shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:56 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 16: The Biology of Seeing Shmups, finish
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 pm 



Joined: 05 May 2017
Posts: 32
Zen wrote:
Dear Mark,


Could you please get Dr. McCormo, further to his research on "Saccades, Perception, and Shmups", to (totally unbiased like) prove correct my suspicions,
regarding Testosterone and the "Hyper Male Brain", as it pertains to variations in visual perception.

This will put to rest, once and for all, that I genuinely do suffer "Garegga Blindness", thus proving that all farmers scoring higher than me on that accursed shmup, are actually "girly-men".
Ta.

Your pal in science,

Zen.

Current research appears to suggest the opposite: Higher testosterone correlates to spacial cognative abilities while more frequent errors/ slower reaction time negatively correlate with testosterone.

Quote:
Spatial cognitive abilities as well as general cognition and memory decline with aging together with the testosterone levels. During the productive ages and even in early adulthood, men generally outperform women in spatial abilities (Linn and Petersen, 1985). Especially, mental rotation shows a clear sex difference in favor of men. Not surprisingly, observational studies have focused on the association between testosterone and spatial abilities. Some studies have found a positive relationship between testosterone and mental rotation in men (Silverman et al., 1999). Error rate as well as the reaction time negatively correlated with testosterone (Hooven et al., 2004).


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4330791/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 16: The Biology of Seeing Shmups, finish
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3301
Location: In a storm
Does that mean that all players with a 10mil+ score in Garegga are homosexual?

Asking for a friend.
_________________
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 16: The Biology of Seeing Shmups, finish
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 1027
mrmccormo wrote:
Zen wrote:
Dear Mark,


Could you please get Dr. McCormo, further to his research on "Saccades, Perception, and Shmups", to (totally unbiased like) prove correct my suspicions,
regarding Testosterone and the "Hyper Male Brain", as it pertains to variations in visual perception.

This will put to rest, once and for all, that I genuinely do suffer "Garegga Blindness", thus proving that all farmers scoring higher than me on that accursed shmup, are actually "girly-men".
Ta.

Your pal in science,

Zen.

Current research appears to suggest the opposite: Higher testosterone correlates to spacial cognative abilities while more frequent errors/ slower reaction time negatively correlate with testosterone.

Quote:
Spatial cognitive abilities as well as general cognition and memory decline with aging together with the testosterone levels. During the productive ages and even in early adulthood, men generally outperform women in spatial abilities (Linn and Petersen, 1985). Especially, mental rotation shows a clear sex difference in favor of men. Not surprisingly, observational studies have focused on the association between testosterone and spatial abilities. Some studies have found a positive relationship between testosterone and mental rotation in men (Silverman et al., 1999). Error rate as well as the reaction time negatively correlated with testosterone (Hooven et al., 2004).


https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4330791/
Wait a minute!
You're telling me that I have no excuse and that I basically suck at Garegga?!

Say, what kind of doctor are you?!

Image

The Mental rotation would indeed come under the purview of spatial abilities but my question pertained more to variations in the visual perception of movement, to wit, Garegga.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Testosterone's used in the linked paper were not exactly "High Androgen" bombs? Go big, or go home!
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 16: The Biology of Seeing Shmups, finish
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 am 



Joined: 05 May 2017
Posts: 32
Zen wrote:
Wait a minute!
You're telling me that I have no excuse and that I basically suck at Garegga?!

Say, what kind of doctor are you?!

Image

The Mental rotation would indeed come under the purview of spatial abilities but my question pertained more to variations in the visual perception of movement, to wit, Garegga.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Testosterone's used in the linked paper were not exactly "High Androgen" bombs? Go big, or go home!

More Garegga play is necessary. For study, of course!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 17 The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Promet
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
The 17th episode of the show: The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Prometheus, is complete!


Image


Here is the link to the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657

Also, a link to the Google Drive if you prefer to download the episodes that way.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v-q8hNE5rlPRSJGcRXGCIn4ELF6ATzF3


If you are a fan of the podcast, or would like to be a guest on the show, please feel free to join the podcast Discord.

https://discord.gg/YXHK2Fp

On today's episode, Prometheus stops by the podcast to drop some serious knowledge. We talk about the history behind Full Extent of the Jam, his process of learning Dodonpachi, his philosophy of learning efficiently, input methods, DDP vs. DOJ, Starcraft Brood War, the state of Dodonpachi, and a bunch more.

