∀kashicverse -Pandemonic Nightmare-

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Shepardus

∀kashicverse -Pandemonic Nightmare-

Post by Shepardus »

The "extra stage"/score attack version of ∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake-. Download the game here.
If you're unfamiliar with ∀kashicverse you may want to check out the trial of the main game here, which has a tutorial and a practice area to get the hang of the mechanics, and the thread about it here.

=======================

Post scores in the following format:

Code: Select all

NAME - SCORE - RATE (OPTIONAL) - DEATHS/CONTINUES
Screenshot of either the clear screen or the name entry screen is recommended. The game doesn't have a replay system so unless you record a video of your live run a screenshot is the best we can get. You can find your scores in score_entry.csv if you forgot to take a screenshot, though I highly recommend you take a screenshot because the game seems to crash occasionally on name entry.

Regarding the use of continues in this game: I'm allowing scores with continues for a couple reasons:

1) In this game continues work more like lives than traditional continues, in that they do not reset your score, but instead halve your multiplier value. Also, unlike Malicious Wake, you're limited to four continues and the fifth death results in game over.
2) The name entry screen doesn't even show up unless you either reach the end or use up all the continues.

I'll also give no-continue scores a separate table, though I expect most of the highest scores won't be using any continues anyway.

=======================

All Scores

1.  Cadrin - 10,805,940,990 - x1623.13 - 0
2.  Shepardus - 7,096,306,375 - x283.38 - 2
No-continue Scores

1.  Cadrin - 10,805,940,990 - x1623.13
2.  Shepardus - 4,320,261,900 - x950.56
Last edited by Shepardus on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Cadrin

Re: ∀kashicverse -Pandemonic Nightmare-

Post by Cadrin »

Cadrin - 6,724,943,252 - x1624.67 - 0
pics:
Spoiler
comment:
Spoiler
I don't get why my score is so low. I channeled my inner Daigo and did as best I could, but it seemed that for some reason the score counter stopped going up at some point. :( I don't know, maybe the popcorn enemies getting thrown around during Massive Disaster (dark eliminator's final attack) don't give any points, but I thought they did.
To be continued. See you false memory syndrome...
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Yeah, there's still a lot I don't quite understand about scoring in this. I like to use Eliminator at the beginning of the boss to get as many points from cycling through the first phase attacks as I can, but the score I get from doing that varies so dramatically...
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

Alright, I did a little better this time.

Cadrin - 10,805,940,990 - 1623,13 - 0
pic:
Spoiler
video:
Spoiler
comment:
Spoiler
Theoretically you can do better. It seems you can get your rate as high as x1400+ at the start of the boss fight, and the first phase of the fight (before the dark eliminator) seems to be the only thing that really matters. Eventually it stops giving you any points if you cycle its forms too much, which is kinda hilarious.
To be continued. See you false memory syndrome...
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Dang, nice score! Awesome that you were able to capture a video of it too.

I've tried using the Eliminator at the start of the boss fight to try to get as many points as possible from it, but like you said it apparently stops giving you points after a while (I think when it loops back to the first attack pattern again) so it's not really worth it. Points mainly come from that and from raising the rate as high as possible during the stage, which I'm still super inconsistent at.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube