Armed Police Batrider

moozooh

Re: Armed Police Batrider

Post by moozooh »

DMC wrote:Moozooh, the run was recorded so I'll upload it as soon as it's converted to avi.
:D!!!
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
DMC

Post by DMC »

Here's an avi (thanks to toby) of my normal hi score. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3ZD31N9
if anyone wants the inp or the avi but the link doesn't work, please pm.

Come play my lord!
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Awesome, checking out now.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Very impressive throughout. You scored almost 700k higher than Shiden did on his Advanced course replay by this point. I believe that Laos actually finished Highway with a C score in his 29 million run. The amount of optimization possible in this game is pretty mind-boggling, isn't it? :o

Anyway, great job! I hope you'll do well in STGT's Raizing week, too.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Wow, as good as that was, you left a lot of points on the table. I think with your skill you could get a C score. ;)

BTW I put a link to the avi in the first post.

DMC

Post by DMC »

Yes, but please let me know if you saw something missing that I might not be aware of.
I think I've learned decent strategies to improve 200-300k out of blunt & sobut, though didn't implement them in this run. blunt's arms, for instance, are worth 160k and should not be that difficult to take out with a garegga character.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Excellent replay DMC! Thanks a lot for sharing.
At the end of the Airport stage you had two bombs left and you could've easily gone for the 4 medals and some scenery. The second bomb could've been used for the cockpit. Easy 100k there.
BTW I've never seen you bombing the cockpit in any of your replays, hope you're aware that you can destroy it with bomb?
Milking Blunt seems to be really difficult but is worth a lot of points.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
clp

Post by clp »

DMC awesome man i was just thinking today having started investing some time into this awesome game that i have never seen top end normal mode runs and now here is yours , excellent!.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Btw, you aren't using 30 Hz autofire, are you? That's a lot of potential chip milking points.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Plasmo, yes you mentioned it before. I'll consider it, but I'm not sure it's worth using 1-2 bombs there instead of later. Thanks for the reminder though.
Moozooh, you don't mean the fire rate in the game (which I sometimes increase to 60)? I haven't use anything else. Please elaborate for an autofire noob. :)
clp, thx.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Oh, so you do then. 30 Hz = autofire delay 1 (i.e., pressing button every second frame).
DMC

Post by DMC »

so having both autofire (delay=1) and fire rate=60 is better than only the latter? I didn't think autofire delay 1 made a difference in this game.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

It's the same thing. If you manually tap a button 30 times per second (which is what autofire 1 does) the effect will be the same as fire rate 30. But now that I think about it, fire rate 60 is impossible with autofire, so it's clearly better. I didn't even know it was possible until I looked into GareMAME's cheat list. For reference, Icarus's Garegga guide only mentions fire rates up to 30 shots/second.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Thanks for clarifying.
clp

Post by clp »

Normal
6,252,550 - clp- ALL - Miyamoto (C) /Strawman (C) / Flying Baron (A)

this game kicks to much ass.
clp

Post by clp »

Normal
7,272,650 - clp- 6 - carpet (A) /Strawman (C) / Flying Baron (A)

Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Nice progress, moving on up. :)

clp

Post by clp »

Thanks man , i know i can definitely break 8 mill if all the 3 stage end bosses show up . Im sure its in strat talk somewhere but can someone tell me what it is that decides how many of those 3 bosses you get ? i rarely get envy .
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

clp wrote:Im sure its in strat talk somewhere but can someone tell me what it is that decides how many of those 3 bosses you get ?
You need to activate a Special Option and a Special Shot powerup during your credit to get the other two bosses besides the 1 you get by default. Doesn't have to be active during the bossfights or anything, just trigger it somewhere.
You're putting out some nice Raizing scores the last few days (Garegga, Ibara, Batirder), good job!
I like chocolate milk

Jockel

Post by Jockel »

just did a 1cc of Normal Course with 4,146,430 points... unfortunately not enough for this score table :?
clp

Post by clp »

unlucky :lol: if your playing with 1 char most likely then make it one of the mahous or gareggas to guarantee some extra bosses you will make it to the board in no time .
cools

