Ninja Gaiden [NES] + R2RKMF: Scrolling Action Monogatari

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
BIL

Re: Ninja Gaiden [NES] + Scrolling Action Monogatari

Post by BIL »

soprano1 wrote:
BIL wrote:Really pipe-dreaming, I'd love to see them do a few original Taito sequels, like Elevator Action Returns Again. :mrgreen:
That's on SE's hands since they bought Taito, right? Hmmm, not enough edgelord bishounen in belts and zippers. :lol:
Karte is a prettyboy, and Edie would fulfill the waifu quotient... dastardly RED SUIT would make a fine shounen rival, too! But I dread to think what could befall poor Jad. :shock: :lol:

Incidentally, the TNWAA illustration reminds me of this - same artist, I wonder? Rugged as fuck.

(tbh I like my slightly cuter SFC boxart Kunoichi :oops: reflects her murderous yet unmistakably pouty walk cycle Image)
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Alright, here's a better Majuu Ou no miss where I keep the fairy.

Speaking of the fairy, I like that hard mode only gives you one for the entire game. There's more pressure that way, and it works better in the context of the game's story too. One thing that's worth noting is that you only lose the fairy if you die to hp loss, if you fall off a cliff or something you'll respawn with her. That can be exploited if you want to keep her around for the end game boss rush.
soprano1 wrote:I wonder what the odds are of seeing a HD remake of Kiki KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto, AKA Pocky & Rocky?
That's what I'm hoping for! That or something new altogether. For me the ideal outcome would be a Kiki KaiKai sequel.

Regardless of what they do, it's very cool that these guys are making action games again.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

soprano1 wrote:
BIL wrote:Really pipe-dreaming, I'd love to see them do a few original Taito sequels, like Elevator Action Returns Again. :mrgreen:
That's on SE's hands since they bought Taito, right? Hmmm, not enough edgelord bishounen in belts and zippers. :lol:
Speaking of bishounen, I would love an Endless Duel remake by Arc System Works.
TNWAA is already licensed by Taito, so they definitely play ball.
I'm not sure Natsume had anything to do with Taito's arcade releases, so it would be an oddball choice. :)
That better be the cover art for the physical release! :)~
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

Vanguard wrote:For me the ideal outcome would be a Kiki KaiKai sequel.
There is one, KiKi KaiKai Advance/Pocky & Rocky with Becky for the GBA.
Spoiler
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Whoa. I heard great things about Wild Guns, so an Again Reloaded sounds fantastic. Maybe they should ask about the Power Rangers license at some point... Pretty sure these guys could also do an original thing if they wanted, they clearly still have the talent for it.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
GSK

Post by GSK »

Durandal wrote: (What's the kanji in parentheses say? 'Again'?)
In this context, it indicates that they haven't decided on a final title.
BIL wrote:Incidentally, the TNWAA illustration reminds me of this - same artist, I wonder? Rugged as fuck.
Indeed it is--that illustration and those drawn for Wild Guns Reloaded and this new project are by Shunichi Taniguchi, artist on the original games and one third of Tengo Project alongside programmer Toshiyasu Miyabe and composer Hiroyuki Iwatsuki.

These three guys worked on most of the classic Natsume games but this specific configuration was responsible for Wild Guns, TNWA, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting and Gundam Wing Endless Duel, as well as the XBLA game Omega Five.

They may have budgeted up for TNWAA, given that Taito's involved, but Wild Guns Reloaded was pretty much handled as a weekend project by those three guys--the Tengo Project name references their games being made "ten-go (0.5)", ie with half the budget and half the time of a standard project. The original Wild Guns was made that way and they wanted to see if they could still pull it off now that they're all over 50, and I'd say they're killing it so far.
BIL

Post by BIL »

GSK wrote:Indeed it is--that illustration and those drawn for Wild Guns Reloaded and this new project are by Shunichi Taniguchi, artist on the original games and one third of Tengo Project alongside programmer Toshiyasu Miyabe and composer Hiroyuki Iwatsuki.
God damn, I had no idea I was looking at the work of Taniguchi-san himself! Image Ta GSK. He's the name I've associated most with Natsume's FC/SFC golden era. Clearly only improving with age.

