SCORE RUSH EXTENDED 撃点 - RELEASED ON PS4!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ATTRACTS

Re: [PS4] SCORE RUSH EXTENDED 撃点 - Release Date: May 31, 201

Post by ATTRACTS »

Day one for me as well man. Congrats and good luck!!!!
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

ATTRACTS,

Thank you! I'll need the luck! The PS4 platform is powerful, but the competition is intimidating to small indies!!
Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
Score Rush Extended [PS4]: viewtopic.php?t=55520
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Score Rush Extended trophies are now posted online:
http://www.truetrophies.com/Score-Rush- ... ophies.htm
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Release day is today. Still no sign of the game in the PlayStation Store.

P.S. If anyone gets the game, please sign up and add me (Xonatron) in TrueTrophies. It will track our trophy progress and I can see what you unlock. It will also show you what percent of other players unlock what:
http://www.truetrophies.com/Score-Rush- ... ophies.htm
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Score Rush Extended officially launched on the PlayStation Store, just this hour!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/ ... USH0000000
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Purchased and downloading now!
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Grabbed it. Played a handful of credits and I'm in love all over again. Just a quick suggestion, maybe add in an enemy viewer listing hp, pt value, and maybe a funny anecdote about each enemy (wishful thinking, but could be hilarious). It would be interesting from a scoring perspective to see what different enemies base score values are to start prioritizing things on a run. I'd assume the general idea is more hp= more points? It would also be nice to have a replay viewer for the top few runs on the scoreboards, but I imagine that's probably a bit harder to pull off. Anyway, great job and hopefully this sells a ton of copies.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Very nice game man, congrats.
Controls are fluid and responsive, framerate is fast and steady and the chaos ramps up nicely after level 3. Really liking the need to use all of the screen to survive and the way the bosses alter their attacks midway through each encounter. Simple gameplay but it has the "one more round" appeal that a game like Geometry Wars has. I also thought the ability to alter bullet colors in the options was a nice touch. My only complaint would be that the music is a little grating after a few minutes. Would be nice to have an additional track or two in there.

For 9.00, this is a nice, quick shooter. Good luck with the sales and congrats!
Brian

Re: SCORE RUSH EXTENDED 撃点 - RELEASED ON PS4!

Post by Brian »

I rarely, if ever post here, but wanted to extend my congrats on this gem of a game. Loved it in its original guise and now love it all over again. Great work and thank you for bringing this together.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

No SRE in Germany ??? That`s bullshit :( Thank you :roll:
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

silvergunner wrote:No SRE in Germany ??? That`s bullshit :( Thank you :roll:
Roll your eyes at Sony. I'm willing to bet it's not the guy who made the game's decision.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

ATTRACTS,

Thank you! I hope you enjoy! I love that you find the controls fluid and the game "addictive".

brokenhalo,

Thank you too! I would love to do detailed enemy breakdowns, however it is beyond the scope of the game. The score is based off hit points, and the scoring system does not know how an enemy has hit points (is it from design? from a higher difficulty mode? something else I could theoretically put in the game?). It just gives points based on hit points. This is why scores from one difficulty mode actually translated to other modes. EXCEPT there are multipliers for mid-bosses and bosses, as they are not just hard in hit points, but also in attack. So that's all you really need to know. ONE MORE TIDBIT: Score is also based on enemy attack, but it is an equivalent multiplier in any given difficulty. When you jump up to EXPERT or GODLIKE then the increase in attack is added to the score. If the attack were to shoot out 2x as much in a given difficulty mode, then you would get 2x the points.