I think I did a reasonably good job keeping my inner fanboy contained, huge thanks to Prometheus for coming on the podcast.

P.S. The original image I used for the basis of the cover art is by Tarrow100, a japanese artist that I asked permission to use the image from around two years ago. I then redesigned the color and added the other stuff. Here's the link to the original image, in case you were curious and wanted to compare them. https://www.deviantart.com/art/AXELAY-Toon-Shading-Ver-510972784
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
The 18th episode of the show: The Chosen One! Interview with Zero Ranger Developers, is complete!


Image


Here is the link to the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657

Also, a link to the Google Drive if you prefer to download the episodes that way.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v-q8hNE5rlPRSJGcRXGCIn4ELF6ATzF3


If you are a fan of the podcast, or would like to be a guest on the show, please feel free to join the podcast Discord.

https://discord.gg/YXHK2Fp

On today's episode, I am extremely excited to be able to talk with the Zero Ranger Developers Ebbo and Eebrozgi. After following this game's development on the forums and then playing the release this year, I was immediately hooked and eager to get these guys on the podcast. I truly feel this game is of the highest quality and give it my sincerest personal recommendation.

In the interview, we cover the games 10 year development history, it's evolving design and inspirations, as well as its potential to bring more players into the shmup community. I am personally a huge fan of this game and am certain this episode is an awesome listen for shmup fans. Please recommend this game to all your friends, even the non-shmup players.

Link to game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/809020/ZeroRanger/

P.S. The cover art for this episode is based off art by Baconpal and used with his permission. Here are links to his Tumbler and Twitter:
https://baconpal.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/BaconPal
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:57 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Posts: 903
Location: France
I just finished listening to the ZR podcast and it was quite enjoyable!
Some of the dev stories and anecdotes were funny, and it really seems like you two have a lot of chemistry. Given ZR's dev history, that was almost mandatory I must say.
Well thought out questions too, especially about the scoring and the thought process and iterations behind some of the design choices.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.

Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
M.Knight wrote:
I just finished listening to the ZR podcast and it was quite enjoyable!
Some of the dev stories and anecdotes were funny, and it really seems like you two have a lot of chemistry. Given ZR's dev history, that was almost mandatory I must say.
Well thought out questions too, especially about the scoring and the thought process and iterations behind some of the design choices.


Thanks so much for tuning in! Glad to hear you enjoyed the episode :-)

Ya this one was a lot of fun. On most podcast episodes, I try to covertly get some of the editing done while at work, but, for this episode, I was having trouble because I kept laughing when I was listening back to the interview. Ended up editing most of it at home. I'm very happy with how this episode turned out!
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:40 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2016
Posts: 31
Sometime between this being recorded and now, I was talking to Eebz and for one reason or another his Fin-English came up. I tried to insist it was great when in VC and in text you could barely tell (besides the occasional idiom), but he insisted it was real rough and just pointed me to this episode.
...
I still think it's pretty good.

Great episode overall. I liked the musical interlude between subjects, and it was interesting hearing some of the design decisions from a non technical point of view.
_________________
Devil Engine on steam
Debut Trailer
Development Twitter


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1800
Location: Nebraska, USA
Nice! I listened to the previous episode a couple days ago, so I'll have to queue this one up for listening over the holiday weekend :D
_________________
"Playing a shmup with an analog stick is like trying to fill out the New York Times crossword with a can of spray paint." - Topher Cantler
YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Shoot the Core-cast Shmup Podcast


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
Sinoc wrote:
Sometime between this being recorded and now, I was talking to Eebz and for one reason or another his Fin-English came up. I tried to insist it was great when in VC and in text you could barely tell (besides the occasional idiom), but he insisted it was real rough and just pointed me to this episode.
...
I still think it's pretty good.

Great episode overall. I liked the musical interlude between subjects, and it was interesting hearing some of the design decisions from a non technical point of view.


I agree, I think Eebz English was very good! I can't speak any additional language, other than pigeon Spanish, so mad respect to my European guests who can talk to me in English :-)

Thank you very much for tuning in and I am happy to hear you enjoyed the episode!
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 18: Interview with Zero Ranger Developer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:37 am 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3276
Location: Chicago, IL
I enjoyed hearing Ebbo and Eebrozgi's thoughts on the ZeroRanger development. I find it hard to believe their friendship and passion sustained the game through high-school enthusiasm down to final release. Good job guys!

