loving Raiden Fighters

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bytestorm

Re: loving Raiden Fighters

Post by bytestorm »

might revise my earlier post.. this game is unfair as hell.. starting to hate it more than lovin it actually. And the part that it actually gets more and more difficult EVERY f*cking try you make if you dont reboot the whole cab makes me furoius.. cant practice even.. god damn it, might as well sell all RF games since I still cant get past stage 3 boss.. after months of playing I aint never seen stage 4. hatin rf..
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

bytestorm wrote:And the part that it actually gets more and more difficult EVERY f*cking try you make if you dont reboot the whole cab makes me furoius..
Raiden Fighters has that sort of thing? I've only heard of that with Battle Garegga and Armed Police Batrider. The bullet speed is pretty insane after triggering the special medals though.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Shepardus wrote:
bytestorm wrote:And the part that it actually gets more and more difficult EVERY f*cking try you make if you dont reboot the whole cab makes me furoius..
Raiden Fighters has that sort of thing? I've only heard of that with Battle Garegga and Armed Police Batrider. The bullet speed is pretty insane after triggering the special medals though.
Raiden Fighters doesn't have that mechanic. The game is always the same with each credit.

Dude is seeing ghosts.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

Hahaha :) it has that mechanic... trust me.
After like 10 credits I can't even get past first stage without dying. Shots getting super fast and even the first enemies shoots several shots . Then I must restart the game and everything gets slow again.

I am using US pcb/cart
Looking to buy, working or faulty: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Ibara, Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Is that a version difference for US perhaps? Do you have a video of it?

Sounds interesting.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

Plasmo wrote:Is that a version difference for US perhaps? Do you have a video of it?

Sounds interesting.
Sorry man, aint got no video of me failing 10 times in a row but it most defenitely has something going on because it gets harder and harder and finally I need to reboot the cab and then it suddenly gets back to normal and feels "easy" :). try it in mame, should behave the same. choose US version.

Which of the japanese versions is to prefer? I find 3... "earliest, earlier, newer".. the newer set seems to use bigger roms?
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

here is a video efter a couple of tries. Sorry for the bad quality, but hard to film and play at the same time :S

Stage 1 - Forest

Check the third wave of enemies, they all shoot, and the rest of the level is the same. all shoot bullets and I constantly die because I didnt anticipate the new bullets.

https://youtu.be/Y7XcVaeliXo

It makes it soooo much harder that the enemies that previously didnt, starts to fire bullets.. and they are slow so usually I crash into them when trying to get medals because they arent usually any bullets there :/
bytestorm

Post by bytestorm »

No one?