Brian,

Thanks so much for coming in and posting for us! We appreciate the note!

silvergunner,

It is coming to Germany, but it will be AT LEAST June 10th, 2016, which means maybe a bit longer. The delay is related to translations. Issues that would be boring to explain and sound like complaining. Apologies for this delay!
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

We got a MetaCritic rating for the first time ever, in all of our games! 81. We hope it stays 75 or above as the big shots come in and rate our game downward. They are ripping on our visuals, and it is something we will have to address in future releases.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... h-extended
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Looks like SRE is getting some good news from Siliconera, lol. X3

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/02/fo ... %E7%82%B9/
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

ATTRACTS wrote:
silvergunner wrote:No SRE in Germany ??? That`s bullshit :( Thank you :roll:
Roll your eyes at Sony. I'm willing to bet it's not the guy who made the game's decision.
Yes, know that.After my posting I create an us account and bought the game...problem solved ;-)
I didn`t play the first game but this one is great and I really enjoy it :D Thanks @ Xona Games
Doctor Butler

Post by Doctor Butler »

It's up!

https://youtu.be/lLZFMGBWVkM

Congrats on your metacritic score, btw!
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Man, currently ranked 14th on Normal. Love this game.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

After a bunch of credits got a score over 74,xxx,xxx (Rank 72-edited- Solo) ,was able to beat boss 5.
This game is awesome and could be my favourite twin stick shooter :D
Visuals,soundeffects and scoremechanics are fantastic,I love it!
Shmup fans should buy this,you will have a lot of fun...
Last edited by silvergunner on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

You guys are awesome!
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

And here's some other awesome people: Now that some reviews are out, here are quote I mined for xona.com/scorerush:

• "Best pure shooter I've ever played." - Jason Rosner

"Shmups make the world a better place." - Derrick Hopkins

"*Raises eyebrow.* Hmm… this seems like my cup of tea. A cooperative bullet hell on a console I own (and have two controllers for)? Yes please." - RougeMephilesClone

"If anything in Score Rush matches its intensity, then it has to be its sense of old-school purity. Forget all the plot waffle and character-building---just shoot and move. It really is that simple, and Score Rush Extended embraces it in such a way that it feeds off that nostalgia-soaked gameplay loop, making it both incredibly accessible, and maddeningly tough." - PlayStation Universe

"The pure intensity thrust upon you so quickly is amplified by the delightfully chugging metal soundtrack by Dragon Music that almost seems to be encouraging you to unleash your bullet-based fury upon." - PlayStation Universe

"Without even trying, Score Rush breaks you out into a sweat within minutes, as the screen begins to resemble a children’s ball pool, with all the colored globes of murder splashing around the place." - PlayStation Universe

"...you can eventually power up your main weapon to be a fountain of neon death that takes up half the screen." - Everything Action

"...[Score Rush Extended] also allows up to four player co-op, something I haven’t tried and I don’t think my brain would even be able to process it." - Everything Action

"If you’re a fan of bullet hell shmups, Score Rush Extended is one of the best I’ve played in a while..." - Everything Action

"It plays so well, and on the PS4 it's smooooooth. It feels good. It's challenging. It's addictive. And I told you this before... but I think playing Score Rush [Extended] will make you smarter. Which should be the tag line of a review." - MudMonger

"I think it's a perfect game." - MudMonger

"So it's classic, "Fuck you. Get Good." ... I like it." - SML Podcast

"...there was just so many fucking bullets." - SML Podcast

"[Score Rush Extended] is like Geometry Wars and a bullet hell had a fucked up mutant baby... that was tripping on acid." - SML Podcast

"[Xona Games] did the Decimation series too which is also excellent. These guys are really good at doing retro modernized. A bit like Housemarque. Maybe Sony should think about swooping them up before somebody else does. I think I remember some rumblings of MS being interested quite a while back." - WiIIyTheAntelope3

"Score Rush [Extended] is honestly one of the most fun twin stick shooters I've ever played." - WiIIyTheAntelope3

"Score Rush Extended [is] a solid, back-to-basics shooter that truly tests your arcade skills. Its bullet hell gameplay is nicely tuned to be highly challenging and addictive, and it's just plain fun to play. If you're a fan of hardcore shooters, definitely check it out." - US Gamer

"...what Score Rush Extended sets out to do, it does really well. Its polished, frenetic gameplay has been nicely tuned to make it an addictive title that should have high appeal to those who enjoy challenging, hardcore shooters." - US Gamer