That pic's monstrously beefed-up Shatterhand 1) gives me hope for further IP returns and 2) makes me envision him not as the NES's trim heavyweight pugilist (or the FC's tokusatsu equivalent), but an outright choking, clubbing, spine-shattering superheavy ala TNWA's Ninja.
Spoiler
^ could see that being the new "last boss sendoff" in a theoretical Shatterbrain sequel. Image Image
They may have budgeted up for TNWAA, given that Taito's involved, but Wild Guns Reloaded was pretty much handled as a weekend project by those three guys--the Tengo Project name references their games being made "ten-go (0.5)", ie with half the budget and half the time of a standard project. The original Wild Guns was made that way and they wanted to see if they could still pull it off now that they're all over 50, and I'd say they're killing it so far.
Ahh. Reminds me of M2's "AGES 2500" PS2 discs, which they joked should've probably retailed for a bit more. :mrgreen: I'm stoked beyond belief these guys' passions are still burning bright.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Majuu Ou human-only no miss

Went pretty well overall. Kept the fairy and avenged myself against the dragon who trashed me in the last video. Human form is fun. The pistol is really nice against popcorn enemies and its bullets' hitboxes are bigger than you'd expect. I think the final boss is actually easier as a human since your tiny hitbox lets you roll underneath her dash attacks.

Also, it's not really on topic for the thread and I don't know how much of the appeal comes across in a video, but I also recorded a Rad Racer 1CC.

Superb game. Just controlling it feels good, on par with Contra while wielding S+R. A shoo-in for the NES's top 10.
soprano1 wrote:There is one, KiKi KaiKai Advance/Pocky & Rocky with Becky for the GBA.
Spoiler
That one was outsourced to a bunch of nobodies and is clearly not as good. I want a real sequel with the old Natsume crew at the helm!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Haha, that scanlation is classic. :lol: Was just thinking of it the other day.

Rad Racer is cool here, I'll give it the Cabal exception. :wink: TBH, it's just about time for R2RKMF (that's run to the right killing motherfuckers) Part III: DR BIRUFORD IN PRISON, but I've been dreadfully lazy this summer. Nicely done on the 1CC, that was quick!
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

https://twitter.com/MekaSkull/status/10 ... 2874872834

Cyber Shadow is looking better and better these days. Also pretty sure from his comments that the dev is BIL, or some unholy Entity birthed from the collective passion of this thread, haha
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

BIL wrote:Haha, that scanlation is classic. :lol: Was just thinking of it the other day.
Thought you'd like that! I made a version with the full line, but it looks too cluttered to me.
Spoiler
blackoak wrote:https://twitter.com/MekaSkull/status/10 ... 2874872834

Cyber Shadow is looking better and better these days. Also pretty sure from his comments that the dev is BIL, or some unholy Entity birthed from the collective passion of this thread, haha
That does look really good. But what dreadful, unfortunate wording! "This game takes skill until you level up!"
BIL

Post by BIL »

blackoak wrote:Also pretty sure from his comments that the dev is BIL
Definitely not me, it's to my lasting shame that I've never progressed beyond the bleachers. :mrgreen:
or some unholy Entity birthed from the collective passion of this thread, haha
That would be nice. :cool:
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

...and so, I 1-LC'ed Hook, the Irem belt scroller. I would say that the game system is the best part of it, since it has five characters with quite different move sets and fighting approaches, and the general pace is fast. I like the Irem-style graphics, and the OST is ok, although the Irem musicians were not the best on the market.

I am half tempted to resurrect the belt scroller thread and turn it into my own pseudo-blog on this genre. I don't know why, but of late I am slowly getting back to a decent gaming shape and I am getting a few 1-LC's in this dastardly genre. Now, if only Captain Commando and Warriors of Fate would behave a bit...
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

BIL wrote:That would be nice. :cool:
what a wretched beast that would be :twisted:
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Still at Super CV IV.