Post by cools »

Plasmo wrote:
clp wrote:Im sure its in strat talk somewhere but can someone tell me what it is that decides how many of those 3 bosses you get ?
You need to activate a Special Option and a Special Shot powerup during your credit to get the other two bosses besides the 1 you get by default. Doesn't have to be active during the bossfights or anything, just trigger it somewhere.
Oh crap, is this it? Haha, no wonder I always get them. I hate envy :evil:
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Sorry about that Jockel. :? To be honest, the reason there's a cap at 30 is because I inherited this board from Macaw and he capped it, so I didn't want to go through the effort of adding all the old scores back and sorting all them. Although if you work at it a bit, I'm more than sure you can place on the board. :) Some people enjoy having to work a bit to get on a board, so like most things there's positives and negatives. Hope you keep playing!

Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Normal
7,997,400 - Gwyrgyn - Stage 6 - Baron(A) / Strawman(B) / Gain(C)

Died on Envy, big surprise.
clp

Post by clp »

Normal
7,898,000 - clp- 5 - carpet (C) /Strawman (C) / Flying Baron (C) [Korea B]

Small improvement .
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Started playing Batrider yesterday again.

Advanced:
D,078,420 - Cowboy-NOA - Stage 9 - Strawman (C) / Flying Baron (A) / Miyamoto (C)

Triggered all bosses up to Bashi-R, where I also died. Had A,9 after Black Heart mk2.
This was done under Japan B settings on a korean PCB, so I finally have something legit and comparable. Collecting those extends isn't as bad as I imagined.

Quite surprisingly got first place already, you better hurry up DMC. :wink:
Exams coming up, I'll have a break and then start playing again probably.

About Black Heart mk2 triggering conditions:
I had all my ships intact before the fight and still got it. That means you don't need to have 3 different shiptypes, but only two.
I like chocolate milk

DMC

Post by DMC »

Quite surprisingly got first place already, you better hurry up DMC.
Good playing, Plasmo. I have not given up batrider, since it is still my fav, but it will probably take long time before i'll pick it up again. have fun chasing more letters meanwhile.

but if we'll meet again at a Sven meeting or something, we should definitely have a little battle, don't you think? :)

congrats on your garegga score also.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

DMC wrote:but if we'll meet again at a Sven meeting or something, we should definitely have a little battle, don't you think? :)
It was such a pity that we couldn't have some Batrider fun in the end. Would've loved to play Batrider/Garegga or any Raizing with you and a small battle is a MUST for next time. :D
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Advanced Course - Japan B
F,598,880 - Cowboy-NOA - ALL10 - Strawman (C) / Flying Baron (A) / Miyamoto (C)

This is my first 1cc ever, I've finally cleared Batrider's Advanced Course! :D

Notes on the run:
-Bashinet Mk2 completely refused to get to his second form, I had to deal with his horrible first form attacks for the whole fight and lost quite a lot of points there. I had around 7mill before the Highway stage.
-I lost Miyamoto during the difficult Bashi Mk2 fight and didn't get to fight Tsumuji nor Hayate.
-I lost Strawman right before the rival battles and didn't get Sobut or Envy because of this.
-I lost Flying Baron right before I wanted to start milking Black Heart Mk2. With Miyamoto I got close to no points for a bomb. I lost at least 2mill here. Had an A score after BHMK2.
-Messed up a couple of bombs during Zenovia City, but was able to hold my medalchain through the whole stage.
-I accidently suicided with Miyamoto on Grubby and missed the opportunity to fight Bashi-R.
-However, I had to fight Glow Squid. I bombed my way through him and somehow still had 10k medals going into the last stage now.
-I broke my medalchain after the green tubes for the first time ever on this credit. I didn't try to build up another one, because I was afraid of rank. I'm kinda regretting it now, I lost a lot of medals there.
-Got to the last boss with two lives in stock and used everything I had. The boss died in the very last second. Had no bombs and no lives left, what a rush!
I like chocolate milk

Jockel

Post by Jockel »

I think i speak for all of us when i say...
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I'LL NAME MY FIRST BORN SON PLASMO!!!111