BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
emphatic

Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

Post by emphatic »

Eaglet wrote:When it comes to the game itself and the UI they've thought about exactly everything.
Praise Yagawa. PS4 doesn't do 4:3 full screen though, right?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

The Second Coming shall soon be upon us
Spoiler
Ako

Post by Ako »

consoles in 2016 Image
chempop

Post by chempop »

Insane :shock:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Hm, to get a PS4 then....that item counter, Boss timer, Rankgraph looks sweet...
Never_Scurred

Post by Never_Scurred »

Hopefully, this will get a physical release.
Hopefully, this will mean Batrider and Bakraid get some port love.
Hopefully.......legit IBARA port.
"It's a joke how the Xbox platform has caught shit for years for only having shooters, but now it's taken on an entirely different meaning."-somebody on NeoGAF
Watch me make Ketsui my bitch.
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

Wow, this is amazing!
KAI

Post by KAI »

I promised not to fap today but HOLY FUCK!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

iconoclast wrote:The real question: Will they make it an ~arcade accurate~ port and include input lag, or will we get an ez modo version without it?
With any luck there'll be an option for that like in the Futari port.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

blackoak wrote:awesome, i cant wait for this. any details/ideas about the port? I know M2 is known for quality, but I wonder if they'll be retooling the Saturn port, MAME-ing it, or porting the code from the original PCB?

IIRC, the Saturn port has a frame less of input lag, so it would be neat if they retained that. If they were porting the code from the pcb I'd be especially excited, since it could mean Batrider and Bakraid are in the wings...
THey're using original code to my knowledge.
There will be an option in game to choose between "lagless" Saturn style and PCB style lag.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Shepardus wrote:
iconoclast wrote:The real question: Will they make it an ~arcade accurate~ port and include input lag, or will we get an ez modo version without it?
But that would be bad unless they made separate leaderboards for each setting. (´-ω-`)
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Superb news. Hopefully it comes with extra bits like the bullet options.

On a selfish front it means savings through not having to ponder the Saturn version anymore. Regret not picking that one up sooner!
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

Excellent news! This is one Saturn game I kick myself for not buying 10 years ago, can't wait!

Edit - post 500!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

As far as I recall, the Saturn port was also pretty damn expensive 10 years ago.

Of course, PS4 version is gonna blow it out of the water ;)
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I imagine they're probably using an emulator with a bunch of tricks for all the cool features and UI stuff, but yeah super rad and I'm excite.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

As mentioned earlier, hopefully this means all the Battle games get ports, even if just digital after this. Garegga is not my favorite by far of their games, but that's not saying much as all of their shumps are of high quality. This is quite cool news!
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

M2 - Gods among men.
CRP

Post by CRP »

Wow :shock: .
Now if the third release "or later" on "M2 ShotTriggers" label will be a Toaplan title , DAMN.
Looking on the hardware that runs Garegga http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=967 that dosent feel that far fetch anymore.
And if M2 hunted down the license to Garegga and then im betting on that they for sure looking for a toaplan license aswell.

They hardware that runs Dangun also shows promising future releases http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=803

Well im buying a ps4 when Dangun or Garegga get released. Hope they consider a pc version of "M2 ShotTriggers" later on. I glady double-dip and support M2 as much as possible, if i hade the money i would buy stock in M2 now :D
Tregard

Post by Tregard »

And the new PS4 model gets announced tomorrow. Sold!
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

sweet Jesus!!
STGAlmond

Post by STGAlmond »

I hope it eventually gets a PC version. Either way its exciting news. Hoping to see more of the ps4 games come to PC such as caladrius and dangun too.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

iconoclast wrote:
Shepardus wrote:
But that would be bad unless they made separate leaderboards for each setting. (´-ω-`)
Not really. A port is already separate from the arcade version (that's why it's a port), so you might as well use the absolute best setting. You'll never see the arcade scores for Crimzon Clover on the Steam port, even though it's as 1:1 as you can really get while still being able to call it a port. Problem solved.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
MathU

Post by MathU »

Batrider and Dimahoo ports when?
STGAlmond wrote:I hope it eventually gets a PC version. Either way its exciting news. Hoping to see more of the ps4 games come to PC such as caladrius and dangun too.
This, but let's make sure they're real PC ports and not Steam Platform Releases™.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Wowzers, definitely wasn't expecting this...here's hoping we in the West won't have to jump through too many hoops to get our mitts on it!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

The inclusion of the UI looks like the most interesting thing about the port. Some may call it clutter, but seeing exactly how the rank is working in-game is really amazing for something as convoluted (under the surface) as Garegga.
MathU wrote:Batrider and Dimahoo ports when?
STGAlmond wrote:I hope it eventually gets a PC version. Either way its exciting news. Hoping to see more of the ps4 games come to PC such as caladrius and dangun too.
This, but let's make sure they're real PC ports and not Steam Platform Releases™.
Playism releases for M2 shootemups would be a dream come true. I doubt that will happen for another few years though. :cry:

Still, hope springs eternal when these otherwise "forgotten" arcade games suddenly see the light of day.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

I really, really hope these don't end up being shovelware ports. Honestly as long as the fundamentals are right I'll be pleasantly surprised, tate mode, button config, playable with d-pad and not just analog stick so all joysticks will work, no forced continues if you hit any button, etc.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Jeneki wrote:I really, really hope these don't end up being shovelware ports. Honestly as long as the fundamentals are right I'll be pleasantly surprised, tate mode, button config, playable with d-pad and not just analog stick so all joysticks will work, no forced continues if you hit any button, etc.
M2 did the largely excellent Futari port, and while it's been 7 years, I'd like to hope that we can expect some base level of competency from these ports.

The Famitsu article also describes the ShotTriggers initiative (quoting M2?) as "thoroughly meticulous" ports, which is encouraging.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Yes I know M2's history. But I'd rather people say something now than assume the best and stay silent, and regret it later. Different console, and not everyone works the same job over the course of several years so it may not even be the same team.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Excellent.

Hopefully there's something in here that justifies the "Rev." in the title. Fingers crossed for a kickass Arrange mode.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
PAPER/ARTILLERY

Post by PAPER/ARTILLERY »

So when do the arguments about validity of scores on the new version start? Just curious
Freedom Is Not Defined By Safety