Mushihimesama on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tim James

Re: Mushihimesama on Steam

Post by Tim James »

Opus131 wrote:
Tim James wrote:Someone went a little nuts with the achievements.

I got 20 of them in half an hour of play.
Achievements appear to be mostly useless, except for a couple. Kinda like in Crimzon Clover. Not sure why they do this. What's the point? Of course, i've never seen a game that did achievements differently so i guess Cave is just following the current trend.
Yeah but these go to a different level. I think I got 3 achievements at once multiple times on the first stage. Completely harmless, just kind of funny.
Glick

Post by Glick »

Getting a solid 59 FPS, plays really smoothly.

Can't rebind "Start" on my Madcatz TE stick though :( Have to hit Enter on the keyboard to pause/restart runs.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Win 7 Pro 32-bit, Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6ghz, 2GB RAM, GTX 260, Samsung SyncMaster 2033

Played several hours so far (in 16:9 fullscreen in tate with my monitor physically on its side), looks and runs fine. Not PERFECT, there's a very miniscule micro-stutter that I can only discern from the scrolling high scores on the title screen (not noticable in gameplay), Steam FPS counter said 59. I saw a minor graphical glitch during the stage complete transition from playfield to artwork, I'll try to get a screenshot of it.

Two issues that may or may not be related to my video card/driver (I haven't updated since July): 1) starting the app in fullscreen causes screen-tearing. Switching to windowed then back again fixes it. 2) Messing around with the aspect ratio in-game can cause some weird resolution shit to happen. 4:3 in fullscreen actually gives me slightly more screen area; 16:9 has a black border.

No crashes or problems saving settings here.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Hey everyone, we've been following the feedback from launch and I can see game performance has been uneven for some players. Crashing errors, 56-59 FPS cap, and V1.5 sound errors are high priority fixes right now.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

am i the only one who feels like there's some input lag? or is that caused by the 58-59 fps? IIRC CCWI had the same issue with losing a frame or two instead of a steady 60 and it also made the movement feel shitty
Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton »

I get a visual c++ runtime error every time I press start or enter to actually play the game. Messed up.

Probably more of an issue with my setup. Surface book i7 w/dgpu. It's new, so wrinkles have to be ironed out, but I haven't had this problem with any other game I've tried.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

I swear there's like a 50% chance of crashing at title screen. Also setting the stage 1 theme (not tried anything else) to "sound pack" (whatever that is) causes the game to load forever.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
vector7

Post by vector7 »

Oh, looks like my display can't resize 720p properly. It looks letterboxed (pretty big black bars on all 4 sides). I hope they'll add resolution select and proper keyboard rebinding. Right now numpad 4862 is the movement for player 2, i can't even map p1 shot buttons to it. Edit: changed the option in graphics driver to do scaling on gpu instead of a monitor and now the game is in proper fullscreen.
Last edited by vector7 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
neorocker

Post by neorocker »

Really weird port. Framerate is all over the place, as low as 40 at times (win8.1, quad core 4ghz machine, 8gb ram, 2gb radeon r9 200), screen goes black but game keeps running when i change the aspect ratio. And what's up with the audio quality on 1.5? Is that the highest quality the music has ever been available in?

Also had this happen at total random a few times. The wallpaper just won't load in, and anything there will just "hall of mirror" all over it.

Think I'll be getting a refund on this until things are fixed up because it's not exactly in a playable state on my machine.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I'm #4 on the leaderboard in 1.5 original! Gonna enjoy it while it lasts, I'm sure I'll be knocked out of the top 10 by tomorrow. 8)
GSK

Post by GSK »

Udderdude wrote:Cross-posting this from the other thread in the hopes I can find some help here.

The game runs well on my main PC (of course) but I'm having an issue where no matter how many times I'm prompted to create save data, it never actually creates it. I just get prompted over and over, and I know I'm hitting "Yes" because it says it's creating it, but never actually creates it .. I'm running Windows 7 with all the UAC crap off, so I doubt it's any permissions issue ..

