shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
 Post subject: Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:28 am 

BurlyHeart wrote:
brokenhalo wrote:
MvC2 back at EVO this year. I didn't bother watching any EVO last year, but this will bring me back. Sure, it'll be a bunch of MSP/MSCc/MSC/MSS teams, but Marvels so hype I won't even mind. I imagine that we'll get an MVC4 announcement there as well.

I'm hoping for MvC2 remaster :mrgreen:

I've been saying for years now, I wish Capcom would make MVC2:2 and SF3:4. It would be fairly easy money, compared to making a new game from scratch. MVC2:2, buff low and mid tier up so that more characters are stupid broken/viable, add a few new characters and stages and then build a vault to store all the money that will come rolling in. If they really want to go all in, get the folks that redrew all the sprites for the HD third strike port to come in and really bring it up to date.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:37 pm 

I would say just rerelease MVC2 with ggpo on a modern console or pc.

Mvc2 is magic. Nobody can comprehend it. It's like some eldritch god...one does not simply buff/nerf things. The whole game is insane down to its core, and that's why it's so good. I wouldn't expect a rebalance would work out.

If you want Mvc2: Balanced Edition though, Skullgirls is as close as you can possibly get imo.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm 

brokenhalo wrote:
BurlyHeart wrote:
brokenhalo wrote:
MvC2 back at EVO this year. I didn't bother watching any EVO last year, but this will bring me back. Sure, it'll be a bunch of MSP/MSCc/MSC/MSS teams, but Marvels so hype I won't even mind. I imagine that we'll get an MVC4 announcement there as well.

I'm hoping for MvC2 remaster :mrgreen:

I've been saying for years now, I wish Capcom would make MVC2:2 and SF3:4. It would be fairly easy money, compared to making a new game from scratch. MVC2:2, buff low and mid tier up so that more characters are stupid broken/viable, add a few new characters and stages and then build a vault to store all the money that will come rolling in. If they really want to go all in, get the folks that redrew all the sprites for the HD third strike port to come in and really bring it up to date.

They would have to deal with the whole license thing. I mean look at the X-Men characters not being in infinite. That said I'm not a huge fan of Marvel but I love to watch Marvel 2.

Gamers have said before Capcom should just focus on their own characters and forget about Marvel. It can be done and it can be great

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:25 am 

Been enjoying Kotaka Shoten's masterful Guile (ST), as seen in he and Kurahashi (Ryu)'s FT15 at Daigo's recent Kemonomichi 3 event (which also featured T3-Kamui vs Garegga!). See also his FT10s versus Ito (DeeJay) @ Kemonomichi 2, and Aniken (Ken) at the inaugural event.

EDIT: And immediately after his KM2 set, Tanukana vs YuYu (Xiaoyu mirror) @ Tekken 7 was a nailbiter!

Headphones warnings for each and every one's introduction. Image

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Fighting Game Hype Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:23 pm 

We can only keep dreaming about Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 hitting modern consoles with online play. They should have been released on PC. Licensing issues are one of the reasons digital only is a bad idea. I miss the days of bring my Dreamcast to school and playing MvC2 with my friends.

Although I would like MvC2 to be more balanced, experienced players would simply dislike the balance changes like with Super Turbo HD Remix.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite... that game makes me question why it even exists in the first place besides feeling like an MCU ad. Capcom side of the roster was worse than Marvel's even with the lack of X-Men (which has been a staple in the series since X-Men: Children of the Atom) and Fantastic Four characters, presentation and official support were horrible. Way to alienate fans of the series besides the small niche who can get past those common complaints and appreciate it for its gameplay. I was not sold on MvCI.

I still have yet to play Capcom Fighting Jam (makes more sense than "Evolution" IMO), but from the looks of it some of the Aegis Reflector combos don't work in it and the character sprites look like they were simply taken from source games like Darkstalkers, Red Earth, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III and even Capcom vs. SNK 2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:07 am 

Yo Granblue Versus is fucking tight. This is the grounded, oldschool footsies focused weapon based anime fighter I've wanted forever.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:14 pm 

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Yo Granblue Versus is fucking tight. This is the grounded, oldschool footsies focused weapon based anime fighter I've wanted forever.

Seriously? I've watched the game and it totally does not look interesting at all.
Wonders if there is a demo or something?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:05 pm 

What didn't you find interesting?

It's an oldschool footsies game. You're on the ground poking people and trying to open them up. No air dashes and shit, just ST* shit with some fun new ideas. If that's not appealing to you then definitely pass.

Spoiler: show
Actually I think a better comparison would be Karnov's Revenge.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47