DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ACSeraph

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by ACSeraph »

ArmoredCore wrote:So we boys rollin with cab 011 on ps4? Just bought ^^
I'm in. Downloaded the game this morning, but I won't be able to play until tonight.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

ArmoredCore wrote:Counterburst, Once the laser is turquoise or yellow does the strngth of the colors add bonus score on the kill?
Yes, using the counter burst laser gives you a 6 times multiplier I believe (compared to the standard burst laser, which gives a 4 times multiplier).
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

cave hermit wrote:
ArmoredCore wrote:Counterburst, Once the laser is turquoise or yellow does the strngth of the colors add bonus score on the kill?
Yes, using the counter burst laser gives you a 6 times multiplier I believe (compared to the standard burst laser, which gives a 4 times multiplier).
Thanks, what if the burst dies down to blue color than finishes off the boss?
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

ArmoredCore wrote:
cave hermit wrote:
Thanks, what if the burst dies down to blue color than finishes off the boss?
If your burst goes back to blue, you only get the 4 times multiplier; you need to kill the boss with the overcharged yellow burst for the 6 times boss bonus.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

PepsimanVsJoe wrote:Top ten list of things that kill me in DB:CS:

1. GTV
2. Great Thing
3. Curving Lasers, particularly the tiny ones that are unleashed in a swarm.
4. Lasers that leave the screen but then come back. Out of sight, but never out of mind apparently.
5. Failed counterburst attempts
6. Massive laser with little warning (Thousand Edge is pretty bad about this)
7. Popcorn enemies out of nowhere.
8. Origin Hawk taking forever to kill bosses.
9. 2nd Hawk isn't much better
10. Huge bullet spreads
I understand EX and CS modes are markedly tougher. Try clearing AC first, that should give you a good opportunity to practice and learn the ropes.

I'm really looking forward to the new stuff, that's going to be great.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

PepsimanVsJoe

Post by PepsimanVsJoe »

cave hermit wrote:If your burst goes back to blue, you only get the 4 times multiplier; you need to kill the boss with the overcharged yellow burst for the 6 times boss bonus.
Hmm..That's a bit of a pain.

I wish the bosses had health meters.

Nearly 1CCed a route with GTV. It was an endurance match and he wore me down first.
Last edited by PepsimanVsJoe on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

The full 5.5hr live stream of my first day with DBCS (PS4 ver.).
http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/7057791
Some new PBs set in AC Mode (including a surprise 1CC of CGL Hard), a little bit of comedy in Chronicle Mode, and working through the entertaining and fanservice-filled CS Mode. Will chop smaller bits out of it soon, including a 100% destruction of Mirage Castle using an underpowered Second in CS Mode, but for now it's 4.40am and I'm wiped out.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Here's the highlight from the live preview if you wanted to check out some footage from the PC version: http://www.twitch.tv/degigames/c/7058034
1up

Post by 1up »

Is it out on Steam today or tomorrow? The Steam page says 4th while the twitter announcement a few days ago said 3rd?
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

1up wrote:Is it out on Steam today or tomorrow? The Steam page says 4th while the twitter announcement a few days ago said 3rd?
For me, the Steam page says Dec. 3, with the game unlocking in about 17 hours (somewhere around 8-9 P.M.).
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

1up wrote:Is it out on Steam today or tomorrow? The Steam page says 4th while the twitter announcement a few days ago said 3rd?
3rd in US timezones, 4th in EU, Asia, Australia, NZ, etc. When in doubt go with whatever the Steam page says for you.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
genetik

Post by genetik »

Anyone tried out both the PS4 and PC version? Any reason to pick one over the other? Kinda leaning toward PC, mostly because of convenience.
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe
1up

Post by 1up »

Only thing I can think of is that the PC has dual monitor support.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

yeah pc version is cheaper and has the option for dual monitor support. I'd say the pc version was the obvious choice.
IDruggedShamu

Post by IDruggedShamu »

Someone else asked this and was never answered, but does anyone know if cabinet progress of PS4/Vita links with the PC ver?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

IDruggedShamu wrote:Someone else asked this and was never answered, but does anyone know if cabinet progress of PS4/Vita links with the PC ver?
The person on the Degica stream (Blackbird?) said he believed that PS4/Vita were shared, but PC was separate.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Immryr wrote:yeah pc version is cheaper and has the option for dual monitor support. I'd say the pc version was the obvious choice.
I have 2 24 inch monitors and I can't wait to try this out. Going to be awesome!
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

CS is similar to Chronicle, but the path is a little more linear and achievable for one person.

The addition of the EX courses doubles the number of Arcade Mode paths, if that's your thing.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

kane wrote:Going through my final inner conflicts before a day-0 buy. A question for the vita guys and beta testers: Does the CS mode areas feel like complete games with good flow between the zones?

I am not particularly interested in playing thousands of stand alone missions with varying goals, so the chronicle mode is not of much appeal to me, especially with online features and all. I guess I am looking for an AC like experience with traditional gameplay: stage+boss. But I always felt that the AC mode here (3 stages, 12 zones...) was a bit too short and simple compared to something like Gaiden's structure... Thanks & cheers.
Some of them have very good flow and many are ~30min long. Some are not so interesting. If you use the shortest route you only need to play a fraction of the total 200 missions to reach the ending (not going to reveal specifics here). The missions on the main route tend to be well designed. CS also has three special mission types and some brand new stages and bosses.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

PLEASE tell me the PC version supports 21:9 displays..
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
R2-2D

Post by R2-2D »

Yes it does.
system11

Post by system11 »

I'd still like to know the EU/UK PS4 price please.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Out of curiosity, if playing double screen on CS mode, does it stretch out more to a more AC-sized screen, or is it still zoomed in compared to AC?

Cannot WAIT to play this, though I won't be able to get crazy with it til tomorrow, and Xenoblade comes out on Wii U tomorrow too :(
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I had an idea just now but looks like someone beat me to it:

CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Jelloman581 wrote:Out of curiosity, if playing double screen on CS mode, does it stretch out more to a more AC-sized screen, or is it still zoomed in compared to AC?

Cannot WAIT to play this, though I won't be able to get crazy with it til tomorrow, and Xenoblade comes out on Wii U tomorrow too :(
Dual monitors only work for AC mode; CS mode was designed for a single monitor.

I hear you on Xenoblade...between that, this, and Just Cause 3, this is a pretty crazy week for game releases.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

That's a bit of a bummer, since most of the time will be spent in CS mode, but to play an arcade perfect AC at home with 2 screens is sweet too. All good, a little over 2 hours left GET HYPE!!!!
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Jelloman581 wrote:That's a bit of a bummer, since most of the time will be spent in CS mode, but to play an arcade perfect AC at home with 2 screens is sweet too. All good, a little over 2 hours left GET HYPE!!!!
Shouldn't we spend most of the time in Chronicle Mode? 3000 stages won't be quick. Even with all of us on the same cabinet. :mrgreen:
X - P - B
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Found some images of the Vita version.

Image Image Image

I regret preordering the Vita limited edition. I'll probably just straight up sell it once it arrives.

images taken from here
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

what made you think a 32:9 game would look good on a tiny screen?
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

system11 wrote:I'd still like to know the EU/UK PS4 price please.
Sony controls the prices in EU, so I can't be 100% on this, but based on Steam, it should be: PC: 49.99 USD, £29.99 or 45,99€, PS4: 59.99, ~£36, ~54€, Vita: 39.99, ~£24, ~36€. Hope that helps.

@Elixir: Keep in mind that there's also an entire other mode that displays in full screen (rather than letterboxed 32:9). It'll probably be a bit better if the letterboxing was bothering you.