Atomiswave Question,s

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dale

Atomiswave Question,s

Post by Dale »

I assume their allot of hardcore people on this site that I hope can answer my Question's

If you get a cab for it can you play all compatible games for it on the cab or do you need a new cab for each game?

Can you play it with on a normal tv?

How many bits is it?

Does the limberg work the same way as the Atomawave?

If you can play it on a normal tv what are your control opitions to play your games?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
OneEyedJack

Post by OneEyedJack »

The Atomis wave internals *IS* a dreamcast. Same RAM, same Hitachi SH4, everything.

It is like a concole is that you just switch out the ROMs to play other Atomiswave games, but only other Atomiswave games.

Hitachi CPU is 64 bits with the Power VR GPU being 128 bits.

Limberg is cheese ;) Lindberg is the newest arcade system. http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=731 those are the specs and some pics.

You would need a super gun to be able to play your arcade games on your TV. Control schemes are joysticks and buttons. www.massystems.com to roll your own. Most purchased superguns come with sticks.
-Jon in Canada
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

If you buy a Super gun or cabinet with Atomiswave, you will have full compatibility with standalone Jamma PCB's as well.

A Jamma PCB uses the same connector as Atomiswave, the only difference is a PCB is just a standalone game, it is the motherboard and game in one.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Moved to Hardware forum.
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
Ord

Post by Ord »

I've got a couple of AW motherboards and some games. You only need one motherboard to play the games as the games come in carts like the MVS, SNES etc
There are consolized Atomiswaves out there and it will work quite simply with superguns and cabs as it uses JAMMA. Not nearly as complicated as the Naomi.
The atomiswave displays at 15hz (for regular tvs) and 31hz for (Hi resolution monitors ans tvs) this can be controled at the flick of a switch.
Also of notes is that most Atomiswave games use 5 buttons so you may have to wire the 5th button on.
I think it's a great wee system and i'm enjoying the Hell out of Hokuto No Ken and Rumble Fish 2. Not too keen on Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum though. I'm just waiting for Metal Slug 6 to come down in price.
I've included some pictures below for you.

Very simple. Interchangeable games. Plug in and play Jamma.
Volume control, 2 dipswitches for 15hz/31hz and game settings. VGA inputs etc.
Some games -
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
SAM

Re: Atomiswave Question,s

Post by SAM »

Dale wrote:Can you play it with on a normal tv?
Well, you only need a old PlayStation (Model 5xxx or eailer) to play Acrade game on a normal TV. :twisted:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=7854
Dale wrote:If you can play it on a normal tv what are your control opitions to play your games?
That totally depends on what options does the game you are playing got, there is no difference in game option than playing the same game connecting to an acrade monitor. :o
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*