I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shepardus

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Shepardus »

1CC'd Darius Gaiden (with autofire).

I used 15Hz autofire rather than 30Hz because 30Hz tends to leave annoying gaps in the shot pattern, and the attract mode demo uses 15Hz. It was a little harder than I expected (failed a couple times) but still pretty easy after the time I've spent playing this game without autofire. I want to go back and try to do this without autofire sometime and maybe play some Darius Gaiden Extra too, but not right now.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

congrats sheppers!
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Nice one, what route do you clear? that "Gaiden" route?

I'll try ABDHMSX someday.
harduser

Post by harduser »

also,Since I saw this post,http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1163851\

I decided to post this:

Here is another run using the A-S to 1cc the "very hard" diffculty of Black Label,but the score is lower than my B-S(finished it at 2015.11.30)

In this run I used the 2miss of Hibachi(safer than the B-S's run)
(I think the diffculty is less than WL,but only a little)

Here is my input file(shmupmame 2.2):http://www.mediafire.com/download/t66c9 ... %BC%89.inp
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

1CC'd Magic Sword yesterday. Score was 6,302,246 but wasn't exactly doing a score run haha. Great game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUzVFGVKDMY
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Finally got 1CC on Eschatos Original Normal

Always had stupid deaths that cost me 1CC before, glad to have it now

And with video proof ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuW_9hZtsDs
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Finally got a 1cc in Gun Frontier....pure survival.
Time to hunt those scores now...
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Another Konami clear: this time the highly enjoyable saccharine-yet-prickly Detana!! Twinbee on the PCE. The last few levels can be truly terrifying, in typical Konami fashion. I look forward to seeing if any of my hard work will transfer over to the Saturn's Twinbee Deluxe Pack.
monouchi wrote:Finally got a 1cc in Gun Frontier....pure survival.
Time to hunt those scores now...
Whoa! Really impressed. Stage 3 onwards is a nightmare for me. I don't know how you managed stage 5's endless assault, but you've got my respect.
Emma

Post by Emma »

Beat Mushihimesama Original Mode today with a final score of 29,833,727. My first real 1cc, wohoo

Video
microfolk

Post by microfolk »

1cc in Darius Gaiden babby's route (but no autofire!)
This came much sooner than expected (and thus I didn't save the inputs orz), it was my first time playing the last zone and I spent half of it bombing, Risk Storage was quite intense, especially because I had to use every single life and bomb left to beat it.
What an amazing game~
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations! There's nothing quite like that desperate feeling you have once you've decided that the only way you are going to win against a Darius boss is to bomb-spam and point blank until one of you two bite the bullet.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I finally got a score 1CC with Dyne that I'm happy with, managed the Midi milk, but lost my chain at the very end of st3, lucking built it back up before st4 waterfall.
Emma wrote:Beat Mushihimesama Original Mode today with a final score of 29,833,727. My first real 1cc, wohoo
Congrats, you'll always remember your first! :oops:

Mushi arrange on PS2 was my second CAVE 1CC after Deathsmiles, not sure how I managed that TLB (luck)!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Congrats on those Ibara scores chempop !
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

All those Darius Gaiden clears remind me that I should get the NMNB one day, I'm unfortunately really bad at the game (and don't particularly like it to be frank :?). Special congratulations to microfolk for not using autofire. :)
EmperorIng wrote:Another Konami clear: this time the highly enjoyable saccharine-yet-prickly Detana!! Twinbee on the PCE. The last few levels can be truly terrifying, in typical Konami fashion. I look forward to seeing if any of my hard work will transfer over to the Saturn's Twinbee Deluxe Pack.
To answer your question in the high score thread (Mero already did, but anyway): you get a lot more points if you keep the bell chain going. The wicked aspect about this is that the rank gets much higher if you score well. I was shocked how much harder the final boss was at full rank compared to his lackluster presence when I first cleared the game with a much lower score. It's still no comparison to the arcade games, however, those are simply evil. :cry:

Might as well drop my assorted Irem & Konami 2-ALLs of the last weeks since I'm at it:

- Cleared Mahou Keibitai Gun Hohki which seems to be almost forgotten among shmup fans even though both the gameplay and the scoring system are great. Unlike most other Irem games which drop most if not all signs of mercy when you die on the second loop this one has instant respawns with not that much of a penalty. Granted, especially 2-6 is extremely rough and the few seconds it takes to materialize again might be enough to kill the entire run, but it wouldn't be an Irem game without any sort of retaliation for a mistake. This game should definitely see more activity, there are so many secrets and possible refinements for scoring to discover - you can pioneer there, in fact!

- Xexex is probably my toughest clear so far, second loop has distressing bullet speed and a barrage of mean tricks up its sleeve. I really don't understand how so many complaints were geared toward the reputed "stupidity" of the Flint, it's extremely simple: the more tentacles it has the slower it is; it always moves in the direction of the closest enemy. That's it. The PSP version is exactly the same, by the way, the "enhanced AI" is nothing but an urban myth. Checkpoint recovery is astonishingly balanced even in most spots of loop 2 despite the difficulty, I was pleasantly surprised by that. I'd say this is certainly of the best R-Type epigones out there as is to be expected from a Konami game.

