I DID IT! -Off Topic Edition-

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: I DID IT! -Off Topic Edition-

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I am seriously considering investing in a recording device to upload shmup runs, etc, so I may well record that too (a it'd be a five-six hour vid I estimate since I'd likely play it very carefully). I have no doubt it'll take lots of restarts. The instakill snipers in GH are brutal, and obviously a fair bit of luck is involved as even an unfortunate overheat at a bad time can mean you get murdered badly. In my Normal/Hard runs I find the hardest bits of the game to be the dual Bia fights and the second-last boss fight (if I haven't done enough damage to drop his health low by the last toom).

Found your advanced techniques vid a week or two ago and learned a few things I hadn't known, like the hold dodge and mash melee to move quickly, thanks for that! I also discovered the Disc Launcher, like the LFE, is basically guaranteed to stagger Bia on contact (and is great when facing two as the ricochet will hit the other).
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Finished BC: Rearmed on hard. Game did not need a patch cutting the best part of the Albatross stage out on normal.

Final boss fight is kind of ace though.

Will proably start over on hard again and try to improve my time (1hr 47m). Pretty sure I can improve it by quite a lot, especially considering I had completely forgot how to do the last part of the final stage and spent a good chunk learning it again.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

Graduated from my degree with a fucking FIRST!

Can I change my handle to PAPER/ARTILLERY BA(HONS) now please?
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

EDIT: Sorry for being an attention whore. I don't know why I thought anyone would care about my grades.
Last edited by atheistgod1999 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

atheistgod1999 wrote:English 10CP: 78% C+ for final, C+ for whole year
I hope you realize this alone constitutes enough reason for people here to chase you off the boards whenever they see you shitposting.

I honestly can't understand why you feel so compelled to share every little detail of your personal life here, especially considering that this is a gaming-centric forum with people who have been visibly bothered by your all-but-worthless contributions for the past year. Not to mention that it's some of the most utterly unremarkable teenager dreck I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

It's strange that you've failed to realize this after having been banned from a forum years ago, but here on the Internet no one has any obligation to give a damn about you, and there is absolutely nothing that requires you to chime in whenever you so much as scratch your balls. Yet you not only continue to post more frequently in “Little Annoyed Hell” than anyone else, but also pester people in Hardware and other subforums by treating them like your personal helpdesk. Despite your numerous reflections on past behavior and resolve to improve, you have failed to keep yourself from cluttering up the forum with your garbage and I can't understand why we are expected to put up with it.

Your behavior here might be slightly more understandable if this site was the extent of your online presence, but you have a Reddit account. You have a YouTube channel. You have a Google+ account. You even have a fucking Twitter. So why here? Why us?

What the hell is even with you, anyway? You claim to be socially awkward to the point of having no male friends. You continually harass some random kid who understandably doesn't care much about “retro gaming” (because THERE IS NO INHERENT REASON TO CARE) and then are upset that he doesn't like you. You think the question of whether you “should” finish a NES game is urgent. You somehow wound up doing community service as punishment in freaking high school. You have crap taste in anime. You somehow consider your search for part-time work to be something special enough to merit sharing rather than something every single American teenager does. You post about your school assignments as if you were some sort of celebrity and even whine when they aren't finished. You're enough of a dumbass to put your full name, high school, and birthday online for potential identity thieves to steal. You unironically leave comments on stupid videos. Don't you realize how much better it would be for you to stop posting here? This is serious, man. You have a problem.
atheistgod1999 wrote:I wrote about how the night before, I was on my last life and on the final screen of Double Dragon NES
Who the fuck does this for English class? If this is the kind of bullshit you've been putting on your job applications, it's no wonder you haven't been hired yet. Is this not embarrassing to you at all?
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Do you keep dossiers of many teenagers' social media accounts, just in case you need to break them out in response to such grievous crimes as the posting of an accomplishment in the accomplishments thread?
RegalSin wrote:You can't even drive across the country Naked anymore
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

That most recent post is appropriate on its own. In the context of his overall behavior here, it's considerably less so.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Thank you for posting what we're all thinking, WelshMegalodon.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

WelshMegalodon wrote:
atheistgod1999 wrote:English 10CP: 78% C+ for final, C+ for whole year
I hope you realize this alone constitutes enough reason for people here to chase you off the boards whenever they see you shitposting.