Started a game last night - got to the castle, died three times cause I was in a rush. Saved (thank you SNES mini) and will get back to that credit later today.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Same as above - have advanced to the Scrooge Mcduckian vault.

Also some Hagane - which is great and I dig it - but serious question based on the logic of the game world:

You play as a (presuming based on tools) Ninja, who also happens to be a fucking robot.

Why bats do the same amount of damage as everything else?

Sword slice, shot with a gun, ax, bombs, enemy magic, and giant worm all do the same damage as the bat. I don't get it.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Small pests always get weird comp buffs. >;3

Check out what Super Shinobi's goddamn ninja dog can do. It knows ninja magic FFS. :O
Spoiler
The story of DOG HANDCUFFS

It's RUFF when your only attack is contact damage. 3;<
kitten

Post by kitten »

Vanguard wrote:Majuu Ou human-only no miss
Image good job!! i gave this one a shot and then gave up really quickly after a single attempt left my thumb sore for a couple of days. i finished, but i think i died once or twice. i gotta know, didja use autofire? doesn't look like it. my thumb's base is tensing up just thinking about how fast you gotta mash for reasonable DPS T_T

i can't think of another instance of a gun working like this in a non-dojin game, honestly. no visible projectile and seems to check if you hit almost like doom would. the rapid-fire is pretty interesting, too, you can really go nuts.

our good ending nomiss plays have nearly identical run-times and are both fairy keepers - i linger a tiny bit little longer before starting and cutting the end theme, though. glad to see someone else playing this after i gave it some time and posted a bunch about it months back, i feel like it's a pretty solid game and deserves a spot as something other than collector's bait.

- - - - - - - - - -

i have hardly been playing anything the last few months. been either extremely depressed or getting into MAGIC THE GATHERING (egad, i have sunk so low) with my partner. it's something i can actually play with her, so a lot of video games have taken kind of a side-seat for the time being until i build some motivation back up. i'm not "out" by a long shot and still adore classic gaming above all other hobbies, i'm just in a bad funk and hardly able to do anything that doesn't involve someone else, lately.
i'll likely come back to posting again whenever i'm over this, which could conceivably take a while. Image

if you'll spare me one more moment to mention mtg - a weird number of topics hit on by mark rosewater in his gdc presentation here are ones i find appealing in classic gaming and helped make a lot of sense on why i was able to get into it so much. a couple of the lessons are "restrictions breed creativity" and "be more afraid of boring your players than challenging them," which i feel modern video gaming has completely forgotten and things i've preached to my friends ad nauseum about advantages of classic gaming over modern stuff. not trying to convert anyone here over, but i feel you might find the presentation interesting. i feel it's ironic that mtg essentially set the groundwork for gacha gaming and lootboxes but is now one of few existing games that retains many classic sensibilities i'd thought were almost lost to the hobby.

speaking of modern stuff, tho~

finally cleared up the "very hard" difficulty of bleed on arcade mode! god, i had left this hanging for *weeks* since starting it. right after clearing hard on arcade i hit a sinus infection that lasted more than two weeks and couldn't focus on anything. would do a couple of half-hearted runs every third day and then not play anything else. if you're not familiar with this one (i believe our good squire posted about it quite some time ago - i ran across an old steam forum post by him when searching about the game), it's a twinstick action-platformer with a bullet time twist that was originally released on xbox live indie games some time after i had stopped paying much attention to the service. believe it or not, i had a phase where i played nearly every new thing on xblig.

it relatively recently got both a sequel and then a physical release (thanks to playasia) bundling the two games together on ps4, which is where i picked it up and finally gave it a shot. completely inundated with dreadful metroidvanias and roguelites and whatever other portmanteaus you can think of, this took me right out of sullen inebriation as a great pick-me-up. though it's by no means perfect, this is a pretty solidly sensible and arcade-esque title hiding underneath its ugly-but-charming newgrounds aesthetic.

