M2's Hisshou Same! Same! Same! Collection

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: M2's Hisshou Same! Same! Same! Collection

Post by BIL »

Angry Hina wrote:OMG, I've beaten yesterday the World version of Hishouzame surprisingly as a one life clear. I was very pleased and thought, that its a perfect result for me to move on. Right now I wanted to upload the run to my channel and what do I have to see? M2 didnt implemented the replay theatre for anything other than the main game.... Its so frustrating :´(((
Fuck, that's rough. :sad: Sorry to hear bud. I've been meaning to sort out some means of backup capture in case the PS4/5's internal one cocks something up (I've seen gaps when the HDD is near-full), but I'd not even considered the port itself doesn't save non-JP runs.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Angry Hina, what system are you on? With PS4 you can set up to have the last 60 mins always recorded just in case you got a good run. Frustrating for sure.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Switch :(
Steven

Post by Steven »

This is part of the reason I switched to PS5, as it actually records at 60FPS, unlike the PS4, and I'm too lazy to go get an external capture thingy. It also significantly increases the performance of a large number of my rather small collection of PS4 games.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

But if I had to go to my television, I possibly wouldnt have played that often to train and get that run.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

After around 4 further hours I finally got my 1lc: https://youtu.be/IaI9rJP64DQ
Nearly cleared stage 4 in 2nd loop but I never trained the 2nd loop difficulty and wont't in the near future. Deactivated the panels for the more comperable arcade experience. Iam also glad, I didnt went to using many bombs in the first 3 stages where I died quite often after my first 1lc which the game hasnt recorded. It would just look not that good ^^After playing so often stage 1 and 2, I forgot some route in stage 5 which I had to train again more precisely.

Lucky I am now done with this one :D
Last edited by Angry Hina on Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Congrats, that must've been especially satisfying! I like to play sans ShotTriggers gadgets, too... they're a great feature, especially in more technical scoring games like Garegga, but particularly in Hishouzame's case, the world waited so long for an accurate home version, I'd rather just get the old "fog of war" POV. :mrgreen: Gotta say I prefer no horizontal pan at all these days, ala Same2P and Thunder Dragon 2.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

As I said, I played in between the US and EU Version of the game and you can see in some difficulty rankings that tha japanese version is often ranked a tiny bit higher. But I couldnt see any difference while playing. Same bullet speed (if I had to guess I would even think the bullets could be a tiny bit faster in the not japanese versions but could also be an illusion), same bullet count same HP, same items, same checkpoints... Does someone know if there really is a difference.
MvComedy

Post by MvComedy »

I'm interested in importing these Toaplan games from M2 on PS4 (I'm in the US). I'm curious about the DLC - I understand that there's a code for one of the games, but are the rest of the titles like Get Star only available through the Japanese PSN store? I don't have a Japanese account so I'm wondering if I'll need one to access the DLC games.
Ice Beam

Post by Ice Beam »

MvComedy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am I'm interested in importing these Toaplan games from M2 on PS4 (I'm in the US). I'm curious about the DLC - I understand that there's a code for one of the games, but are the rest of the titles like Get Star only available through the Japanese PSN store? I don't have a Japanese account so I'm wondering if I'll need one to access the DLC games.
You will need a Japanese PSN account. They're easy to make, though. Just use an email address different from the one attached to your local PSN account.
MvComedy

Post by MvComedy »

Ice Beam wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am
MvComedy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am I'm interested in importing these Toaplan games from M2 on PS4 (I'm in the US). I'm curious about the DLC - I understand that there's a code for one of the games, but are the rest of the titles like Get Star only available through the Japanese PSN store? I don't have a Japanese account so I'm wondering if I'll need one to access the DLC games.
You will need a Japanese PSN account. They're easy to make, though. Just use an email address different from the one attached to your local PSN account.
Thanks.

Another question - do the M2 releases have English language options? Maybe at least for the menus?

For that matter, is it easy to find the DLC on the Japanese PSN store if you can't read Japanese?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

MvComedy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm
Ice Beam wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am
Thanks.

Another question - do the M2 releases have English language options? Maybe at least for the menus?

For that matter, is it easy to find the DLC on the Japanese PSN store if you can't read Japanese?
No to the English menus, it sucks but is workable.

The DLC is a code, so no need to look for it, just put the code in and unlock those extra games.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

If you get the switch version the bonus games are on the game card though :) no additional download
Arino

Post by Arino »

Steven wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:12 am This is part of the reason I switched to PS5, as it actually records at 60FPS, unlike the PS4, and I'm too lazy to go get an external capture thingy. It also significantly increases the performance of a large number of my rather small collection of PS4 games.
I was surprised too recently when I used the record feature for the first time, seeing it was only 30fps
BIL wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:33 pm
Angry Hina wrote:OMG, I've beaten yesterday the World version of Hishouzame surprisingly as a one life clear. I was very pleased and thought, that its a perfect result for me to move on. Right now I wanted to upload the run to my channel and what do I have to see? M2 didnt implemented the replay theatre for anything other than the main game.... Its so frustrating :´(((
Fuck, that's rough. :sad: Sorry to hear bud. I've been meaning to sort out some means of backup capture in case the PS4/5's internal one cocks something up (I've seen gaps when the HDD is near-full), but I'd not even considered the port itself doesn't save non-JP runs.
:lol: M2 were like "fuck those gaijin versions of the game, who would want to record those anyway" :lol: :lol: :lol:
MvComedy

Post by MvComedy »

XtraSmiley wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm
The DLC is a code, so no need to look for it, just put the code in and unlock those extra games.
Is that true for all of the DLC games, or only Brainwashing Game Teki Paki?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

MvComedy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 am
XtraSmiley wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm
Is that true for all of the DLC games, or only Brainwashing Game Teki Paki?
I guess on Switch it's on the cart, but if I recall correctly I think on the PS4 I had two sets of code sheets. I'll have to look when I get home as it's been awhile, but if anyone else wants to chime in please do.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Yes, only the Switch version has all the content on the cart. PS4 editions have the base game on disc and DLC as a voucher.

This came up with the Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition release, for which the PS5 version had a code for the Phantom Liberty expansion while on xbox it was on a disc. It seems Sony's policy is if you put the DLC on disc and there's already a version without the DLC, it has to be registered as an entirely new game. Seeing as M2 offer the digital base edition, this is probably why the Toaplan PS4 versions have the bonus content as DLC - an extra cost M2 likely can't afford to sink.

Teki Paki is a DLC code given away with each physical release, even on Switch.
Bear78

Post by Bear78 »

I could see LRG eventually doing a "complete on disc" PS4 release like they are doing with Tiger Heli.