As expected, when I quit the game and launch it again, it's forgotten all the config changes I made while the game was running. This is going to be a pain to play if every time I launch it, I have to reconfigure my buttons and screen settings. Hope a fix is found soon. I have a feeling it's something really silly, like it's assuming Steam is installed on C:\ (I have it installed on D:\)
Steam forums say you need to have Steam Cloud enabled in order to save local data/configs, which is just... what.
system11

Post by system11 »

Vista (unsupported), Q9300 core 2 extreme 2.53ghz, Nvidia Quadro card:

Run 1) Seemed OK, switching to fullscreen and back mid game caused the game to drop frames horribly. Even on the menus.

Run 2) Worked fine, unable to replicate the above bug, writing it off as a 'my vista PC' thing.

Notes:
I do get some random 1/4 second pauses here and there.
The 1.5 slowdown is very wrong.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
rtw

Post by rtw »

Feels wonderful to play this on a PC :D

I have some of the same issues as reported by others: MSI Laptop, NVIDA GTX 660M, i7 2.4GHz, 8GB, Win7, 64 Bit, XBOX360 Controller

. FPS counter is enabled in Steam
. Getting a steady 59
. On some areas I get 60 briefly
. I also experience the 'slowdown' then FPS drops to 54
. Had to enter settings 2 times, first time it was not saved
. Even though I have told NVIDIA I want this app to start with high performance GPU I still have to manually select GPU in order for the game to use it.

The game though is beautiful!
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
StarMolf

Post by StarMolf »

Really excited to get this during payday, just hope it doesn't give me a lot of issues with having a steady FPS though.

Will def. support for more Cave on Steam.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

Opus131 wrote:
Tim James wrote:Someone went a little nuts with the achievements.

I got 20 of them in half an hour of play.
Achievements appear to be mostly useless, except for a couple. Kinda like in Crimzon Clover. Not sure why they do this. What's the point? Of course, i've never seen a game that did achievements differently so i guess Cave is just following the current trend.
they are the same exact achivements the 360 port had, lol

anyway, to describe first start experience
felt almost as if i was playing the 360 port, plugged my stick, buttons were at their proper place, no problems whatsoever

now i say almost cause the game would chug along constantly, like everyone else already pointed out
Last edited by Van_Artic on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

For those, like me, who have issues with 1080p resolution.

Try to use GPU scalling http://www.overclock.net/t/1372936/guid ... -input-lag works well, but not sure about input lag, so still wanna proper resolution options.

Also FPS problems for me too. Nothing extreme, but few 53-55 there and there.
Blattdorf

Post by Blattdorf »

The game crashes for me, too.

Phenom II X4 955, 4GB RAM, Windows 7

I don't mind waiting for fixes, but CAVE should focus on nailing down the critical issues first before focusing on porting more games, just to avoid similar situations in the future.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Bananamatic wrote:am i the only one who feels like there's some input lag?
No you're not the only one, if I can feel it that means it must be around two frames at least.
Maybe remove one frame when it's not v-synced, be who likes to play with tearing ?
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I just 1cc'd normal-original blind. Not the hardest game, but I thought it was pretty cool to improv dodge through stage 4 and 5

Aaaaaand the replay desynced :(
Spoiler
Only bit of hope for me is that it seems to desync in a different place each time (first time it desynced midway through stage 3, second time it desynced on stage 2 midboss). Maybe if I mash it enough times, play with settings, or wait for a patch, it'll eventually work.

Oh well, it was fun and exciting enough to justify the purchase alone.

For the rest of you watch out: REPLAYS ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Using GPU scaling now.

I haven't noticed any chugging.. or fps drops or whatever.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

GSK wrote: Steam forums say you need to have Steam Cloud enabled in order to save local data/configs, which is just... what.
That fixed it, thanks. It would be nice if it was fixed so you could save local game data w/o using TEH CLOUUUUUUUD D:
mitchelldegica

Post by mitchelldegica »

We're working on troubleshooting the issues that have come up and we'll have a patch/update available very soon.

Wanted to quickly address this as well:
MathU wrote:I am very disappointed to hear that CAVE decided to join the ranks of Treasure and MOSS and cripple this game with Steam DRM. Here's hoping for a GOG release in the future. :cry:

This is a pretty depressing precedent and makes me seriously question the future of PC shmup releases.
We've contacted GOG a few times about getting our titles on their platform
Below is an email from GOG from a week or two ago in regards to Mushihimesama. We'll be sending them some info on Monday and hopefully they'll choose to take the title. If they don't, we'll work on releasing a DRM free version via the Humble Store.