"With its loud, thrash metal soundtrack and busy visuals, Score Rush Extended is an enjoyable, stripped-down shooter that's a great test of your arcade skills. Its controls feel good, and its difficulty curve ramps up quite evenly, with bosses becoming ever more complex over time. This helps make the game one that you tend to improve at incrementally, which gives it high one-more-go appeal. Its classic design also means it's a game that you'll come back to over time, whenever you fancy scratching that shoot 'em up itch, or want to see if you can improve your score on its online leaderboards." - US Gamer

I like the comedy ones. I just do. Do you think it helps? It's ironic that the reviews I appreciate the most are the ones where the reviewer truly understands the game and its design decisions. I appreciate these reviews more than you can know! It is amazing to be understood, in any aspect of life. However, the quotes that seem best for marketing are purely emotional rants.
silvergunner

Post by silvergunner »

@ Xonatron

I did open a thread about SRE in the germans biggest gaming forum (Nexgam),
hope it will help to sell a bunch more copies...you are welcome :wink:
I took some of the pictures and the great bullet heaven hd review,hope this is okay

http://www.nexgam.de/forum/thread/88674 ... ullethell/
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

silvergunner,

It is more than Ok. It is great! Thank you! This is how games do well, when fans talk about them and share them around so the more common mainstream gamers start to pick them up too. Thank you.

P.S. The Bullet Heaven HD review was insane. A perfect score.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Just popping in to say that Score Rush was one of the best, if not THE best, games released on XBLIG. And a very, very good shooter taken on its own merits. Score Rush definitely elevates itself above and distinguishes itself from all the samey arena shooters that got released during that era. Very much a traditional bullet hell with great mechanics and (for once in the genre) really fun, accessible multiplayer. Gave it a bit of a shoutout in an article I wrote a while back: https://catstronaut.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -shooters/

Best of luck with this release, guys. You really put out a great game!
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

I bought it during the Plus discounts. Pretty fun man. The heavy metal music cracks me up because of the minimalism mixed with the intensity.

Loving it. Great work adding more shmup goodness to the PSN library.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Special World,

Wow, thank you so much! Compliments like this -- appreciation of the game like this -- is what makes it great to be a game developer!

ZaKa-tokyobassist,

The music -- by Dragon Music -- was specifically designed to be an NES or Genesis style soundtrack that was covered by real instruments. Simple enough to not dominate the audio of the game and get stuck in your head!
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Sony launched Score Rush Extended (Xona Games) in non-English Europe on the PS4 today, June 13th, 2016. It covers French, Italian, German, and Spanish speaking countries (Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain, Switzerland).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/score-rush-extended/cid=EP0698-CUSA05423_00-SCORERUSH0000000

So that completes our NA and EU releases. Next is JP (Japan).
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

We have managed to maintain our 81 Metacritic score after a few more reviews made there way in:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... h-extended
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Xonatron, the game sounds great and I'm happy for the reception you seem to be getting. Are you able to comment at all on an Xbox One release at this time? For me personally, that controller is a much better fit for twinstick control.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

bigbadboaz,

Just the nature of the game, even if I was working on an Xbox One or Steam (PC) release -- being the two top most wanted platforms for it -- I would not be able to say. An example is that Sony had to be the first to mention the news of the PS4 or else it would not have been news and they would not wish to mention old news on their blog.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/ ... on-may-31/

So I will say that the want for these platforms has been heard and hopefully the game succeeds enough on PS4 to warrant us continuing to exist.
Noid

Post by Noid »

Just got 100% of the trophies in the game on PS4! Fantastic shmup, I'll continue to play on Expert to unlock Godlike and get my butt on that leaderboard. :D

Thanks for bringing it to the PS4, I at least really appreciate it.

Oh and sidenote, fyi, I'll be doing a trophy guide for the game with a few videos in the next little bit, so feel free to look for that over on playstationtrophies.org! It'll be on the subforum for the game here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/foru ... -extended/