shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is added
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Some people use keyboards to play shmups

This is a bad idea

My argument is as follows

keyboards introduce a significant amount of input lag

Mechanical gaming keyboards are no better in fact often they are worse

All keyboards currently in use on modern machines including the one that came standard with your pc or laptop add an unacceptable amount of input lag, usually around two frames (or more) of lag (which is enough to seriously mess with your shmup experience)

Your best keyboard option (that is easy to obtain) is to use an apple magic keyboard (which not many shmup players use) but even this will add around 1 frame of lag which is not good, also the apple magic keyboards do not have mechanical switches so they do not feel good for gaming imo

Wireless keyboards are even worse they just add even more lag

Ancient keyboards with less lag are not a viable option as the modern machines we play shmups on will 99%+ of the time not have the connections for these literal museum pieces

1 frame = 16.66666666666667‬ms

Here is a link to the Danluu study on keyboard input lag http://danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

With the following input lag results

apple magic (usb) 15ms of lag USB FS
hhkb lite 2 20ms of lag USB FS
MS natural 4000 20ms of lag USB
das 3 25ms of lag USB
logitech k120 30ms of lag USB
unicomp model M 30ms of lag USB FS
pok3r vortex 30ms of lag USB FS
filco majestouch 30ms of lag USB
dell OEM 30ms of lag USB
powerspec OEM 30ms of lag USB
kinesis freestyle 2 30ms of lag USB FS
chinfai silicone 35ms of lag USB FS
razer ornata chroma 35ms of lag USB FS Yes
olkb planck rev 4 40ms of lag USB FS
ergodox 40ms of lag USB FS
MS comfort 5000 40ms of lag wireless
easterntimes i500 50ms of lag USB FS Yes
kinesis advantage 50ms of lag USB FS
genius luxemate i200 55ms of lag USB
topre type heaven 55ms of lag USB FS

If we compare these results to the input lag of various arcade sticks

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

We find that even an average arcade stick has less input lag then a keyboard and that a quality arcade stick PCB has significantly less lag then a keyboard

Conclusion, considering people where very able to notice the 4 frames of input lag on the game Battle Garegga, and the fact that I as a child found Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (which had 3-4 frames of input lag) to be not as responsive as other games, adding 2+ extra frames of lag to a shmup is a not something that is desirable, it is something any shmup player would wish to avoid and thus forth a can not recommend using a keyboard to play shmups
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 372
MrShotia wrote:
We find that even an average arcade stick has less input lag then a keyboard

The keyboard measurements include travel time. The benchmarks for arcade sticks do not, so you are probably comparing apples and oranges.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:28 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Keade wrote:
MrShotia wrote:
We find that even an average arcade stick has less input lag then a keyboard

The keyboard measurements include travel time. The benchmarks for arcade sticks do not, so you are probably comparing apples and oranges.



Not true

Usb travel time does not add the majority of the 3 frames of lag on the 55ms results

Usb travel time is almost non existent hence why videos of frame time lag reduced below 1 frame where people hit a button in slow motion to test frame lag the result is instant

If usb travel time is a factor please explain why the apple keyboard has 2 frames less input lag then the torpe?

Fight sticks are used via usb and I've never heard anyone ever complain about usb travel time

I think your reaching very hard here, do you have any evidence to back up your claim?

Here is a video where a pad had 8ms of lag and a mouse has 15ms, both are usb

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7gTP1VBL27A

factor in that the pcb of that pad is not lag free and we conclude even the poor quality usb cable of that pad adds less then 8ms of lag

Even if a very poor cable added 5ms of lag that would make a zero lag fight stick have 5ms of lag compared to the 30ms of most keyboards

Thanks for the input but your reply was outlandish and not true
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Last edited by MrShotia on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm 



Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Posts: 197
Location: The Netherlands
That's not what he's saying. Ill just leave this here.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/terms.p ... 20Distance


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
spmbx wrote:
That's not what he's saying. Ill just leave this here.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/terms.p ... 20Distance


He refers to who???

You left a random link that referencing different types of connections zero data or mention of input lag

It mentions PS/2 connections, these are not the keyboards people are using to game on

I also referred to them when i spoke of older connection types no longer used in gaming by the 9.99%+

What are you trying to prove here by posting random links with zero measurements?

Your point is?

And how does this affect the fact that the keyboards we use today to add a significant amount of lag?
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:12 pm 



Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Posts: 125
MrShotia wrote:
spmbx wrote:
That's not what he's saying. Ill just leave this here.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/terms.p ... 20Distance


He refers to who???

You left a random link that referencing different types of connections zero data or mention of input lag

It mentions PS/2 connections, these are not the keyboards people are using to game on

I also referred to them when i spoke of older connection types no longer used in gaming by the 9.99%+

What are you trying to prove here by posting random links with zero measurements?