I honestly can't understand why you feel so compelled to share every little detail of your personal life here, especially considering that this is a gaming-centric forum with people who have been visibly bothered by your all-but-worthless contributions for the past year. Not to mention that it's some of the most utterly unremarkable teenager dreck I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

It's strange that you've failed to realize this after having been banned from a forum years ago, but here on the Internet no one has any obligation to give a damn about you, and there is absolutely nothing that requires you to chime in whenever you so much as scratch your balls. Yet you not only continue to post more frequently in “Little Annoyed Hell” than anyone else, but also pester people in Hardware and other subforums by treating them like your personal helpdesk. Despite your numerous reflections on past behavior and resolve to improve, you have failed to keep yourself from cluttering up the forum with your garbage and I can't understand why we are expected to put up with it.

Your behavior here might be slightly more understandable if this site was the extent of your online presence, but you have a Reddit account. You have a YouTube channel. You have a Google+ account. You even have a fucking Twitter. So why here? Why us?

What the hell is even with you, anyway? You claim to be socially awkward to the point of having no male friends. You continually harass some random kid who understandably doesn't care much about “retro gaming” (because THERE IS NO INHERENT REASON TO CARE) and then are upset that he doesn't like you. You think the question of whether you “should” finish a NES game is urgent. You somehow wound up doing community service as punishment in freaking high school. You have crap taste in anime. You somehow consider your search for part-time work to be something special enough to merit sharing rather than something every single American teenager does. You post about your school assignments as if you were some sort of celebrity and even whine when they aren't finished. You're enough of a dumbass to put your full name, high school, and birthday online for potential identity thieves to steal. You unironically leave comments on stupid videos. Don't you realize how much better it would be for you to stop posting here? This is serious, man. You have a problem.
atheistgod1999 wrote:I wrote about how the night before, I was on my last life and on the final screen of Double Dragon NES
Who the fuck does this for English class? If this is the kind of bullshit you've been putting on your job applications, it's no wonder you haven't been hired yet. Is this not embarrassing to you at all?
I'm sorry for being a fucking retard. I'm completely aware of all the dumb shit I did (and do). I'm trying to improve. I was trying to "fit in" before because my parents were pushing me to make friends, but I stopped doing that (and it turns out I actually do like video games, but they weren't that much fun when I was forcing myself to play them just because everyone else was). Same reason why I had a shit taste in anime. I don't watch that shit anymore. Sorry. I don't know what to even fucking say. I'm sorry! Holy fuck. I'm trying to improve. I fucking cringe at my old posts here, and it was hard to read what you wrote because of how true it was.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

You could start by not posting or replying to everything unless it is related to the thread and discussion at hand
Just don't post unless you think it will add something to the discussion
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
WizardYuuka

Post by WizardYuuka »

WelshMegalodon wrote: If this is the kind of bullshit you've been putting on your job applications, it's no wonder you haven't been hired yet.
But I do this all the time :oops:

atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

WizardYuuka wrote:
WelshMegalodon wrote: If this is the kind of bullshit you've been putting on your job applications, it's no wonder you haven't been hired yet.
But I do this all the time :oops:

I didn't put that kind of stuff on my job applications. It was an English assignment on a time when I persevered in something I didn't think I could do, and it was the only thing I could think of that fit the description. It was just a quick thing at the beginning of class, not an essay. The whole assignment was only supposed to be a couple of sentences.
WelshMegalodon wrote:You continually harass some random kid who understandably doesn't care much about “retro gaming” (because THERE IS NO INHERENT REASON TO CARE)
I know this doesn't really matter much, but that kid actually told me out of the blue that he was "really into gaming" without me even mentioning video games, then sent me a picture of all of his (mostly retro) consoles. He then said he had a copy of Earthbound. That's what caused me to care in the first place.

But yeah, I do post about shit nobody cares about way too much in LTTATHOOY.
Last edited by atheistgod1999 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Frankly the assholery directed towards atheistgod1999 is more annoying than most of what he's actually posted in the past few months... For all the stupid and/or naive things he's said in the past, his willingness to recognize his faults and improve on them is a hell of a lot more pleasant than the self-righteous disdain he receives in return.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Mortificator is completely right. Even if Megalodon's post is broadly correct, the ranting loses a lot of credibility by being set off by completely appropriate posting behavior. He's got so much resentment over past internet posts that he can't seem to control what sets him off.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

I got the 1LC on two loops of Matendoji/Conquest of the Crystal Palace this weekend! Great game if you guys haven't played it.
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

Necronopticous wrote:I got the 1LC on two loops of Matendoji/Conquest of the Crystal Palace this weekend! Great game if you guys haven't played it.
Well done i have that game, nice little gem from Quest with great music.