although the phrase "bullet time" might initially seem like a warning that this is anything but arcade-worthy - and i'm sure you're likely dead tired of twinstick shooters by now - this is at its core a challenging action-platformer that is very much worth giving a shot to. forget the story mode and its shop, that's essentially just a practice mode for the real meat of the game: arcade mode. one life, no continues, play through the entire game in one sitting. it's even paced very much as a classic should be with 7 stages and a roughly 20 to 30 minute runtime for a play.

story mode is well worth playing through, first, as i feel some bosses (and even normal enemies) have tells that can be really hard to get a handle on, and the game's hyper-precise controls can demand some serious getting used to. once you're over the humps, though, bleed is a pretty pleasant and surprisingly difficult jaunt.

my only really big complaint is that i feel like the game sometimes pushes its difficulty in poor directions that don't accentuate its strengths. arcade mode gives you not just one life but one continuous lifebar, and this can make it so that early and innocuous hits from smallfries compound into a threat that can prevent you from finishing an otherwise really good run. each difficulty stacks damage onto how much each individual hit does on top of complicating and speeding up both hazards and bosses, with very hard culminating in a highly stressful run that lacks the comfort of cooling down in sections that are frankly pretty easy.

normal is a tad too easy while hard is a pretty big leap, and i feel like a lot of pressure would have been eased if the game would just restore a small amount of health between stages, ala something like SoR2. when a zako hits you for something like a 6th or 7th of your health in a game with that many stages, even mastering the game's great boss fights won't necessarily secure a victory when you have a concentration lapse during what is surely intended to be the downtime of a run.

i kept with the game's starting pistol throughout the entire game and only gave a toss about my secondary when i grabbed the final unlock, which ties its strength and usability to your DMC-esque style meter. the better you're doing and the more continuously you're doing well, the higher a rank you'll receive. though the starting pistols are still probably the best and most versatile weapon, when you're hitting S-rank and close enough to an enemy you can do some obscene damage dumping by slowing time and pumping them with the final weapon.

sorry for no video! my capture card is only SD and hooked up to one of my CRT's. i did use the ps4's record feature to nab a single boss fight, though.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Austin

Post by Austin »

Per the request of some stream-goers I have been trying to tackle the NES Ninja Gaiden games with just the sword only.

Ninja Gaiden wasn't much of an issue as outside of using the spin-slash at specific parts, I'd mostly use the sword anyway. That said, there are a few parts that require some alternate strats, particularly on the final stage. It's fun actually having to rethink certain parts of the game as well as actually having to fight some of the bosses. Overall it's an interesting way to mix things up, particularly for people that are more or less used to speedrunning the game.

Ninja Gaiden 2 was tougher since with the shadow dudes you really wreck an entire screen's worth of enemies when using your sub-weapons. However, playing without the shadows and without power-ups makes things considerably more tricky. Game is still really generous with lives though so a 1CC was easy. Jaquio's first form with a powerless Ryu was kind of a pain.

Ninja Gaiden 3 sword only (no big sword) - Fuck the final level.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

blackoak wrote:https://twitter.com/MekaSkull/status/10 ... 2874872834

Also this: https://twitter.com/MekaSkull/status/10 ... 0088715266

This game was actually one of the things that got me into NES development a couple of years ago. Some people somewhere were sharing early graphics from it, and people were getting into deconstructing why this game was not even close to being doable on an NES.
And I thought to myself "hey, I should make a game like this on the NES".
kitten

Post by kitten »

cyber shadow strikes me as another total waste, tbh. all of the enemies look completely toothless and annoying, either halting you in your tracks to deal with them (their only threat being literally walking into them) or tailing you with precise tracking until you stop to deal with them (which i've seen in other gifs of the work in progress). i mean, seriously, what enemy in the linked gif is a risk to anything other than player momentum? when there's no real threat in a game like this, encounters feel completely tiring and enemies start to feel as if they're just nuisances. metroidvanias almost strictly prohibit the pacing that helps shape a good action game.