I hope I can play their hard mode soon. Maybe add back that DoDonPachi parody as a score attack/caravan? :wink:
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 19: Pinball + Shmup! Demon's Tilt
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
The 19th episode of the show: Pinball + Shmup! An Indie Journey With The Developer Of Demon's Tilt, is complete!


Image


Here is the link to the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657

Also, a link to the Google Drive if you prefer to download the episodes that way.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v-q8hNE5rlPRSJGcRXGCIn4ELF6ATzF3


If you are a fan of the podcast, or would like to be a guest on the show, please feel free to join the podcast Discord.

https://discord.gg/YXHK2Fp

On today's episode, I get the opportunity to interview Adam Ferrando, the developer of Demon's Tilt, a pinball game with serious shmup elements. I have had a great time talking to Adam about his journey as an indie developer, the in-depth mechanics of Demon's Tilt, as well trying out the beta. I strongly encourage my fellow shmup players to check the game out when it releases!

Steam Link:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/422510/DEMONS_TILT/

Description from Publisher:

Demon’s Tilt is a new retro-styled video pinball game that mixes video pinball with shmup (or bullet hell) elements to create something totally new! Some time ago, Demon’s Tilt creator Adam Ferrando showed an early prototype of the game to frequent collaborator Ralph Barbagallo. Ralph liked the demo so much he decided to help ship and publish the game through his own development and publishing company, FLARB.

Game OST created by ec2151
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 19: Pinball + Shmup! Demon's Tilt
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 am 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3276
Location: Chicago, IL
This was great to listen to. I'm not just saying that because I did the music for the game.* :mrgreen: Adam has been a lot of fun to work with and it's been great to see the game come so far from its alpha two years ago.

This is something that I think is going to be a pretty well-loved indie game. It was great to hear him explain more about the actual mechanics of some of the scoring and boss-unlocking progression, since I haven't done much advanced scoring or unlocks with just casual play. I need to tilt more... it's in the title!

I've only unlocked one boss, but it's just awesome to have these big ugly monsters pop up and shoot at you. It's great fun.

*Shoutout to our own HeavyViper for doing the sound effects, too :wink:
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 19: Pinball + Shmup! Demon's Tilt
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:22 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
Excellent work on the soundtrack man! Ya I had a great time recording the episode, it was fun to learn more about the game, as I think a lot of people don't really know how much would go into Demon's Tilt otherwise. I'm looking forward to streaming some of the gameplay here soon.
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 19: Pinball + Shmup! Demon's Tilt
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:23 am 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3276
Location: Chicago, IL
I just want to say that since selfishly tuning in to 'my' episode, I've went and listened to a number of the podcasts, esp. at work. I've become a fan. You've done a great job of having some fun nerdy talk about all sorts of shmup topics from savestates, arcade sticks, and scoring. Keep up the great work.
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 19: Pinball + Shmup! Demon's Tilt
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:04 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
EmperorIng wrote:
I just want to say that since selfishly tuning in to 'my' episode, I've went and listened to a number of the podcasts, esp. at work. I've become a fan. You've done a great job of having some fun nerdy talk about all sorts of shmup topics from savestates, arcade sticks, and scoring. Keep up the great work.


That's awesome man! I'm glad you have been enjoying the other episodes! :-D Thanks for tuning in!
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 19: Pinball + Shmup! Demon's Tilt
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1800
Location: Nebraska, USA
Mark, I have to say, I'm loving the podcast. You always come up with good questions to ask, and every episode has some engaging discussion.
_________________
"Playing a shmup with an analog stick is like trying to fill out the New York Times crossword with a can of spray paint." - Topher Cantler
YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Shoot the Core-cast Shmup Podcast


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:45 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
The 20th episode of the show: Ketsuicast! Destroying DeathTiny with Iconoclast, is complete!


Image


Here is the link to the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657

If you are a fan of the podcast, or would like to be a guest on the show, please feel free to join the podcast Discord.

https://discord.gg/YXHK2Fp

It's the shmup release I have been waiting all year for! It's finally here! Ketsui DeathTiny! In this episode I get the opportunity to talk with Iconoclast, an accomplished shmup player who has been absolutely destroying DeathTiny, among other achievements I don't want to spoil, about the new release and titular arrange mode.

