiful limited edition illustration by Professor Inoue Junya for the first time, we have comments from the teacher, so please have a look.
We also started recruiting about "privileges we want you to put on the limited edition" together, please see the article,

Joker Jun also worked on Cave's recent mobile game, Sangoku Justice: viewtopic.php?t=61018

I personally think his artwork has a style that's distinct and easy to recognize.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2013
Posts: 724
So, M2 visited Atlus the other day. Probably to discuss stuff about licensing since Atlus published many Cave games in the past. Also, that new Joker Jun art is gorgeous!
_________________
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:
The future of shmups is the past.


*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:18 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 590
Location: USA
There is going to be a location test of the Arcade mode at HEY! Arcade in Japan from 5/10-5/23 supposed to be live-streamed. Hardware / Platform not announced yet.

https://m2stg.com/esprade/

Image
_________________
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 pm 



Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 67
Does anyone know if they've canned the western shot trigger releases for PS4 and Xbox One? Their last release Dangun Feveron was over a year ago now and they've not even hinted at Mahou Daisakusen making it over.

What a huge shame if so.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2019
Posts: 27
Location: Sweden
Astro City II wrote:
Does anyone know if they've canned the western shot trigger releases for PS4 and Xbox One? Their last release Dangun Feveron was over a year ago now and they've not even hinted at Mahou Daisakusen making it over.

What a huge shame if so.


Constantly wondering the same. I sent an e-mail through the support form on their site, which Twitter encourage us to do. Not a bad idea to do the same? With Garegga coming to physical PS4 via Limited Run Games, at least it shows they're aware there's a demand.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:42 am 



Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 590
Location: USA
oso wrote:
Astro City II wrote:
Does anyone know if they've canned the western shot trigger releases for PS4 and Xbox One? Their last release Dangun Feveron was over a year ago now and they've not even hinted at Mahou Daisakusen making it over.

What a huge shame if so.


Constantly wondering the same. I sent an e-mail through the support form on their site, which Twitter encourage us to do. Not a bad idea to do the same? With Garegga coming to physical PS4 via Limited Run Games, at least it shows they're aware there's a demand.


Yeah, I really want Sorcer Striker. Would be a shame if they never brought it over here. English version Rom exists so they this should not be an issue.
_________________
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:00 am 



Joined: 29 Jan 2013
Posts: 628
I have no idea what's happening with M2STG Mahou Daisakusen but my presumption is that they can't justify the expense of localisation--I don't think the other overseas releases sold well, especially on Xbox, and they added a ton of additional text to Mahou that'd make it far more expensive to localise.

They've also been super busy over the last while, the Mega Drive Mini and Sega Ages in particular required a lot of attention.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:51 am 



Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 694
Tokyo-J wrote:
There is going to be a location test of the Arcade mode at HEY! Arcade in Japan from 5/10-5/23 supposed to be live-streamed. Hardware / Platform not announced yet.

https://m2stg.com/esprade/

Image


Come on EXA! :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 2236
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
GSK wrote:
I have no idea what's happening with M2STG Mahou Daisakusen but my presumption is that they can't justify the expense of localisation--I don't think the other overseas releases sold well, especially on Xbox, and they added a ton of additional text to Mahou that'd make it far more expensive to localise.

They've also been super busy over the last while, the Mega Drive Mini and Sega Ages in particular required a lot of attention.


It’s really going to be a big disappointment if these Western releases fizzle.
_________________
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:02 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 590
Location: USA
brentsg wrote:
GSK wrote:
I have no idea what's happening with M2STG Mahou Daisakusen but my presumption is that they can't justify the expense of localisation--I don't think the other overseas releases sold well, especially on Xbox, and they added a ton of additional text to Mahou that'd make it far more expensive to localise.

They've also been super busy over the last while, the Mega Drive Mini and Sega Ages in particular required a lot of attention.


It’s really going to be a big disappointment if these Western releases fizzle.


The first batch of standard and LE of Battle Garegga sold out already on LRG. Dangun was hinted at if Battle Garegga sold well. Looks like that may be happening now.
_________________
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am 


User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 575
Location: Chicago, IL
GSK wrote:
I don't think the other overseas releases sold well, especially on Xbox

This has no basis on any actual information. I see plenty of people clamoring for these releases on Xbox in comment sections and posts online, and quite a few people playing them as well. Is this forum still stuck in a childish "my console is better" mentality? Or should I even bother asking...

Tokyo-J wrote:
brentsg wrote:
It’s really going to be a big disappointment if these Western releases fizzle.


