shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 1353
Location: philly suburbs
BurlyHeart wrote:
brokenhalo wrote:
MvC2 back at EVO this year. I didn't bother watching any EVO last year, but this will bring me back. Sure, it'll be a bunch of MSP/MSCc/MSC/MSS teams, but Marvels so hype I won't even mind. I imagine that we'll get an MVC4 announcement there as well.

I'm hoping for MvC2 remaster :mrgreen:


I've been saying for years now, I wish Capcom would make MVC2:2 and SF3:4. It would be fairly easy money, compared to making a new game from scratch. MVC2:2, buff low and mid tier up so that more characters are stupid broken/viable, add a few new characters and stages and then build a vault to store all the money that will come rolling in. If they really want to go all in, get the folks that redrew all the sprites for the HD third strike port to come in and really bring it up to date.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 5741
I would say just rerelease MVC2 with ggpo on a modern console or pc.

Mvc2 is magic. Nobody can comprehend it. It's like some eldritch god...one does not simply buff/nerf things. The whole game is insane down to its core, and that's why it's so good. I wouldn't expect a rebalance would work out.

If you want Mvc2: Balanced Edition though, Skullgirls is as close as you can possibly get imo.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 1428
Location: Canada
brokenhalo wrote:
BurlyHeart wrote:
brokenhalo wrote:
MvC2 back at EVO this year. I didn't bother watching any EVO last year, but this will bring me back. Sure, it'll be a bunch of MSP/MSCc/MSC/MSS teams, but Marvels so hype I won't even mind. I imagine that we'll get an MVC4 announcement there as well.

I'm hoping for MvC2 remaster :mrgreen:


I've been saying for years now, I wish Capcom would make MVC2:2 and SF3:4. It would be fairly easy money, compared to making a new game from scratch. MVC2:2, buff low and mid tier up so that more characters are stupid broken/viable, add a few new characters and stages and then build a vault to store all the money that will come rolling in. If they really want to go all in, get the folks that redrew all the sprites for the HD third strike port to come in and really bring it up to date.


They would have to deal with the whole license thing. I mean look at the X-Men characters not being in infinite. That said I'm not a huge fan of Marvel but I love to watch Marvel 2.

Gamers have said before Capcom should just focus on their own characters and forget about Marvel. It can be done and it can be great


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:25 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 12295
Location: SODOM
Been enjoying Kotaka Shoten's masterful Guile (ST), as seen in he and Kurahashi (Ryu)'s FT15 at Daigo's recent Kemonomichi 3 event (which also featured T3-Kamui vs Garegga!). See also his FT10s versus Ito (DeeJay) @ Kemonomichi 2, and Aniken (Ken) at the inaugural event.

EDIT: And immediately after his KM2 set, Tanukana vs YuYu (Xiaoyu mirror) @ Tekken 7 was a nailbiter!

Headphones warnings for each and every one's introduction. Image
_________________
Image
[THE MIRAGE OF MIND] Metal Black ST [THE MASSACRE] Gun.Smoke ST [TRAGEDY FLAME]
"We need some charred bodies flying out of this explosion"


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:23 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2017
Posts: 35
We can only keep dreaming about Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 hitting modern consoles with online play. They should have been released on PC. Licensing issues are one of the reasons digital only is a bad idea. I miss the days of bring my Dreamcast to school and playing MvC2 with my friends.

Although I would like MvC2 to be more balanced, experienced players would simply dislike the balance changes like with Super Turbo HD Remix.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite... that game makes me question why it even exists in the first place besides feeling like an MCU ad. Capcom side of the roster was worse than Marvel's even with the lack of X-Men (which has been a staple in the series since X-Men: Children of the Atom) and Fantastic Four characters, presentation and official support were horrible. Way to alienate fans of the series besides the small niche who can get past those common complaints and appreciate it for its gameplay. I was not sold on MvCI.

I still have yet to play Capcom Fighting Jam (makes more sense than "Evolution" IMO), but from the looks of it some of the Aegis Reflector combos don't work in it and the character sprites look like they were simply taken from source games like Darkstalkers, Red Earth, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III and even Capcom vs. SNK 2.
_________________
Sometimes I create my own games, usually in Game Maker 6.1. Am terrible at video games. Shmups are of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to gaming.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:07 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 5741
Yo Granblue Versus is fucking tight. This is the grounded, oldschool footsies focused weapon based anime fighter I've wanted forever.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:14 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 1428
Location: Canada
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Yo Granblue Versus is fucking tight. This is the grounded, oldschool footsies focused weapon based anime fighter I've wanted forever.


Seriously? I've watched the game and it totally does not look interesting at all.
Wonders if there is a demo or something?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:05 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 5741
What didn't you find interesting?

It's an oldschool footsies game. You're on the ground poking people and trying to open them up. No air dashes and shit, just ST* shit with some fun new ideas. If that's not appealing to you then definitely pass.

*
Spoiler: show
Actually I think a better comparison would be Karnov's Revenge.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bloodreign, Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group