- Managed to beat both the World version and the (substantially in case of the second loop) harder Japan version of Image Fight. It feels like duelling a fundamentally evil chess computer, just with ships instead of gaming pieces. It's very enjoyable to figure out the devious traps in the second loop, developing alternate strategies for cases of emergency. I had to resort to two of these in the Japan version since I lost my laser enhancement in stage 2-3 and I couldn't get the magic pixel to work in 2-7. 2-5 was completely extemporaneous, though.

- Salamander 2 is on the opposite end of the spectrum regarding the relationship between planning/execution. While undoubtedly much easier than Image Fight and Xexex, it still gave me a lot of trouble due to the high ship speed (which is necessary for both scoring and survival in the second loop) and the amount of improvisational dodging one has to pull off (and the final boss is indeed truly scary in the second loop since the rank doesn't drop at all if you die there). Lovely, lovely game, I'm glad I could get a decent score after quite a few runs.
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Damn Perikles, that's quite the onslaught of games right there, you never cease to impress! I'd love to see another one of your 1CC ranking lists updated for all these arcade clears some day. I know you have disagreed with that Japanese wiki in several spots and it would be interesting to see your list in comparison.
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

How many hours a day do you play STGs Perikles? I would have to play 10 hours a day to match your 1CC output!
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

pegboy wrote:Damn Perikles, that's quite the onslaught of games right there, you never cease to impress! I'd love to see another one of your 1CC ranking lists updated for all these arcade clears some day. I know you have disagreed with that Japanese wiki in several spots and it would be interesting to see your list in comparison.
I actually keep a list of games where I drastically disagree with the Japanese wiki (which is to say five points or more, everything else I consider to be within the statistical norm), I was thinking about bumping the topic once I got a sufficient amount of clears. I do think it is mostly pretty accurate, but some games are just completely off (the most extreme cases being Dragon Saber which should be much higher up and Strike Gunner S.T.G which should be near the bottom of the list instead of being fairly high up there).
The Armchair General wrote:How many hours a day do you play STGs Perikles?
It depends on the mood and day, but I rarely play over two hours a day since I lose focus after a while. I've had a few longer sessions with marathon runs (the Slap Fight Special and Override counterstops as well as a few Gradius games come to mind) or where I stubbornly tried to get a successful run even if it meant to play into late hours, but I generally don't do that since the time/efficiency ratio steadily decreases when I try to force something. This is especially true for execution-heavy games, I need to be able to concentrate properly in order to play these.
splitt442

Post by splitt442 »

Just cleared Deathsmiles! I know it's not that tough but it feels nice to get it under my belt!
CRI

Post by CRI »

just got my first god mode clear with 3,4bil. :D
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Nice one!
CRI

Post by CRI »

thanks guys.
really appreciated. :D
replay for that run is now online. (see youtube thread or high score forum)
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Got the DaiOuJou Black Label 1-ALL

This felt like it came out nowhere tbh, I didn't think I'd learned the game enough.
To be honest I just remembered I had a B button.

Still, I felt like my skills had gone to shit in the past few months so this is nice.
=]

I'm gonna try and do it again for a recording (maybe with Exy this time), then it's onwards to a tougher challenge.
Last edited by Blinge on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Congrats on all the clears, guys!
Blinge wrote:This felt like it came out nowhere tbh, I didn't think I'd learned the game enough.
To be honest I just remembered I had a B button.
I feel similarly about my DOJBL 1-ALL, I barely knew anything in stage 5 and wasn't consistent at anything in stage 4 past the opening section. My strategy for stage 5 was just letting the bullets collect as long as possible before bombing them away, then repeating and hoping I didn't run out of resources before the end. What ship type did you use? I barely got through with A-L but I imagine with Shotia it'd be easier to bombspam.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Shepardus wrote:Shotia it'd be easier to bombspam.
he knows all my secrets! all my B-S!

in ST5 I managed to pull off some of the best herding/U streaming I've ever done, too.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Shitload of win of this here page. Enjoy your accomplishments people.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
yorgje

Post by yorgje »

today I got a 5cc of Touhou 07: Perfect Cherry Blossom with a score of 30 million points.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Wow! Nice work blinge, congrats on the doj bl clear! 8) it wasn't so far in the future as you'd thought.

On another note... Fuck ibara.
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

Blinge wrote:Got the DaiOuJou Black Label 1-ALL.
Nice! Now try White label :evil:
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Finally got my ESP Ra.De clear. This game is tougher than I thought it'd be, and the uneven hitbox (it's slightly below the neck, and not in the middle of the body like I thought for a while) is something that I'm still not completely comfortable with. My score is probably crap, but hey, I'm just happy to have this clear out of the way for now.