Your point is?

And how does this affect the fact that the keyboards we use today to add a significant amount of lag?

They are referring to travel distance, which that page defines as such:
Quote:
Travel Distance
This refers to the actual distance the keys of a keyboard have to be pushed down before the keystroke is recognized. Laptops and notebook computers, in general, have much shorter travel distances on their keyboards compared to standard desktop keyboards. Some gamers prefer keys with a shorter travel distance as they feel that it requires less effort to actuate the keys, however, others prefer a large travel distance as it makes keystrokes more distinct.


In other words, the gap between when you physically start pressing the key and when the input device actually recognizes a key press and starts the process of sending that input to the computer/console.


The data for arcade sticks you have posted does not account for travel distance, while the data for keyboards does, so it's not an equal comparison (especially considering that the travel distance apparently accounts for a large portion of the input latency on many of those keyboards).
_________________
1CC List / Restart Syndrome


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 pm 



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1114
Location: Leeds
They :P are referring to 'travel time' as the phsical delay in pushing down a button and engaging a switch... nothing intrinsically to do with usb.

Both points are valid if you accept the testing methodolgy, in that the suggestion is that keyboard keys take a (relatively) long time to depress and engage: I'm a bit dubious about travel time as a measurable, and that in the author's opinion this was a significant part of this test, but again you kind of have to take the tester at his word... only issue - are we to obsess about how firm/quick your fingers are? :?

And here's the rub. I don't trust an author who seems to want to tell me about his processor. His motherboard, usb controller, and any drivers/firmware would be the more pertinent info... it smacks of someone telling you how big their hard drive is when you ask how much memory their machine has.... Anyway, I would also like to see these tested on a range of motherboards/usb controllers - this would seem to me to perhaps be the biggest intermediatary hurdle in terms of the measureable latency. I'd also be interested in how/why a keyboard may be slower than other devices on certain systems - there is such a thing as a keyboard buffer, but I've no idea if this would actually attribute to a delay as opposed to just a record. However, perhaps it's just the way of things. And it certainly doesn't take away from the author's main point: a lot of manufacturer blurb is worthless.

In terms of operational success however, I think the precision and range of movement on offer on a keyboard is still on balance is a boon over sticks/controllers for many users in terms of empiracal input success. However, in all cases, I think the hitbox players probably have the 'best' approach.

... Personally, I still think joystick waggling is the most fun :shock:


Last edited by gray117 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 354
I agree with Meseki. I think this is a case of two different instances of lag being tested.
_________________
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 1134
Location: AZ, US
It's 2019 and people are still trying to tell others that their chosen input method is "wrong." I'm sure the WR-tier players who use keyboard will be very thankful that you've enlightened them.

(Seriously, just use whatever you prefer and let others do the same.)
_________________
Image
twitch | twitter | youtube | scores


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Mark_MSX wrote:
I agree with Meseki. I think this is a case of two different instances of lag being tested.


Lag is lag the end result is the same - lag

2-3 frames of added lag is not acceptable

You could also crash a car in 10 different ways and die

The end result is the same
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 5340
Location: New Zealand
The fact that you don't immediately know what travel time refers to when talking about keyboards really indicates that you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you just randomly find this article and decide to claim to be an expert on the matter?
_________________
Image
http://twitter.com/shmups


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Meseki wrote:
MrShotia wrote:
spmbx wrote:
That's not what he's saying. Ill just leave this here.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/terms.p ... 20Distance


He refers to who???

You left a random link that referencing different types of connections zero data or mention of input lag

It mentions PS/2 connections, these are not the keyboards people are using to game on

I also referred to them when i spoke of older connection types no longer used in gaming by the 9.99%+

What are you trying to prove here by posting random links with zero measurements?

Your point is?

And how does this affect the fact that the keyboards we use today to add a significant amount of lag?

They are referring to travel distance, which that page defines as such:
Quote:
Travel Distance
This refers to the actual distance the keys of a keyboard have to be pushed down before the keystroke is recognized. Laptops and notebook computers, in general, have much shorter travel distances on their keyboards compared to standard desktop keyboards. Some gamers prefer keys with a shorter travel distance as they feel that it requires less effort to actuate the keys, however, others prefer a large travel distance as it makes keystrokes more distinct.


In other words, the gap between when you physically start pressing the key and when the input device actually recognizes a key press and starts the process of sending that input to the computer/console.


The data for arcade sticks you have posted does not account for travel distance, while the data for keyboards does, so it's not an equal comparison (especially considering that the travel distance apparently accounts for a large portion of the input latency on many of those keyboards).




