shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gigawing isn't all its cracked u
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 am 

I have to be honest here.. i've had Gigawing 1 and 2 for a while now, and even went far enough as to record some of my sessions, but i really do hate the game to death. Its kind of a love hate relationship i guess.

Gigawing's scoring system and bullet patters dont make sense to me as a shooter. I can see how Capcom was going for something slightly different in scoring and dodging, but good god man.. nobody can dodge those bullets!! Its not even L33T.. its just dumb....making you rely on your Reflect Laser/Barrier. In which case wtf is the point of ever using your Uber 7331 dodging skills that you've honed in on over the course of hundreds of shooters to avoid the barrage of bullets, just to bust out your Reflect Barrier to avoid everything and catch those points!.WTF is the fun in that?.. If you've played it, you'll quickly realize that most of the bullet patters are impossible to dodge, literally impossible. Capcom must have made it this way on purpose, because it makes good use of the Reflect Laser/Barrier giving a hand in the scoring system.

On the flip side of course you are forced to doge enemy bullets just like any other shooter, but the ones that are possible to dodge dont really make it that challanging. To me when you waste all of your skill dodging largely seperated pink bullets and smashing through all of the rest with your Reflect Laser/Barrier, it just seems like a waste!!!! I feel like a Noob in any other Vert shooter using the Super Bombzor when things get too tough.

When i play a shmup, i want to dodge bullets, i want to feel great when i intricately maneuver through a screen full of bullets and not breaking my concentration or losing a life/Credit. Gigawing's premise to me just seems like a big cop out. Your not really dodging anything, and to the onlooker who has never played watching someone play, might think it was a MANIC CRAZY HOLY HELL bullet fest like Pachi or Feveron, but when in reality its just a huge scoring system and a cop out Bomb!.. dam i hate that!!!!!...

I usually find myself confused and torn playing Gigawing 1 and 2, still not accepting the fact that i cant logically find a way through the bullets, then i realize there just isn't a way, and you have to push through with a Bomb. Whats the point of bullets in the first place. Sure you can say games like Ikaruge use something similar, with the light and dark side, but at least you still have to use skill to dodge.

What do you guys think... Sorry i know allot of you might like this game.. just stating a frustration i have with it.

Thanks

Doan

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gigawing isn't all its cracked u
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 am 

Quote:
If you've played it, you'll quickly realize that most of the bullet patters are impossible to dodge, literally impossible.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38341&p=1372956&hilit=giga+wing#p1372956

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 am 

Welcome to the forum.

As a first post you could have told us why you love shmups, which games you like, what you're playing, etc. Instead you jump straight to a rant. I'm sure you'll fit in nicely here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:44 am 

Yet another copy of an existing thread. No idea what the deal is with these.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:46 am 

Ah thanks Shepardus. Likely someone just having some fun then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 am 

Shepardus wrote:

It goes to show how timeless low-iq posting really is, considering I thought this could have easily been a modern-day cave-baby's criticism of Giga Wang (and Ikaruge).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:56 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
Shepardus wrote:

It goes to show how timeless low-iq posting really is, considering I thought this could have easily been a modern-day cave-baby's criticism of Giga Wang (and Ikaruge).

Yeah, frankly the only thing that tipped me off to this being a clone was the oddly truncated title.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 am 

99% sure this is a bot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:19 am 

You wouldn't repost a car
My Discord is PerishedFraud#0293 in case you need me to tell you how lame Touhou is

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am 

PerishedFraud ឵឵ wrote:
You wouldn't repost a car

You would lock one though!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]