I finally 1cc'd Ninja Spirit, great game, Stage 6 is a random mess but i still love it, hated the final boss though.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Shepardus wrote:Frankly the assholery directed towards atheistgod1999 is more annoying than most of what he's actually posted in the past few months... For all the stupid and/or naive things he's said in the past, his willingness to recognize his faults and improve on them is a hell of a lot more pleasant than the self-righteous disdain he receives in return.
I honestly quite like him. A young kid with an appreciation of classic gaming is the kind of new blood we need both in the farm and in the hobby. Everybody has to start learning somewhere, and although a lot of his contributions are in error because of their naivety, I think we're all big enough to look past that.

That other kid who keeps talking about loving dreadful movies is in a similar camp: too genuinely naive to genuinely offend.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Skykid wrote:
Shepardus wrote:Frankly the assholery directed towards atheistgod1999 is more annoying than most of what he's actually posted in the past few months... For all the stupid and/or naive things he's said in the past, his willingness to recognize his faults and improve on them is a hell of a lot more pleasant than the self-righteous disdain he receives in return.
I honestly quite like him. A young kid with an appreciation of classic gaming is the kind of new blood we need both in the farm and in the hobby. Everybody has to start learning somewhere, and although a lot of his contributions are in error because of their naivety, I think we're all big enough to look past that.

That other kid who keeps talking about loving dreadful movies is in a similar camp: too genuinely naive to genuinely offend.
Main question to me is whether he's a troll or not. Generally I can believe him, but every now and then there's a post that feels too unintentionally funny to be unintentional.

Otherwise yeah, I don't have a problem with him. Seems slower to learn the social mores of a place like this then I was of forums at the same age, but there's no crime in that. If one is so offended, it's not hard to ignore the posts. Much easier than certain entitled nerds under the impression their opinions had some weight (*cough*Pretas*cough*).
Last edited by Squire Grooktook on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
BIL

Post by BIL »

spoiler: I am actually ag1999 :oops: :wink:

(the shitposts are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE) :shock:
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

No, I'm not a troll. I would've proven that on picture week 6 months ago, but I was too obsessed with my own threads to notice it :( . When's the next one?

For now, you can see my reflection in the ViewSonic monitor I found at the church I was doing community service at that I mentioned before in "Fudoh's ode to old display technology" (the housemaster, the one who assigned the punishment, is actually pretty notorious among the students for being a total bitch. Even my dad hates her (literally said an ISS I got from her for jokingly telling a teacher to drink bleach was "bullshit".). I recorded it, and you can even hear my voice at ~1:22:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsWZVIR6Ooo

Also, the reason my account is new is because I deleted my old one because I didn't want people seeing all of my embarrassing activity from 2013 and 2014 (and 2015 somewhat) after WelshMegalodon linked it here.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

Very soon I will officially obtain First class undergraduate masters (MSci) in Mathematics.

This is four years of work brought to a deafening crescendo and ultimately a blissful end. Looking forward to my summer off and starting my PhD in September!
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

Weak Boson wrote:Very soon I will officially obtain First class undergraduate masters (MSci) in Mathematics.

This is four years of work brought to a deafening crescendo and ultimately a blissful end. Looking forward to my summer off and starting my PhD in September!
Congrats man, that's quite an achievement! Good luck with your PhD
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety

Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

Thank you very much :D and congrats on your result too!
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Just beat Mega Man 1 NES. Got the game (and the manual, which I read) yesterday, but didn't start playing until this morning. and the only info I knew beforehand was Cut Man's stage, the cyclops guy, and the pause trick (which I never used). I figured out all of the bosses' weaknesses by making educated guesses. The cyclops guy wasn't too hard; was able to beat him after about 6 attempts.

EDIT: Here's proof.
Last edited by atheistgod1999 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Bad ass kid. Could never finish that one.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Yellow Devil (the cyclops) is nasty, especially without E tanks! MM1 might be the toughest NES game for that reason (Quick Man's stage is overrated in difficulty, doing Heat Man's stage without the appropriate item is trickier).

I just 1cc'd Hokuto no Ken on Mania mode - I know the AI is kinda exploitable in fighting games, but it'a still nasty considering a basic combo on Mania can rip off half your health. >_>
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Wait; the Yellow Devil is hard even for people on this forum!? Because it wasn't that hard for me. I could beat it again.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I wish I was as badass as atheistgod1999
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

BIL

Post by BIL »