Arcade sticks do not add an extra 2-3 frames of lag, travel distance of the button presses or not

You can look at slowed down footage of arcade sticks being activated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e46GDuVmAzQ

Reference 04:03 on the above linked video, you can count the charcter frames of animation

An arcade stick with a decent pcb in it will never give you an extra 2-3 frames of lag - a keyboard will

The 2-3 extra frames of lag from keyboards could be added by an elephants arse guys, who cares, it's still extra input lag and a lot of it
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Elixir wrote:
The fact that you don't immediately know what travel time refers to when talking about keyboards really indicates that you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you just randomly find this article and decide to claim to be an expert on the matter?


You google "keyboard travel time" and tell me the results

It is not a used term, your search will return nothing

If you mean the time it take for a switch to activate, even a dodo is aware that adds lag

But again input lag is input lag

Both studies refer to input lag, who cares about how it is created, 2-3 frames of lag sucks

And again quality arcade sticks do not suffer from 2-3 frames of lag you can trawl through slow motion footage and count the sprite frames as they change

Keyboards add more lag, simple
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:53 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 6702
Location: block
@farm: don't argue with the guy, don't disagree, just don't. I had a discussion with him in PM and ... ...OMG, wow.
_________________
mycophobia wrote:
have tyou ever played dodponpatchi


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
You guys are crazy

A stab wound is a stab would regardless of if a knife or scissors caused it

Input lag is input lag regardless of what causes it

This forum is messed up
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Ok so...

Keyboards add more input lag then arcade Sticks

A few retards complained that it's "different causes of input lag" - but so what - the end result is input lag

A CRT and an LCD have different factors for there differences in lag - guess what tards - people still compare them and usually prefer the option with less input lag

Who cares if in the above scenario a tard with an LCD monitor model which happened to have huge amounts of said but it "different causes of input lag" - who cares... It adds more lag

You guys a certain kind of special over here, you really are
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Last edited by MrShotia on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 3402
Location: Ringing the bells of fortune
Can you give any technical reason why keyboards would have more input lag than arcade sticks, when they're both devices where you press buttons to send inputs through a port on your computer?

Also, if the time it takes to physically press a key down is really a problem, why don't you just get a very flat keyboard (like most laptop keyboards, or, as already mentioned, the Apple Magic keyboard) and then you'll never need to press a key further than you would an arcade button.
_________________
Image
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube


Last edited by Shepardus on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:26 pm 



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1114
Location: Leeds
MrShotia wrote:
Ok so...

Keyboards add more input lag then arcade Sticks

A few retards complained that it's "different causes of input lag" - but so what - the end result is input lag

A CRT and an LCD have different factors for there differences in lag - guess what tards - people still compare them and usually prefer the one with less input lag

You guys a certain kind of special over here, you really are


Not if the guy doing the testing has a wierd motherboard or has wierd fingers.
It seems odd (not neceassily untrue though) that keyboards should suffer special lag.
But I also don't think anyone's done a lag test to specifically include travel on sticks/buttons - iirc most tests involve some kind of wired indicator (typically LED) on the stick side and measure from when the button is engaged, not when finger starts pressing... which is going to be an odd variable to account for.
You also have the potential issue that the precision/ergonomics of the keyboard outweigh any downsides for some users.

When you want to make a point about what is *likely* / *appears* / *probably* is the case you can employ certain phrases/caveats that helps avoids rubbing people up the wrong way.
For example; 'could controllers have less input lag on windows pcs than keyboards?' ...This is the kind of specificity people prefer, especially if you want to be picky about who 'he' could be :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:41 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
gray117 wrote:
But I also don't think anyone's done a lag test to specifically include travel on sticks/buttons


Ah an intellectual response, thanks, I was lousing hope here.

You can slow down or view slowed down game of people playing on stick and count the character sprite increments and sprite art changes frame by frame, it is never as high as 3 frames on a modern arcade stick with a high quality pcb

Again, check this guy playing on even as poor quality stick as a neo geo stick, check the slow at 04:03, count for yourself but he is not getting 3 frames of lag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e46GDuVmAzQ

I guess you could argue people smash buttons harder and faster on a sticks cab or box - but again lag is lag and more is more so regardless of the cause 2-3 added frames is bad

I smash the button on my shmup stick way faster and harder then I'd ever actuate buttons on my Pok3r mechanical keyboard (because it'd break and i'd hit other keys)

The fact you can by nature hit buttons harder is not unfair or can not be compared because it is #DifferentTypesOfTardInputLag - the stick is simply more responsive and gives less frames of lag during play

I'm sure some tard could throw a brick at his keyboard and be like hey "the key actuated at maximum speed that time #DifferentTypesOfTardInputLag but that is not how you use a keyboard

I could film my Pok3r 3 vs my Fight stick frame for frame, i know the stick is more responsive for a fact

But hey some tard will only claim "but dude it's #DifferentTypesOfTardInputLag"
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Last edited by MrShotia on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Shepardus wrote:
Can you give any technical reason why keyboards would have more input lag than arcade sticks, when they're both devices where you press buttons to send inputs through a port on your computer?