"Hi Name,

We’ve discussed Mushihime Sama internally and because we’re so close to launch we’re not sure if we’ll be able to make it for launch, especially because this will be launching around the same time as our Fall promo. We’re also not totally convinced that the game can perform so well for as as it appears to be relatively unknown outside of Japan.

Because of this what we’d like to do is to wait and see how the launch on Steam goes and then see if it makes sense for us to add the game at a later stage.

Best of luck with the Steam launch!

All the best,
Name"
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

If it makes you guys feel better, the Mushi 1.5 PCB used to crash, too. Now that's arcade perfect!
To Far Away Times wrote:I'm #4 on the leaderboard in 1.5 original! Gonna enjoy it while it lasts, I'm sure I'll be knocked out of the top 10 by tomorrow. 8)
If you get bored with Original, here are some Maniac and Ultra scores from the arcade for you to beat:

Don't sleep on that stage 3! Gold in those hills.
rtw

Post by rtw »

NTSC-J wrote:If it makes you guys feel better, the Mushi 1.5 PCB used to crash, too. Now that's arcade perfect!
You are aware that Mushi 1.5 had a bugfix ? No version or dot change, you had to send in your PCB.
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

rtw wrote:
NTSC-J wrote:If it makes you guys feel better, the Mushi 1.5 PCB used to crash, too. Now that's arcade perfect!
You are aware that Mushi 1.5 had a bugfix ? No version or dot change, you had to send in your PCB.
Yeah, just saying. As far as I'm aware, the 360 port never had any issues.

Cave games are often pretty bumpy when they first come out, both the boards and the ports. I'm sure it'll all get cleared up and you guys will be Mushing around in no time.

Jaimers, I expect a stage 3 Ultra MAX counterstop by the end of the week.
STG4WD

Post by STG4WD »

mitchelldegica wrote: "Hi Name,

We’ve discussed Mushihime Sama internally and because we’re so close to launch we’re not sure if we’ll be able to make it for launch, especially because this will be launching around the same time as our Fall promo. We’re also not totally convinced that the game can perform so well for as as it appears to be relatively unknown outside of Japan.

Because of this what we’d like to do is to wait and see how the launch on Steam goes and then see if it makes sense for us to add the game at a later stage.

All the best,
Name"

Less DRM.

More F-ing BS.
#STG4WD>>
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

mitchelldegica wrote:We're working on troubleshooting the issues that have come up and we'll have a patch/update available very soon.

Wanted to quickly address this as well:
MathU wrote:I am very disappointed to hear that CAVE decided to join the ranks of Treasure and MOSS and cripple this game with Steam DRM. Here's hoping for a GOG release in the future. :cry:

This is a pretty depressing precedent and makes me seriously question the future of PC shmup releases.
We've contacted GOG a few times about getting our titles on their platform
Below is an email from GOG from a week or two ago in regards to Mushihimesama. We'll be sending them some info on Monday and hopefully they'll choose to take the title. If they don't, we'll work on releasing a DRM free version via the Humble Store.

"Hi Name,

All the best,
Name"
Thanks, mitchelldegica.
Im stuck in the 56fps boat, so stuttering is pretty rough. Good to see the quick response to the issues though.
Interesting to see the GOGs present stance. If your a user of GOG and you want CAVE games, it looks like you have to make your voice heard. STEAM sometimes gets a hard time (sometimes justified, sometimes not) but here we are, CAVE officially on pc at long last, with both Degica and STEAM doing the business.
cul

Post by cul »

Lol at GOG's mail.
>muh evil DRMs
>GOG the glorious knight in fight against DRMs doesn't want your niche "weird jap game"

At least Steam gives the chance to indie companies to release their freaking games.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

To Far Away Times wrote:I'm #4 on the leaderboard in 1.5 original! Gonna enjoy it while it lasts, I'm sure I'll be knocked out of the top 10 by tomorrow. 8)
If you get bored with Original, here are some Maniac and Ultra scores from the arcade for you to beat:

Don't sleep on that stage 3! Gold in those hills.
Didn't they fix that in the port?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

I suspect they did because there aren't any counterstops on the 360 leaderboards, but I don't remember it being announced.