shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:13 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: tatsujin/truxton appreciation thread.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:29 pm 

i wrote a review of tatsujin ou: https://mycophobia.org/tatsujin_ou.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:07 am 

I have recently joined the Tatsujin 10 million+ club! That was an awesome credit I had. All the studying, practice, and attempts I did between when I got back into the game in November and when I got the score really paid off. I sure as hell feel like a Tatsujin after having done this.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/827586305

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:39 pm 

Grats flo! I will watch your credit in its entirety.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 pm 

here's a cheat that smc helped me make to disable checkpoints in truxton 2 / tatsujin ou:

Code:
  <cheat desc="Disable checkpoints">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.mb@2321a=60</action>
      <action>maincpu.mb@23296=60</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

doesn't fix the game's problems but it's a generally pretty chill time

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:30 pm 

That's kinda cool, though I imagine it would result in a number of chain deaths? Not like the original doesn't have chain deaths, lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:32 pm 

yeah the one credit i've played so far I chain died right before the stage 4 1up trying to suicide to get some bombs back because i didn't really plan it very well lol. also Flobeamer pointed out that at minimum speed you straight up can't dodge the stage 5 boss's homing attack

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:35 am 

Last edited by Meteor-GER on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:31 pm 

didn't see this until now for some reason

1. It's just the music that's too fast. This is an error acknowledged by the programmer. The game is supposed to run at 60hz

2. Maybe it's possible to beat the game without bombs, but the game gives you tons and doesn't really award bonuses for not using them. The game was designed around bomb usage.

3. Recovery is possible anywhere, though stage 5 in the MD version can be really tricky compared to the AC version because they screwed with some of the checkpoints. Really just try not to die here, but it's worth practicing these recoveries if you do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:11 pm 

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:08 pm 

First Version of my Truxton Game guide is finished. But for now, it´s in a german / english mix only.
And surely with a lot of errors and not the best strategies included.

How can I upload it? I can see no Data/attachment button?
It´s in PDF format

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:35 pm 

Meteor-GER wrote:
It´s in PDF format

I'd be interested in taking a look at this, but not a PDF. Just put the info in a GoogleDoc or PasteBin and give us a link to it. Or make a thread in the Strategy section here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 pm 

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:56 pm 

Meteor-GER wrote:
@omegaFlareX

Never heard of these formats. I can only export it to PDF or JPG or XML.
I´ve looked in the strategy section, too. There is no upload funktion either.

I think he's referring to creating a plain text/formatted text version of your guidebook (by copying the raw text from the program you are using) either using pastebin (plain text site), this site's post function (which has some formatting and image support), or Google Docs so that it's more viewable and easier for people to refer to than a PDF, especially on mobile. Not to mention easier to copy stuff out of. Here's an exampleof some neat features of Google docs, in this case a table of contents based on headings.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:53 pm 

mycophobia wrote:

4 of 5? You have mentioned so much problems with ths game and you still give 4 of 5? But many thanks for the text and the great screenshots. At the moment I think about if I will be so masochistic to try a 1cc on Tatsujin or Ou. But in the past I thought the MD version is too daunting. Has someone beaten the md version or Ou and can tell me, how hard it really is compared to some other shooters?

And has anyone seen a true 1cc of the Mega Drive Version? It seems there are only arcade version ones and others with tool assist...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:23 pm 

Angry Hina wrote:
mycophobia wrote:

4 of 5? You have mentioned so much problems with ths game and you still give 4 of 5?

the flaws stand out because its one of the best shmups ive ever played otherwise. i felt like i had to emphasize them because at the time it was very frustrating that such a great game was obscured by so many small mechanical problems and I say as much in the closing paragraph. this frustration was the impetus for my New Version hack, which I believe corrects most of the game's issues.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:34 am 

Angry Hina wrote:
mycophobia wrote:

4 of 5? You have mentioned so much problems with ths game and you still give 4 of 5? But many thanks for the text and the great screenshots. At the moment I think about if I will be so masochistic to try a 1cc on Tatsujin or Ou. But in the past I thought the MD version is too daunting. Has someone beaten the md version or Ou and can tell me, how hard it really is compared to some other shooters?

And has anyone seen a true 1cc of the Mega Drive Version? It seems there are only arcade version ones and others with tool assist...

I've cleared Tatsujin Oh. It's without a doubt the hardest shmup I've cleared to date. Its difficulty is high up there. I don't think it's the hardest thing in the world, but it sure took me a while to get that 1-ALL (about six months for a Truxton II 1-ALL, and then about an additional two months on top of that for a Tatsujin Oh 1-ALL). I would speak more on behalf of MD Tatsujin, but I've only gotten up to stage 5 there. I'm not a fan of its reduced screen size.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm 

On my quest for the normal difficulty 1cc of the MD-version of Tatsujin, Ive needed a little milestone to keep me motivated. So Ive done a nearly 2nd loop clear on easy in 50 Hz mode. I havent seen the 2nd loop beyond lv 1 so Ive lost some lives because I didnt know to well, what will happen next.

I will try a 2nd loop clear on 60 Hz this week before I go back to normal 50 Hz in which its so hard to get a recover within stage 5. Especially with the much harder ceckpoint system of the console version...

So here is my humble run^^

https://youtu.be/1QexVaqNLdc

(2534720 pts)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:45 am 

Didnt achieved my 2-All clear on easy/60 Hz but was very close. Got to the stage 5 Boss with 10 lives but wasnt able to get him down. My evasions under his spiral attack were shurely not precise enough but the space is just so small to dodge... But well it was a kinda good run with a bit dissapointing ending: https://youtu.be/f0YI5Cj1NVg

Jesterday Ive come back to normal (60hz) and was able to get the first time to the middle of stage 5 without loosing a single live. Ive lost 2 or 3 on the two blue ones and so only had to get past the last two chekpoints and kill the boss.... but I havent seen the boss -.- Ive lost all my lifs on the last two passages. Theese sequences are so hard and I wasnt able to find a reliable concept. The sequence with the round and green enemies are harder on normal then on 2nd loop easy. They shoot earlier, wich made it hard for me to find the little gap between them and so I had to use a bomb here a bit earlier and so I had to on other occasions... the three werent eough to get throgh both checkpoints and if I die before I see the boss, the true last checkpoint will not be activated in the console version... so frustrating. I hope I dont have to stop here.

Has someone a litte recording of the last part of stage 5 of the MD-version after the blue ones with a good working "low risk" route ? :D

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8