I've had a great time playing this game and talking about it, and I know you are all in for an enjoyable listen :-D Yes, it's a pain importing the game or downloading off the Japanese PSN, but it is definitely worth the effort for any shmup fan.

Huge thanks to Iconoclast for coming on the episode!

https://twitter.com/iconoclast575
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Last edited by Mark_MSX on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:22 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jul 2018
Posts: 68
mark it's pronounced deathtiny as in rhyming with destiny ie word play albeit shit word play but still.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:24 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
poptart wrote:
mark it's pronounced deathtiny as in rhyming with destiny ie word play albeit shit word play but still.


Ya, my bad. Caught onto that after editing the episode.

Maybe I 'll edit in a quick heads up that I mispronounce the name a bunch.
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:29 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jul 2018
Posts: 68
Mark_MSX wrote:
poptart wrote:
mark it's pronounced deathtiny as in rhyming with destiny ie word play albeit shit word play but still.


Ya, my bad. Caught onto that after editing the episode.

Maybe I 'll edit in a quick heads up that I mispronounce the name a bunch.



I wouldn't bother tbh everybody knows what it is and it's probably less cringe than the actual pronunciation anyway.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:37 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
I 'll add the warning in, but also make fun of the actual title a little while I m at it ha.
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:21 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1800
Location: Nebraska, USA
Mark_MSX wrote:
I 'll add the warning in, but also make fun of the actual title a little while I m at it ha.


Image

"It is your deathtiny." :lol:
_________________
"Playing a shmup with an analog stick is like trying to fill out the New York Times crossword with a can of spray paint." - Topher Cantler
YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Shoot the Core-cast Shmup Podcast


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 20 Ketsuicast! Destroying DT with Iconoc
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 6888
Location: MD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaCCozY8fx0 I am your Deathtiny, your Destiny.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 21: Fire Lancer Devs Interview
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:18 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
The 21st episode of the show: Download the Demo, Catch them on Tour! Fire Lancer Devs Interview, is complete!


Image


Here is the link to the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657

If you are a fan of the podcast, or would like to be a guest on the show, please feel free to join the podcast Discord.

https://discord.gg/YXHK2Fp

On this episode I get a chance to talk with Trap15 and Ptoing about their killer demo for their upcoming indie shmup, Fire Lancer. The interview is a great time and we cover the history of how the project came together, how the scoring system and level design were created, developing for retro hardware like the wonderswan, using pixel art, the scoring competition, and a ton more. Definitely worth a listen if you want to learn more about indie shmup development and this awesome game.

Huge thanks to Trap15 and Ptoing for being guests on the show! I know I had fun during the interview :-)

Also, check out the Fire Lancer demo and keep an eye out for the complete release in the future (or right now, depending on what year you are reading this).

http://firelancer.ws/
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 21: Fire Lancer Devs Interview
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Posts: 903
Location: France
Thanks for that interview! It was quite interesting to know some of the other references than TD2, and the way you two met each other and decided to work together. The Onigiri origin story is pretty funny too.

As to answer the module question, in Illvelo you can actually detach your options and park them anywhere you want and even move them around as you want. So there's that example at least. The only difference is that they don't have a trailing behavior and are more like the Fire Lancer's spread out module formation.
_________________
RegalSin wrote:
I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.

Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Podcast Episode 21: Fire Lancer Devs Interview
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
M.Knight wrote:
Thanks for that interview! It was quite interesting to know some of the other references than TD2, and the way you two met each other and decided to work together. The Onigiri origin story is pretty funny too.

As to answer the module question, in Illvelo you can actually detach your options and park them anywhere you want and even move them around as you want. So there's that example at least. The only difference is that they don't have a trailing behavior and are more like the Fire Lancer's spread out module formation.


Thanks for listening man! I'm glad you enjoyed the episode. I had no idea about Illvelo, sounds cool though! I'll have to check that game out.
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It started as a joke ... Bros Before Touhou's (Ft. Jaime
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 228
It started as a joke on my discord ...

But the idea was too funny to resist.



Image



https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657/bros-before-touhous-ft-jaimers
_________________
https://discord.gg/MCUE5eD
https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Fwhz ... 4yC3Isd4Lg


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It started as a joke ... Bros Before Touhou's (Ft. Jaime
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 305
Location: The Edge Of The Ape Oven
Somebody needs to throw that in a shmups mixtape with this.
_________________
ImageImageImage
| 1cc |


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group