DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
charlie chong

Re: DoDonPachi Resurrection - Steam Edition

Post by charlie chong »

they haven't fixed any of the cave releases and you want them to release more :lol:
why would you want to play/buy more ports that are useless. megablacklabel with no slowdown :x
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Personally I still encourage people to purchase a JP 360 and the titles they care about, while they still can.
Worth the time and money considering it's still the next best thing after the pcb's, and will likely remain for a long time.
*shrugs*
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Yeah I've got a 360 so I don't really mind although I'd much rather just have them all on PC for convenience.

I think expecting anything other than 360 ports on PC from Cave is a pipe dream. There's no way they're making new menus/arrange modes games that don't already have them now. You're better off hoping for M2 to get more licenses.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

trap15 wrote:Akai Katana also already has a Windows port, since it's on NESiCAxLive. I'm honestly shocked they didn't do it as their first steam port.
The NESiCAxLive version has been dumped a while ago and people are already playing it on their PCs...
I'm pretty sure the workload needed to optimize it for a steam release would be minimal compared to titles like dodonpachi saidaioujou or Muchi Muchi Pork!
Imho it's their best hori so they should definitely go for it:-)
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Bananamatic wrote:pretty sure that was aimed at cave, not degica
No, it wasn't.

Whenever he posts, it's to post crap about Degica. Check his previous posts.
Earlier today, I was reading about the upcoming Steam release of Caladrius Blaze, and even on a topic about a game that has nothing to do with Degica, he posted things like:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p1233333
or
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1233705

I'll quote the last one:
«These people are top tier scumbags, selling broken products»

One thing is to criticise or voice discontent with a release, other is to spam every topic related to a company, and some that have nothing to do with it, to post crap.
Or to insult those who buy their releases (I guess you didn't see the "you people" post I replied to, which added nothing to the discussion, and it was simply pure trolling).
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

So, slightly off topic, but what's the best place to get a JP 360?
Are there any reputable online distributors that are still selling them?
What's their availability like in Japan at the moment?
Is getting a NIB JP 360 a pipe dream?
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Might be easier to find a RGH or JTAG in your area.

Not sure about where to get a second hand JP 360 other than the usual sites, Play Asia has them NIB but it's Play Asia so the prices are ridiculous.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

kid aphex wrote: Are there any reputable online distributors that are still selling them?
I neither endorse nor criticize the source - you have the assess the risks for yourself: http://stores.ebay.com/Retro-Saikou/Con ... 34.c0.m322
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

I don't feel like reading the whole thread, so can someone simply tell me if this still has slowdown and shit in any part of the game? I now have a MUCH better setup than I did back in my Saturn thread, though.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Other than Arrange A mode, it closely recreates the slowdown of the original arcade version (or Xbox 360 port, for arrange modes without an arcade version).
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Jinki

Post by Jinki »

atheistgod1999 wrote:I don't feel like reading the whole thread, so can someone simply tell me if this still has slowdown and shit in any part of the game? I now have a MUCH better setup than I did back in my Saturn thread, though.
Arrange A has no slowdown on Hyper activation, still. As well, the rest of the replay, leaderboard, etc. issues that are still in Mushi and Deathsmiles Steam ports are all still very present here.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

From a post made by the Publisher on Steam today. Re Arrange A slowdown; "further investigation suggests that different models of Xbox showed different amounts of slowdown"

Full post; http://steamcommunity.com/app/464450/di ... 401/?ctp=4
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

The game is on sale as part of the Steam Summer Sales.
Does it still have a few modes with broken slowdown and stuff? The game's recent update history mentions a few patches for Hibachi-related problems, but I can't find anything recent about the slowdown nor the 4-button freeze bug.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