i've seen quite a bit of the game, and not a single preview has made me excited for it. i've also seen game after game like it - all these metroidvanias end up like the same dang thing. look at the size of that lifebar!! hoo-wee.

aside from a few strange palette choices, the pixel art is really attractive, at least. not sure how i feel about the parallax (few areas seem to have it), but it's pretty subdued and looks alright.
~Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Image | Image
~*~*~*~*~*~* If there's a place that I could be ~ Then I'd be another memory *~*~*~*~*~*~
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

To be honest I'm expecting this game to easily go the same way as all the others, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt until I actually try it. I don't think what you're saying really applies - at best it will probably be more of a Mega Man than a Ninja Gaiden. If you look at someone who knows how to play those games, the enemies will look like a total non-threat, too.
Stuff like this section looks pretty hectic and fun.
The graphics are incredibly good IMO, and that's the primary reason I have an interest in it.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking into it, I think this wasn't actually the game I was thinking of earlier (the one that inspired me to try making an actual 8 bit game), but another similar one that I discovered at the same time. I think the dev of that one linked to this game or vice versa. God dammit I wish I could remember what it was, because that one also looked promising...
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Here's the game I was thinking of - Steel Assault:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1S77gMGzfs
It was mentioned much earlier in this thread by one of the devs I think.

I have my issues with it, but overall it looks fun. It had a complete graphical overhaul though, and the old version looked much more NES-inspired, in particular from Shatterhand (but also like a much shittier game despite the less confusing graphics):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILE-eNMxpaE
Despite this, it made me want to make something similar.
kitten

Post by kitten »

i'll probably pick up the inevitable physical release on the switch or ps4 as i do with most of these dang things, but aside from agreeing with you on the pleasant visuals, i feel pretty confident none of these things deserve benefit of the doubt, at this point. i don't think i can name a single modern, retro-themed metrovania i've enjoyed beyond faint novelty, yet i've played quite a number of them. i honestly feel like i'm torturing myself, at this point, but i can't quash that hope in the back of my mind that "THIS one is gonna be pretty good, maybe!"

your most recently linked gif does look hectic, but it also feels like he had to engineer it by running past a bunch of enemies to wedge himself between more than the will ever throw in front of you, otherwise. i really do hate to be a constant voice of pessimism about things but the disappointment at the time/money investment at this point has bittered me intensely. secrets, upgrades, side quests, frequent checkpoints - all words that have been used to describe this by the designer and all deeply poisonous to solid, well-paced action. just before bleed, i'd played bunny must die, momodora 4, and the dragon's trap remake (as well as kero blaster, which still loosely applies) back-to-back-to-back and felt like death.

- - - - -

edit:

i think i remember steel assault's visuals going from nes-esque to that more 16-bit look and going "noooo!," but hadn't kept up with it since. that video actually looks... kinda promising? like, for real??
Image ah, it feels so nice to have a shred of enthusiasm.
Image | Image
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

kitten wrote:i don't think i can name a single modern, retro-themed metrovania i've enjoyed beyond faint novelty, yet i've played quite a number of them.
Is this game a metroidvania??
I think going into the metroidvania territory puts some entirely different restrictions and requirements to the design of a game. That said, here are some modern retro-themed metroidvania games that I enjoyed immensely:

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (not too open ended, but has a decent length that invites mastering aspects of it, such as beating bosses without taking damage for new items, etc.)
Castle in the Darkness (looks very gimmicky, but it really surprised me how solid it was. More of a precision platformer than a combat focused action game)
Treasure Adventure Game (more of an adventure than an action game, and quite ugly, but damn is it well constructed)

edit: Ah yeah, you already mentioned Momodora 4. I have no idea how you could not enjoy that. :)
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Oh hey kitten! nice seeing you here
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
kitten

Post by kitten »

