Aka & Blue Type-R (Exa Arcade 2018)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Muchi Muchi Spork

Aka & Blue Type-R (Exa Arcade 2018)

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Aka & Blue Type-R
platform: Exa Arcade hardware (https://twitter.com/exaarcadia)
company: Tanoshimasu (http://tanoshimasu.com/)
expected release month: November 2018

Aka & Blue Type-R is a different game from Type-S (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61536) by Tanoshimasu coming out on the new exa arcade hardware. It was redesigned/rebalanced/remade for arcade controls and I don't know what other game changes were made yet. It runs on the new exa arcade hardware which uses some PC hardware components as well as a custom I/O board but here's the sweetest part about the I/O board that I think is big news: it was designed to kill input lag and has less input lag than competing arcade hardware.

Also the exa system can run up to 4 games at once where you can switch between them like a Neo-Geo. All new games for the system have to be developed to run at some very specific specs for example 4:3 31k and 16:9 720p will be universally supported on all games. So you can switch between 4 games at once like Neo-Geo and buy new games on the system knowing it will work on your setup.

Games under development for the Exa:
Aka & Blue Type-R (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61739)
Infinos Exa (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61859)
Super Hydorah AC (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61738)
Strania: The Stella Machina (Exa Ver.) (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61881)
Heiankyo Alien 3671 (Exa Ver.) (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62009)

Last edited by Muchi Muchi Spork on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 22 times in total.
spmbx

Re: Aka To Blue: Type R (arcade 2018)

Post by spmbx »

Start buttun :?
zak

Post by zak »

spmbx wrote:Start buttun :?
I'm starting to think mistakes like this are intentional fan service now :lol:

I bet those Devs start their morning with toast, smothered with the full extent of the jam.

@MMS, I have a feeling that there will be an enhanced SDOJ re-release on this hardware now ;)
extend

Post by extend »

zak wrote: I'm starting to think mistakes like this are intentional fan service now :lol:
It's a bit like all the missing plurals everywhere ("object graphic" in the credits etc.). Almost can't be real at this point :)
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

extend wrote:
zak wrote: I'm starting to think mistakes like this are intentional fan service now :lol:
It's a bit like all the missing plurals everywhere ("object graphic" in the credits etc.). Almost can't be real at this point :)
Don't get me started on that one. Generally speaking, Japanese doesn't differentiate between plural and singular, so as a translator, I'm constantly running into instances where I don't know which they meant.

Incidentally, if Muchi Muchi Pork! ever gets pegged for localization, I'm going to do my best to get the job so I can put "START MUTTON" on the title screen.
Cata

Post by Cata »

Was really disappointed when I found out this was just a mobile game the first time around since it actually looks pretty interesting

Hopefully someone can snag some arcade footage sooner than later
Muchi Muchi Spork

zak wrote:
I'm starting to think mistakes like this are intentional fan service now :lol:

I bet those Devs start their morning with toast, smothered with the full extent of the jam.

@MMS, I have a feeling that there will be an enhanced SDOJ re-release on this hardware now ;)

When I saw the buttun my first guess is in designing the font they took several lines out on purpose as part of the design like the A missing the center line but who knows. I think the font looks good though.

About your enhanced SDOJ idea, I honestly wouldn't rule that out, not one bit. Don't rule anything out with this company and what gets announced this year. Wish I could say more (I know slightly more secrets already) but I can't.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:Wish I could say more (I know slightly more secrets already) but I can't.
Ibara 3 confirmed!
Muchi Muchi Spork

Haha omg can you imagine? Hahaha oh that is a great idea. Like leaping into a pool of happiness.

Ibara is the Mona Lisa of videogames.
mtbd500

Post by mtbd500 »

An ibara port with novice mode for old geezers like me would be the cherry on a large cake!.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote: 4:3 31k and 16:9 720p will be universally supported on all games.
So vertical games can switch between different aspect ratios as well as resolutions? That screen shot is 16:9.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:Ibara is the Mona Lisa of videogames.
So many dreams have been brought to your doorstep;
They just lie there...and they die there...
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

This exa hardware sounds pretty cool. Wonder if this has anything to do with that Pink Sweets: Suicide Club board that popped up out of nowhere. Perhaps a test?
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

Dave_K. wrote:
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote: 4:3 31k and 16:9 720p will be universally supported on all games.
So vertical games can switch between different aspect ratios as well as resolutions? That screen shot is 16:9.
Vertically oriented games are required to play both in 720p and 31kHz as well as have a horizontally oriented playable mode as most LCD cabs cannot be oriented for vertical.
become history
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Shou wrote:
Dave_K. wrote:
Vertically oriented games are required to play both in 720p and 31kHz as well as have a horizontally oriented playable mode as most LCD cabs cannot be oriented for vertical.
Thanks Shou.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

zak wrote:
If there is, I´ll be throwing all my money on it.
zak

Post by zak »

monouchi wrote:
zak wrote:
If there is, I´ll be throwing all my money on it.
If there is an option to load multiple games onto the same board, that's essentially an official CAVE multi board! (speculation of course) ;)
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

zak wrote:If there is an option to load multiple games onto the same board, that's essentially an official CAVE multi board! (speculation of course) ;)
*throws money*

I am curious to see the line up of games.
Aka to Blue was quite nice when I tried it on mobile, but not a game i would spend money on new arcade HW for.
Will be interesting to see how the type R plays.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

You should realize that if CAVE were to rerelease their games on this hardware, they'd still have to port the games to the system and it'd be subject to all the usual limitations and potential inaccuracies of ports, unless this hardware can somehow exactly mimic the CV1K's behavior. In some sense a "CAVE multi board" already exists - it's called the Xbox 360.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Yes, I dont know about releasing straight ports to the arcade when the games are allready out there.
They should release new versions: BL, Suicide club etc etc that cant be compared to the old games.
Stompp

Post by Stompp »

monouchi wrote:Yes, I dont know about releasing straight ports to the arcade when the games are allready out there.
They should release new versions: BL, Suicide club etc etc that cant be compared to the old games.
I agree 100% with you on this.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Polite request for new Cave games to continue the high res 2D look of the Xbox 360 ports rather than the 3D modelling of Deathsmiles 2 :wink:
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I can't wait for all those new Cave shooters to come out :P
zak

Post by zak »

Sumez wrote:I can't wait for all those new Cave shooters to come out :P
I hope it's a slow trickle. I can't afford 2/3 new kits a year.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

You'd be lucky to see less than three new Yagawa schmups per year, and let's not even get into Ikeda spam.
What a time to be alive
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

:lol:

Lulz aside just a post to +1 again the need for special/extra versions, no point in porting already existing games as they are to arcades.

Another interesting thing would be releasing previously "almost finished yet unreleased and lost games", you know, like super fighter team or watermelon do after fixing/completing the final bits sometimes with the help of the original developers.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Wonder what such system would cost. $3000 for the HW and $1500 for the game?
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
zak

Post by zak »

waiwainl wrote:Wonder what such system would cost. $3000 for the HW and $1500 for the game?
I imagine a lot less than that.
nem

Post by nem »

zak wrote:
waiwainl wrote:Wonder what such system would cost. $3000 for the HW and $1500 for the game?
I imagine a lot less than that.
3k is way too much for the hardware.

As for the games, it probably depends on the game. I'm sure the price for Super Hydorah will fall in line with NG:DEV:TEAM efforts / Skycurser.

However, less than 1k for a new G.rev arcade game? I don't think so.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

A Type X2 hard drive cost around 200,000 Yen back in the day, same again for the hardware, so don't expect a new Cave or G-rev game to be cheap. This is primarily aimed at the arcade market.