OMG lol...

Yes lol

http://danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

^ In the section titled "Are gaming keyboards faster than other keyboards?"

Even if actuation time is ignored there are no modern keyboard pcbs that have zero lag (so low it can not be measured) as some top of the range arcade stick pcbs do, keyboards are locked in at 10ms.


http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

^ And again the results showing 0ms for certain Arcade Stick PCB's

I though this was clear before the retard tried to falsely make the time it takes to press keys was the studies only factor (it was not, that person was just attempting to derail the thread #ButIt'sDifferentTypesOfAutism/InputLag)

Do you want me to post things 3000 times lol

Or give in to the mong who said "it's different types of input lag" lol - he was a legend
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Last edited by MrShotia on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2018
Posts: 12
gamer moments in this thread


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 3402
Location: Ringing the bells of fortune
Again, these two websites have different methodologies for comparing input lag, so their results are not directly comparable. For instance, one's testing on consoles while the other is presumably testing on PCs.

By "technical reason" I mean what's stopping me from taking a whole bunch of arcade buttons, arranging them into a keyboard arrangement, and using that as a zero-latency keyboard?
_________________
Image
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Shepardus wrote:
Again, these two websites have different methodologies for comparing input lag, so their results are not directly comparable. For instance, one's testing on consoles while the other is presumably testing on PCs.

By "technical reason" I mean what's stopping me from taking a whole bunch of arcade buttons, arranging them into a keyboard arrangement, and using that as a zero-latency keyboard?


Zero lag arcade stick pcb's are zero lag on PC to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMi8uynp7aI

Come on, what else you got dude

lol
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Last edited by MrShotia on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3327
Location: In a storm
Historic thread.

Countdown until guy deletes all his posts again.
_________________
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 3402
Location: Ringing the bells of fortune
I'd still like you to answer my second question - if I took an arcade stick and kept adding buttons to it until it had enough to use as a keyboard, would that be a zero-latency keyboard? If so, what's the difference in hardware (or software) that makes that possible, and why doesn't anybody sell that? If not, why not?
_________________
Image
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube


Last edited by Shepardus on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 42
Location: London UK
Plasmo wrote:
Historic thread.

Countdown until guy deletes all his posts again.


What when it gets bombed by one guy on multi accounts talking about someone I don't even know again to the point it derailed the thread.. Rite

So yea, another thread getting trolled again, ha f@cking ha

That's how it goes here then I see

Bit of a shame shmups are awesome but the community isn't

The retardation is so strong here I almost rate it

Anyway fuktards have fun elsewhere I'm off to 4chan where people can actually troll effectively, peace
_________________
Outnumbered, outgunned, but never outclassed.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2016
Posts: 446
MrShotia wrote:
Elixir wrote:
The fact that you don't immediately know what travel time refers to when talking about keyboards really indicates that you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you just randomly find this article and decide to claim to be an expert on the matter?


You google "keyboard travel time" and tell me the results

It is not a used term, your search will return nothing


lol
_________________
Image
My YouTube channel: link
Also I stream here sometimes: link


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 6702
Location: block
Plasmo wrote:
Historic thread.

Countdown until guy deletes all his posts again.

Maybe that'll happen after he runs a software to compare phrasing and conclude that he's being trolled by one of you with an alt account.

Like he did in the thread he hilariously nuked because he concluded I was bassa-bassa (@the latter: cheers alter-bro! :mrgreen: )

PS: apparently he still believes it. Best guy we had in a while. A /shmupg/ refugee maybe?
_________________
mycophobia wrote:
have tyou ever played dodponpatchi


Last edited by Xyga on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 186
If I literally don't notice the lag why do I care
_________________
Play for fun and win when you can.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why keyboards are bad for shmups, 2 frames of lag is add
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3327
Location: In a storm
Xyga wrote:
Plasmo wrote:
Historic thread.

Countdown until guy deletes all his posts again.

Maybe that'll happen after he runs a software to compare phrasing and conclude that he's being trolled by one of you with an alt account.

Like he did in the thread he hilariously nuked because he concluded I was bassa-bassa (@the latter: cheers alter-bro! :mrgreen: )

PS: apparently he still believes it. Best guy we had in a while. A /shmupg/ refugee maybe?


In case you didn't know, I am actually Xyga.
_________________
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group