The first batch of standard and LE of Battle Garegga sold out already on LRG. Dangun was hinted at if Battle Garegga sold well. Looks like that may be happening now.


oso wrote:
Constantly wondering the same. I sent an e-mail through the support form on their site, which Twitter encourage us to do. Not a bad idea to do the same? With Garegga coming to physical PS4 via Limited Run Games, at least it shows they're aware there's a demand.


Everything sells out on LRG...that's the fucking point of it. And it does NOT show that there's general demand for something in the West if it sells out on a niche site that purposely only prints less than a few hundred copies of a game. It means even less than you might think ESPECIALLY because it's by LRG, since there are dedicated scalpers who buy multiple copies of every LRG game just so they can resell it for double the price after it ships, which is about as skewed data as you can get when it comes to actually gauging interest in something.
_________________
Achievements/trophies: http://www.exophase.com/user/IDOLxISxDEAD
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/idolingneo
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
SERIOUS BUSINESS


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:00 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2012
Posts: 590
Location: USA
MachineAres 1CC wrote:
GSK wrote:
I don't think the other overseas releases sold well, especially on Xbox

This has no basis on any actual information. I see plenty of people clamoring for these releases on Xbox in comment sections and posts online, and quite a few people playing them as well. Is this forum still stuck in a childish "my console is better" mentality? Or should I even bother asking...

Tokyo-J wrote:
brentsg wrote:
It’s really going to be a big disappointment if these Western releases fizzle.


The first batch of standard and LE of Battle Garegga sold out already on LRG. Dangun was hinted at if Battle Garegga sold well. Looks like that may be happening now.


oso wrote:
Constantly wondering the same. I sent an e-mail through the support form on their site, which Twitter encourage us to do. Not a bad idea to do the same? With Garegga coming to physical PS4 via Limited Run Games, at least it shows they're aware there's a demand.


Everything sells out on LRG...that's the fucking point of it. And it does NOT show that there's general demand for something in the West if it sells out on a niche site that purposely only prints less than a few hundred copies of a game. It means even less than you might think ESPECIALLY because it's by LRG, since there are dedicated scalpers who buy multiple copies of every LRG game just so they can resell it for double the price after it ships, which is about as skewed data as you can get when it comes to actually gauging interest in something.



I was only quoting what M2 posted on their twitter if it does well they would consider Dangun Feveron next. Also, they published 3,000 standard and 1,500 LE not a few hundred. They do not publish the same amount of games always. Some have a pre-order period and some have a closed production number. Yes, scalpers flip many games from that site but you can guess that maybe 1/2 the purchases were legitimate buyers who wanted the game. Considering the low sales numbers in Japan recently for shmups and this is a decent amount of sales for a company that would of otherwise just left the game on the digital storefront.
_________________
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm 



Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 34
MachineAres 1CC wrote:
GSK wrote:
Everything sells out on LRG...that's the fucking point of it. And it does NOT show that there's general demand for something in the West if it sells out on a niche site that purposely only prints less than a few hundred copies of a game. It means even less than you might think ESPECIALLY because it's by LRG, since there are dedicated scalpers who buy multiple copies of every LRG game just so they can resell it for double the price after it ships, which is about as skewed data as you can get when it comes to actually gauging interest in something.


Actually there are not a "few hundred copies" of the game, I believe the run is about 4,500, so you're way off. Also, selling out on LRG DOES show there is demand, that is EXACTLY what selling out means. EVEN IF it was scalpers buying them to flip, selling the same game a month later on eBay for twice the price means, guess what, there IS demand for the game.

I doubt the company selling the game gives a fuck if a scalper or a player buys it, if it sells 4,500 copies (or whatever number they deem it to be a success), they will be happy it sells.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 520
Location: Queens NY
Sales are strongly front-loaded in niche genres like this. You will get a ton of sales off of the bat, and then, suddenly, a trickle, if any more at all.

That's why, when they make these limited runs, they have to guess (or make an educated guess), and underproduce. That's their situation.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:35 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2017
Posts: 37
MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Everything sells out on LRG...that's the fucking point of it. And it does NOT show that there's general demand for something in the West if it sells out on a niche site that purposely only prints less than a few hundred copies of a game. It means even less than you might think ESPECIALLY because it's by LRG, since there are dedicated scalpers who buy multiple copies of every LRG game just so they can resell it for double the price after it ships, which is about as skewed data as you can get when it comes to actually gauging interest in something.

Copies from the second batch of Battle Garegga (standard) were available through the weekend and up to midday yesterday. The misinformed notion that only scalpers are buying these and you'll only have a shot if you get it in the first 5 minutes is a wonderful storybook illustration for the following proverb:

Image

If you want the game, get it. If you don't, don't.

I'm grateful that places like LRG are still serving a niche market.