Sumez wrote:edit: Ah yeah, you already mentioned Momodora 4. I have no idea how you could not enjoy that. :)
enemy & stage design was nothing but tedious nuisances and the numerous dark souls mechanics not only didn't mesh well with the game but were beyond tiring to see in yet another indie pixel romp. that dodge roll completely defines all combat encounters and makes them really quickly uninteresting & locked down to a single, repetitive evasive maneuver that counters a lot of (not all but enough of) the importance of zoning, spacing, and jumping by making it the solution to nearly everything (doubly so when your ranged attack is more useful than your melee). you can have so much identity in your game in how just your jumping is going to work but a dodge roll is always a couple of i-frames while you scoot in one direction.

i blew through it on the hardest difficulty and did the no-hit boss challenges pretty effortlessly and without any real excitement or investment. the game is filled with opportunities to make it harder on yourself but almost nothing to make it good or engaging. this feels like a running theme in the post dark souls world, what with its enormous community filled with people trying to one-up each other on how many restrictions they went through the game with. it really begs the question where the game was actually designed... what's fun and what's intended both get lost in the spiral of what's harder and more worth bragging about. all the difficulties, equipment variables, consumables, and no-hit rewards make it so the guy is designing like 10 games in one and i am totally clueless as to which is the meat, if any.

it was mostly pretty, though. kinda bored by most backgrounds but the animated characters were charming. even though its world is condensed for one of these types of games i feel very much that it overstays its welcome and should have just been linear. i fundamentally do not understand when i'm supposed to be having fun with the game - the boss fights, i guess? why is the game full of exploration and nuisance enemies if it clearly wants you to play the harder difficulties and the bosses more daringly? if the stretch between a boss fight and a checkpoint is so short and the rest of the game is breezy, are most enemies not just litter? these games feel really confused and like they want to homage just about everything. there's significantly more individuality between rockman installments as far as play is concerned than there are these droves of hodgepodge and directionless indie games.

saw this yesterday when looking up what a friend was playing (dead cells, i think?) and felt my eyes roll out of my skull. everything wants to be everything, these days. the ADRENALIN PUMPING RIDE of PERMADEATH (*Editor's Note: there are dozens of cross-playthrough unlocks to make each play progressively easier and gatekeep considerable portions of it). can you imagine super mario bros advertising itself this way? this game will press your fucking balls to the grill of hot gaming iron with the ever-looming and truly diabolical game over feature sure to make you feel the sting of every one of your many deaths.

i do want to aside that i am actually quite interested in steel assault, now, though!! it looks like an honest-to-god Real Video Game. i have almost nothing to nitpick about it aside from harmless aesthetic decisions, and even by my standards it would be tedious nitpicking.
howdy baton!! i'm mad and/or depressed about today's state of action gaming, again! Image

sadly, between my last visit and this one, i haven't detoxed this vitriol out of my system. i did kinda want to talk about this in my once-every-few-months big post and sumez bringing it up was a good opportunity, though. despite honestly being merely solidly good and nowhere near amazing, bleed felt like ambrosia after this barrage of indie stuff i'd been playing. if i'd have been posting the last month or so it would just be a barrage of contempt for how things are, these days.
Image | Image
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I felt the same about Dead Cells from what I saw, but everyone seems to love it, including reports from fellow shmup farmers. Even if it might not be what I'm looking for in an action game, if it does some things well, I'll try to recognise and appreciate that. I'll buy the physical release when it drops in price. Signature Edition tend to do that.
Bought Slain from them at full price, and now that's a game that fills all the checkmarks for the stereotypical indie 2D Souls wannabe. What a boring game.
kitten

Post by kitten »

slain seemed completely dreadful, yes. i'm really prone to getting these things out of a buried optimistic hope for each of them (or self-flagellating tendency) but that one just seemed like a very hard no. i am still curious about dead cells, despite everything, and have been considering nabbing a physical copy. on the fence with whether my worm-riddled brain will allow me to purchase the regular edition when there's a special one, though.
Image | Image
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Are you completely against Hollow Knight, too? I don't recall talking to a single person who played that game that didn't love it.
Personally I'm holding out for the physical release of that one.