DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Glick

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Glick »

trap15 wrote:A friend has his running at 2560x1440, so.
That's what I'm running it at as well:
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Can anyone explain the detached unit burst? Sometimes, it just won't rotate, and there's absolutely no indication given as to why.

Likewise, sometimes right after I've done the Border Down style burst, I can't burst again until I've shot something, even though I've got plenty of energy.

Really wish I had a dual monitor setup. Arcade mode is nearly unplayable on my setup, and CS's level design seems really half-assed.
bulbousbeard

Post by bulbousbeard »

I only see 2560x1440 if I enable DSR in the Nvidia settings, which is really strange, because my monitor's native resolution is 1440p.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Obscura wrote:Can anyone explain the detached unit burst? Sometimes, it just won't rotate, and there's absolutely no indication given as to why.
With Legend it turns to face away from your position, and with another whose name I can't remember it turns to face your position, so the "sensitivity" per se depends on your distance from the burst unit. Just imagine a line going through your ship and the burst unit and that's the direction it'll try to turn to face. Also it doesn't rotate while you're firing, and there seems to be a short cooldown after your previous burst before you can use the burst again.
Last edited by Shepardus on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Shepardus wrote:Also it doesn't rotate while you're firing.
THAT'S the key I was missing! Thanks!
boagman

Post by boagman »

Elixir wrote:Found some images of the Vita version.

Image Image Image

I regret preordering the Vita limited edition. I'll probably just straight up sell it once it arrives.

images taken from here
You regret it because...why, exactly?
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Nice. They either fixed the slowdown and brought back the resolutions that vanished, or they reverted to an earlier build before those issues cropped up. In either case, it's nice to see the game running smoothly on my 1600x900 laptop again. Happy shmup-times ahead.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Game runs great at 1440p here on an SLI GTX780 setup, Win10. I think GSYNC is turned on too, but I did have to go into NVIDIA drivers to limit refresh to slow it down. I hooked up 2 x 1080p 32" TVs to each video card and disabled SLI so I could run 2 monitors, and the game is pretty choppy on dual screen. Went back to one TV and it works fine. It's amazing with 2 screens, and the buttkicker on my chair is going crazy (dat bass!). Not sure how to fix the stuttering, but I'm not going to keep 2 monitors connected (especially since my 34" 1440p 21:9 monitor is coming next week!) beyond this weekend. Just want to see if anyone has any tips.

I also have to disconnect my Razer Orbweaver to play, as it pushes my arcade stick to player 2. Miner annoyance, but I have similar issues with Crimson Clover on Steam as well. Tomorrow, I'm going to try playing this on my 55" main TV through the Steam Link device and see how that goes.
Steelix100

Post by Steelix100 »

I'm sad because AC mode actually lags occasionally on my computer ):
ADH route ruined )):
Casual shmup player
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

bulbousbeard wrote: You can't even map all 4 players to unique keys on the keyboard.
Wait, is it even possible to play with 4 people at a time on one keyboard?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

The only way, apart from the arcade cab setup, to properly play it dual-screen would be with a dual projector gapless setup. A monitor's bezel splitting the game just looks lame
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

spmbx wrote:The only way, apart from the arcade cab setup, to properly play it dual-screen would be with a dual projector gapless setup. A monitor's bezel splitting the game just looks lame
Eh, it's not terrible really. I've got about an inch and a half or so of space between the actualy screens of my two monitors and it still works great.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Not had the chance to play yet (came out 3.30am over here in blighty and I have work in 15 mins) but I would like to say thanks to Degica for not screwing us UK people over with the currency conversion.
rtw

Post by rtw »

Durandal wrote:Wait, is it even possible to play with 4 people at a time on one keyboard?
Requires a controller with no ghosting at least.
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Played this for much longer than I should have today. Mostly worked on A-D-H to practice counterbursting until I got the clear but also played a little bit of Chronicles mode and CS mode. The game runs very smoothly on my laptop, except for framerate drops during the boss warning and boss explosions in CS mode (not in AC mode, though, since it's rendering at a lower resolution there to fit on the screen). I guess this doesn't need to be said considering this is Darius we're talking about, but I'm really impressed by the music, especially in the AC mode stages I've played where the tracks flow into and complement each other really well.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ratsflif

Post by ratsflif »

On 3 screens

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

O_O it works on three screens!