Most shmuppers are playing for free on MAME anyway. Stop crying.


Last edited by mrmccormo on Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 1135
Location: AZ, US
It's easier and more affordable to buy the import versions of these games than it has ever been, so please, if you're really torn up about whether western releases are going to get announced, consider buying one of the versions that already exist. It's really not a difficult process, and there are translations of all the menu options in these very forums.
_________________
Image
twitch | twitter | youtube | scores


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 pm 



Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 67
CloudyMusic wrote:
It's easier and more affordable to buy the import versions of these games than it has ever been, so please, if you're really torn up about whether western releases are going to get announced, consider buying one of the versions that already exist. It's really not a difficult process, and there are translations of all the menu options in these very forums.


I'm guessing post was made with the assumption that only PS4 owners buy shmups? There's genuinely lots of us on Xbox who would pick up every release in this line but the digital releases Japan or otherwise stopped with Dangun. I'd love the opportunity to buy Sorcer Striker, Ketsui and ESP.ra.de and any future releases but M2 have gone silent.

I think they made a mistake not realising the bigger digital markets for shmups includes the UK, France and Brazil, They've cut off a big part of the market.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 am 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 1135
Location: AZ, US
No, you're right, the Xbox platform is a valid point. I guess I'm just in the PS4 mindset because that's the platform for the LRG Garegga release, and that's the current hot topic (and before that, Ketsui's physical release).

That being said, it still seems to me that there are a lot of people holding out for English PS4 ports of some of these games that are already available on PS4 elsewhere, and that's all I was really directing my message at.
_________________
Image
twitch | twitter | youtube | scores


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:29 am 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Posts: 722
Location: Fairfax, VA
For arcade games that are multi-platform I generally pick them up on Xbox. Most of my arcade-oriented titles are there, my stick is Xbox compatible, and I like having everything in one spot. I picked up both Dangun and Garegga and would get any other releases they publish in North America (I don't even care if they are translated). I do hope ESP Rade makes the cut on this platform.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/gameplayandtalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 5340
Location: New Zealand
mrmccormo wrote:
The misinformed notion that only scalpers are buying these and you'll only have a shot if you get it in the first 5 minutes is a wonderful storybook illustration for the following proverb:


This was the case for the limited edition though. I would know - I covered it, it didn't even last 5 minutes and then they immediately announced a redrop at 6pm EST. This scene has to compete against retro collectors, sealed game collectors, scalpers, physical-only enthusiasts, and people that buy anything that LRG puts out.

Limiting the release to 1,500 copies and having no buy limit was a bad idea. LRG knows this, but they know it sells, and this is why people dislike them for it. It could be prevented, they just choose not to.
_________________
Image
http://twitter.com/shmups


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 709
Location: Berkeley, CA
Elixir wrote:
This was the case for the limited edition though. I would know - I covered it, it didn't even last 5 minutes and then they immediately announced a redrop at 6pm EST. This scene has to compete against retro collectors, sealed game collectors, scalpers, physical-only enthusiasts, and people that buy anything that LRG puts out.

Limiting the release to 1,500 copies and having no buy limit was a bad idea. LRG knows this, but they know it sells, and this is why people dislike them for it. It could be prevented, they just choose not to.


You make it sound like Garegga's second drop was unusual or opportunistic but this is what LRG do for all of their releases so that people in other time zones have a chance to place an order.

But I agree that going with a no buy limit was pretty tasteless.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Posts: 528
Location: Seattle
:: looks at watch ::


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2420
Location: Tokyo
Image


Last edited by NTSC-J on Mon May 20, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 am 



Joined: 13 Mar 2018
Posts: 25
NTSC-J wrote:
Image


???

In more relevant news, it was announced today that this will be released on PS4 and Switch:

http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?top ... 2#msg32232


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2420
Location: Tokyo
avri62 wrote:
???

In more relevant news, it was announced today that this will be released on PS4 and Switch:

http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?top ... 2#msg32232

Hence the picture I posted of the game running on the Switch.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:12 am 



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 1373
Location: Vienna, VA
NTSC-J wrote:
avri62 wrote:
???

In more relevant news, it was announced today that this will be released on PS4 and Switch:

http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?top ... 2#msg32232

Hence the picture I posted of the game running on the Switch.


You didn't, you posted a huge "NO HOTLINKING" image.
_________________
Suck


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:33 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 2420
Location: Tokyo
Well, it displayed for me, darnit!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 ShotTriggers: ESP rade
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Posts: 377
NTSC-J wrote:
Well, it displayed for me, darnit!


EDIT: wait I can see it. How did you get the game? Is it in the online store?
_________________
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: XtraSmiley and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group