shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:05 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Go see The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 am 

I don't enjoy playing it myself, but I can definitely see the appeal of Donkey Kong. It's not just a "museum piece". There's a subtle brilliance to some of the methodic and tactical action especially on the rivet stage. And like I mentioned earlier, seeing the top players push every available point out of the barrel stage is definitely interesting. The constant control of entirely RNG created patterns is just incredibly unique.

The game has its stinkers. The random point amount for smashing blue barrels is just straight up bad, and honestly if you ask me, the elevator stage can go entirely. But there's a reason people are still competing in this game. It has a high skill ceiling, and a lot of interesting variables.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Go see The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:13 am 

What's your opinion of DK3? Plays more like the Game and Watch Greenhouse than the first two and can be quite mean at times. Constantly spraying DK can be tedious at times and power ups don't respawn right away without dying.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8