I'm still stoked I managed to get some counterbursts off during the livesteam, haha.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Do the green laser attacks some bosses have ignore shields? I almost cleared ADH route, but I got hit by one of those with a shield on and asploded. Or, at least I think that's what I got hit by. Screen gets pretty busy sometimes.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Mac folks: works great under Wineskin, you'll need to winetricks d3d9_43, d3dcompiler, xact_jun2010

That'll get you up with one monitor. Want glorious dual monitor DBCS? Download a wine-staging build from here:
https://mega.nz/#F!2sI3xZha!A9IikQlMAOAcX8r4l4l7rg

Put it in ~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines

Change your wrapper's engine (or create a wrapper with) to the wine-staging engine you downloaded.

Now the important part: Make sure in the OSX system preferences, under Mission Control you have "Displays have separate Spaces" UNCHECKED. If it was previously checked before you'll have to logout and re-login to get it to work.

Enjoy huge fish.
Vally

Post by Vally »

rtw wrote:
Durandal wrote:Wait, is it even possible to play with 4 people at a time on one keyboard?
Requires a controller with no ghosting at least.
And a Non-USB keyboard.

Even if you use a mechanical keyboard with an infinite key rollover, the USB protocol limits 7 simultaneous key presses I believe.

Complaining that you can't play 4 players on 1 keyboard is absolutely ridiculous.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

goddamit, JP version is delayed so I can`t even buy the english version until january unless I get it gifted.

Its a fucking STG, how much text info do you need?
Satan
Banned User

Post by Satan »

zakk wrote:Mac folks: works great under Wineskin, you'll need to winetricks d3d9_43, d3dcompiler, xact_jun2010

That'll get you up with one monitor. Want glorious dual monitor DBCS? Download a wine-staging build from here:
https://mega.nz/#F!2sI3xZha!A9IikQlMAOAcX8r4l4l7rg

Put it in ~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines

Change your wrapper's engine (or create a wrapper with) to the wine-staging engine you downloaded.

Now the important part: Make sure in the OSX system preferences, under Mission Control you have "Displays have separate Spaces" UNCHECKED. If it was previously checked before you'll have to logout and re-login to get it to work.

Enjoy huge fish.
Mac, it's just works!
"A bleeding heart welcomes the sharks."
rtw

Post by rtw »

Fantastic game, I really get a good feeling inside me when I manage to counter-burst.

Now we need a physical release and merc :mrgreen: I would kill for a king fossil t-shirt.

Maybe games-glorious can be persuaded ? http://gamesglorious-international.com/
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
1up

Post by 1up »

I want this so bad but have no idea where to buy it?

x91

Post by x91 »

Blackbird wrote:Ugh, there's a duplicate up. The builds have the exact same content, but one has artifact pricing. You want the one on top @ 40 USD.

In any case, DariusBurst CS is now live! Please enjoy playing.
Looks like I'm the only one that stupid enough to buy the expensive duplicate, and I can't get my money back now because I played a whole afternoon.

ty volvo
The newer version of Chinese Leaderboard is here! Check it out :>
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

x91 wrote:
Blackbird wrote:Ugh, there's a duplicate up. The builds have the exact same content, but one has artifact pricing. You want the one on top @ 40 USD.

In any case, DariusBurst CS is now live! Please enjoy playing.
Looks like I'm the only one that stupid enough to buy the expensive duplicate, and I can't get my money back now because I played a whole afternoon.

ty volvo
I'm sure they'll refund you the difference, or just refund you period and so you can repurchase it. It was their mistake, so contact Steam support and get them started on fixing it.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

1up wrote:I want this so bad but have no idea where to buy it?

I think you missed the boat on those, they were available at HEY in Akiba for a limited time, think they sold out within a week.
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Anybody having issues with high scores showing up under ranking? When I load up ACEX my score shows on the attract mode but it doesn't appear under the ranking front end. Also, is there some particular mode you need to be in for the 30,000,000 and 50,000,000 point achievements to pop? I've done these both in AC and neither of them have popped.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Though YES, i also had a problem of "40 fps unless u switch display to 60 hz" with Ether Vapor, Alltynex 2nd, Astebreed and others.
RecklessRave

Post by RecklessRave »

Icarus wrote:I play the PS4 version using an X360 Hori VLX and a CronusMAX Plus adapter. Aside from requiring a USB hub to implement Cross-Over Authentication, it works a treat.
http://cronusmax.com/

I've been unlocking some of the new planets in Chronicle Mode on Cabinet 0011. If you want to assist, aim straight for the red map nodes, which will unlock further planets when cleared - unless they have a "One Credit Clear" restriction, you can continue in them to clear them, but it only registers your score from the first credit.
That's how I hope to be playing soon too...I am awaiting arrival of a USB hub currently. I am also on the PS4 version, on cab 0011, and I unlocked one new planet yesterday, and one the day before that. My scores are total crap though and I can't even complete the 1CC missions yet. But it was nice to start up Chronicle mode yesterday and see that some progress had been made since I played the day before!