Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
llaoyllakcuf

Re: Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

Battlesmurf wrote:Kind of a noob question. Does someone have the link? I'm not finding it on Amazon jp.

Thanks!
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07G811KYG
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Keres wrote:
gameoverDude wrote:KD will be on disc it seems, but I'm hoping the DLC is indeed on the disc also. The M2STG page does translate to "Disk version "Ketsui Deathtiny ~ Bonds Hells ~", 2 paid DLCs delivered on the same day have already been applied", so I'm guessing it's true. (Sorry, just a little skeptical since Garegga's boxed LE had a JPSN code & no disc). I'll go to NCSX for this one.
Yes, the disc version comes with the DLC included. The download version is the only version that needs to buy it separately.
the question I'm sure he was wondering is if the dlc is on disc and not a download code

Another member here stated it was on disc but not sure if he understood either
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

The official site says the DLC is "already applied," so I'm guessing that means it's literally built-in when you run the disc version of the game. There is nothing I saw that would make it sound like there are DLC vouchers included in the case or anything.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

hamfighterx wrote:The Amazon bonus version costs more: ¥7,344, versus ¥5,999 for the standard one (currently shown as an 18% discount from list price). I might cancel my order and switch to standard if the bonus item is revealed and it's not something I care about... though I tend to be into little Cave-related curiosities.
Sorry can you break down for me the difference between the amazon and regular editions?

And so we are sure that the two DLC items will be on disc?
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

denpanosekai wrote:Sorry can you break down for me the difference between the amazon and regular editions?

And so we are sure that the two DLC items will be on disc?
Can't answer your first question but I can answer your second. Yes, we're sure. On the game's official site it explicitly says DLC content will be on-disc.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Does that one in the playasia link come with all the fixins? Is the extra mode from the 360 port gonna remain exclusive to that version?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

X-Mode from the 360/PS3 ports will not be available for this version, correct.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

I doubt it since that was a 5pb creation. But it would be nice if it could be included somehow for sure.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

We don't have a dedicated M2 thread, so i'll post this here.

It seems that ESP Ra.De has come out on top of a twitter poll M2 conducted last year.

M2 Interview
http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/180830

PDF with poll results
http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/wp-cont ... nquete.pdf

The top 3 were:
1 - ESP Ra.De.
2 - The Great RagTimeShow (Boogie Wings)
3 - Progear no Arashi

The Great RagTimeShow seems to be Mr. Naoki Horii (M2's president) favorite.

Sooo, more CAVE on the way? Or time for some Data East goodness?
Last edited by Mantrox on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Who are all these crazy people who voted for Boogie Wings? I like these people.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

I knew next to nothing about Boogie Wings. The game seems great, chaotic fun.
Would make quite a nice M2 release.

Also, in some part of the interview they seem to be discussing the nature of the votes themselves.
Can anybody help with a better translation than googles?

堀井直樹氏(以下、堀井氏):
 こうしてアンケート結果を眺めると、「ガチで欲しくて投票している人」と、「ネタで投票してるんじゃないか? という人」が混ざっている印象がありますね(笑)。

駒林貴行氏(以下、駒林氏):
 上位は“ガチ狙い”だと思うんですけれどね。

堀井氏:
 とはいえ、ネタで投票している人も、別に嘘をついているわけじゃないでしょう。「これが世の中に出たら、面白いよね?」と思っているんじゃないかな。
GSK

Post by GSK »

He's basically saying the results are a mix of people voting seriously and people voting for weird games as a joke, but that doesn't necessarily mean the people voting don't genuinely want to play some of those "ironic" suggestions.

That's a really long interview that I don't even want to pick apart right now but the very abridged summary is: whatever you might want them to port, they probably already started working on it in their spare time at some point over the last several years, for whichever home platforms you prefer, but they're going to give priority to some of the games that were highly suggested--Ra.De, Ragtime, Edward Randy.

(iirc, the M2 president mentioned Ragtime and Randy in the preceding interview which is why they rated so highly, and part of why they got singled out this time is purely because he likes them.)
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Thanks for that :)
Either of the 3 seem like good choices.
ciox

Post by ciox »

Mantrox wrote: It seems that ESP Ra.De has come out on top of a twitter poll M2 conducted last year.
'bout tahm.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

ESP Ra.De probably my favorite Cave shmup
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Also, acording to CAVE-STG Twitter, the M2 team already has Batrider ported.
https://twitter.com/cavexstg/status/1035009702407499776

The source is the same article.
GSK

Post by GSK »

They have it running on PS4 but it's nowhere near release quality--it's much harder to accurately emulate than Garegga and the fractured nature of the game along with performance restraints means it's much tougher to design and make gadgets and extra features. They do point out how when they were at Stunfest people were constantly bringing it up, and how someone asked them for a Yagawa trilogy and so on.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

I was one of them asking for it, at least on the M2/EXA Q&A stream during stunfest.
Having recently sold my Bakraid and Batrider boards, i am hoping M2 continues their work and delivers on the Yagawa trilogy.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Mantrox wrote:Also, acording to CAVE-STG Twitter, the M2 team already has Batrider ported.

DROOL

[HEAVY BREATHING]
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Getting back to Ketsui, beep seems to be getting the cardboard box treatment again.

pmp

Post by pmp »

Mantrox wrote:Also, acording to CAVE-STG Twitter, the M2 team already has Batrider ported.

Could you point out where this is confirmed in the article, because I didn’t see it anywhere.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

pmp wrote:

Could you point out where this is confirmed in the article, because I didn’t see it anywhere.
As GSK pointed out, Mr Horii said that the port itself (meaning game code porting, i assume) is already done; what he is having trouble with is creating good concepts for the gadgets and making them work in tandem with the game, as it's difficult to make interesting gadgets for Batrider that aren't too complex and costly in terms of performance.

This is talked about in this section of the interview.
Apologies for the google translate:

This is by no means a de facto confirmation that they are going to release it.
This just implies that Mr. Horii has already ported the original game and has been working on ideas, in order to make it a viable project.
pmp

Post by pmp »

I'm not sure that is the best way to read his statement. It seems more along the lines of "Because we have already ported a game using on same hardware, Battle Garegga, a basic port of Batrider would be easy". To take that as confirmation that Batrider is done is a bit of a leap to me. If anything, his candor makes me skeptical that we will see Batrider soon.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

I can't trust the Google translate, but he seems to be saying, if he only had to port it to release it, the job would already be done.
The interviewers even highlighted that statement in red, denoting surprise.
And since he follows that with "I have not adjusted or arranged" seems to indicate that after porting it he hasn't done anything else, like adjust game mechanics to create an arrange version.
Porting game code is one thing; having to do all the adjustments is another. I didn't intend to say they had all the work already done.

Interpretations aside, just the fact that he says that a lot of people on the team, including him, want to release this title makes me happy.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well guys, Ketsui: Deathtiny is coming to PS4 on 11/29/18. And yes, for both physical/digital. (Physical, I assume, includes the DLC?) (However, there will be paid DLC options such as the IKD 2007 Special game mode and Virt Arrange OST. Probably for digital buyers separately?)

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/19/m2 ... on-4-port/
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
llaoyllakcuf

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

And that's an amazing touch. As far as interpretation on the interview it seems to be they want to wring more from a batrider port, and that they pushed the ps4 hard for the garegga port. Anybody know what the ps4's ram is like? Seems like they have to push the garegga engine harder mostly.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Spotted that on their twitter page, wouldn't mind a bit of cardboard :)
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Still no confirmation of the amazon specific goods?