M.Knight wrote:The game is on sale as part of the Steam Summer Sales.
Does it still have a few modes with broken slowdown and stuff? The game's recent update history mentions a few patches for Hibachi-related problems, but I can't find anything recent about the slowdown nor the 4-button freeze bug.
quick rundown:
leaderboards are fucked
downloaded replays are fucked
arrange A and B have no slowdown, will never be fixed, hibachi works now
the arrange A crash is still there, so is the fairly rare softlock on any mode
ketsuipachi works fine, 1.5 and 1.51 probably too
BL has some inaccuracies (stage 5 beginning side lasers generating hits at a double rate, less slowdown than 360 version)

you decide, if you want anything but ketsuipachi then just stick with 360
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Oh, wow. Didn't think it would be that bad. Thank you for this summary!
I guess I should simply give up on this game's PC port forever.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Bananamatic wrote:you decide, if you want anything but ketsuipachi then just stick with 360
1.5 is fine at least. I thought Ketsuipachi was still a little wonky in regards to speed (it's slightly too fast maybe?), but it's perfectly playable. 1.51 seemed ok too.

That said, I would not buy it at full price due to the number of things wrong with it, so now's the time.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

people were also saying that BL is "fine, maybe even better than the 360 version" then it turns out there's a bunch of weird stuff
there's a very real chance that 1.5 has the same stuff somewhere except no one found out yet
qmish

Post by qmish »

Edit:
I feel I need more practice for precise bullet evading.

Just wanted to ask if anybody insane enough to use gamepad's analog stick instead of d-pad
5pectre

Post by 5pectre »

I think Gus does this?
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

he plays on the dpad and I'm pretty sure he would be way better with a controller that doesn't suck balls
he's a bad role model for basically everything anyways
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

Bananamatic wrote:he plays on the dpad and I'm pretty sure he would be way better with a controller that doesn't suck balls
Maybe eventually but it'd take a whilst for him to learn a new controller as he's so accustomed to that thing. He bought a mad catz sf pad and hated it where as i always found those dpads pretty damn good.

Now the second point, he fucked his pet dog.... the guy clearly has some mental health issues perpetuated by taking every philosophical doctrine he reads as a gospel guide for his literal daily activities.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Cee wrote:
Bananamatic wrote:he plays on the dpad and I'm pretty sure he would be way better with a controller that doesn't suck balls
Maybe eventually but it'd take a whilst for him to learn a new controller as he's so accustomed to that thing. He bought a mad catz sf pad and hated it where as i always found those dpads pretty damn good.

Now the second point, he fucked his pet dog.... the guy clearly has some mental health issues perpetuated by taking every philosophical doctrine he reads as a gospel guide for his literal daily activities.
What did I miss the last few years?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

AntiFritz wrote: What did I miss the last few years?
(Mod edit: Link removed)

Gus went full degenerado, no idea if perfect laughter was involved.
BIL

Post by BIL »

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Cee wrote:(link removed)
Even if he's done some messed up stuff, doxxing is not cool. That link has some really, really personal info.
qmish

Post by qmish »

i cant believe such forums exist
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Cee wrote:(link removed)
Even if he's done some messed up stuff, doxxing is not cool. That link has some really, really personal info.
Completely agree why the person who made it had to include personal family info is beyond me, but still maybe he should of thought about that before upsetting whoever by committing disgusting acts on innocent animals and broadcasting it.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I'm more worried about his poor mother; having her personal address spread online when she already apparently has enough to deal with as is...

the moral of the story: never, ever go full shmup

BACK ON TOPIC -

D-Pads are great and all and I've gotten some good clears with some Hori controllers that have lovely D-Pads, but even those get to be smudgy over time... the more I use arcade sticks, the more I prefer their precision. Vastly preferable over a D-Pad.

Using an analog stick in a shmup that has no analog control seems odd. Even in shmups that have it I stick to the D-Pad. Better for tap dodging. (Gradius V and Ikaruga both support slow movement via analog IIRC)
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

:shock:
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

NickPalmerDegica wrote: :shock:
goodbye to futari on steam I guess