I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
harrytasker

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by harrytasker »

Finally got my 2nd 1CC, adrenaline still going

http://i.imgur.com/V5ibPln.jpg
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Whoa, congrats man!! :D

Will you push the game further for score? One less death means 10mill.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

Plasmo wrote:Whoa, congrats man!! :D

Will you push the game further for score? One less death means 10mill.
hah, I dunno if I'm good enough to plan scoring yet, I got the 1cc by the skin of my teeth (no stocks or bombs left on stage 5)

admittedly I did have a few stupid deaths where i hadn't spent any bombs that would have definitely lead to a significantly better score
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Recently did Ikaruga Normal survival clear. After some break will try to do score runs. I love this game.
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

was feeling good about myself after getting my 2nd 1CC with Mushi the other day, got my DDP DFK 1-ALL first run of the night

http://i.imgur.com/4unlkC3.jpg
ReSe2k

Post by ReSe2k »

Nice, would you say DFK 1.5 is harder than Mushihimesama?
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

ReSe2k wrote:Nice, would you say DFK 1.5 is harder than Mushihimesama?
um, its hard for me to say really

i completed DFK much faster than mushi (3hr in DFK vs 7hr in Mushi) but thats probably just due to getting better (for reference, my first 1cc with Crimzon Clover took 13hr)

i'm probably going to give the edge to DFK tho, even with bullet cancels in hyper mode there's just so much more stuff to dodge and i find the score based extends easier to get in mushi, not to mention those laser wheels in stage 5 are the bane of my existence
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

IMO the autobombs make DFK 1.5 easier than Mushihimesama (unless you're talking about Mushihimesama Original 1.5 non-Max). You get enough of them that you can be quite careless through most of the game and still have enough to bomb through the laser wheels.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
harrytasker

Post by harrytasker »

Shepardus wrote:IMO the autobombs make DFK 1.5 easier than Mushihimesama (unless you're talking about Mushihimesama Original 1.5 non-Max). You get enough of them that you can be quite careless through most of the game and still have enough to bomb through the laser wheels.
sure, but even with strong style i tried to manually bomb as much as i could

autobomb is a bad crutch and doesnt help you improve imo
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Well if you choose not to take advantage of autobombing then that's a self-imposed restriction. Sure autobomb is a crutch and doesn't help you improve at much, but the point is that you can 1-ALL DFK 1.5 with hardly any improvement at all because it's that forgiving.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

1CC'd Judgement Silversword's boss rush Special Mode! Seriously intense, did it live at a shmupmeet too and finally unlocked the secret ship. Barely scraped by the clear, ended with 0 extra lives in stock. o_O
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I had five games that I had made progress to the final boss, got distracted, and never finished what I started. Happy to say that list is now one lighter:

Espgaluda 2 BL
Progear
Akai Katana Zetsu
Jamestown

Blue Wish Resurrection - Original - ALL - Autobomb off - Wait On

Clears don't come often for me, have to take 'em when I can:D

My score was nothing to write home about, but I don't think I am finished with BWR just yet.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

^
Well done! That game's rad! And it can get very stressful.
About the score, I finished with around twenty millions. As I gave little attention to scoring, I dont need comparison to know that its a low one.

1ccs dont come often AT ALL for me too (counting 4 now), but I believe that it takes time.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

My score was 23 million and change with the hope.

I cleared it again later on with Eden and scored 27 million. Not super concerned with route optimization for more points, but cleaning up my runs and finishing with more lives would improve it quite a bit.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

I dont remember very well, but I dont think the scoring is much more than spare bombs/lives and no misses
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

wgogh wrote:I dont remember very well, but I dont think the scoring is much more than spare bombs/lives and no misses
Lives are a major factor in scoring, particularly in BWR+ since there's a massive end bonus to be had. If you score high enough in BWR+, you'll get an extra life during the score tally after the final boss and that'll add a nice chunk to your score!

There's a fair bit of extra points to be had from improving pointblanking to maximize the point item values when you collect them, popping the treasure chests early so you get as much score out of them, and using 2-3 bombs during the stage 5 midboss which will allow you to speedkill it and trigger a really lucrative wave of enemies. Scoring's very similar to Mushihimesama Futari - you have to work on scoring in stages as well as work on clearing with a large stock of lives to get a good score. Bombs don't seem to be quite as important for score so it's always better to use them than risk dying since lives are worth a bunch of points.

It's not as significant, but there's also a chunk of points to be had from killing bosses with the shot type that gives you the most points because there's a good per-hit bonus. Hope and Eden get the most points from their laser, but Wish and Peace need to use their weaker shots on bosses (the spreadshot and the lockon shot) to maximize their scores. Peace in particular is the highest scoring ship because it can get a massive boost to score from all the hits it gets on bosses when using its 'laser' lockon shot. This is risky though, since it also means bosses take a lot longer to kill compared to using its straight firing shot.

aaand going back over my scores I just realized I recorded the wrong replay to Youtube for my BWR+ Heaven/Hope score. I actually have a replay of a higher scoring one and it's even in the damn video at the beginning when I pick the wrong replay to record, oops :/

fixed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu2ZwwoAIZM
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

I've only played the original Mushihime. As for recordings, I may do some when I really have something relevant to show. Don't even know which game would be. But, yeah, Im still new to those games compared to some of you, so I shouldnt blame myself for not having done anything amazing
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

yeeeeah, finally!!! super low scoring but, i did it!... now i have some confidence with the game and its super enjoyable, i'll continue to play for score. but, still feeling pretty awesome... (ibara arrange). Blurry pic, because shaking with disbelief, didn't expect this tonight. 8) 8)

"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
InFireX

Post by InFireX »

I barely made it! Literally anything could've killed me at the end, but I somehow survived and achieved pic related.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

InFireX wrote:I barely made it! Literally anything could've killed me at the end, but I somehow survived
Congrats! Are you going to stick with it for score or you moving on to something else?
Jonst wrote:yeeeeah, finally!!!
As expected. Well deserved and more importantly earned:D Right behind you..
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Thanks Stevens! I thought it would come soon but didn't think that soon. I'm really happy to have cleared at least one version of ibara. It was super fun to learn. I don't remember getting that annoyed with it, as I enjoyed playing it so much. I find it a fiendishly addictive game.

What is infirex's game? ...Congrats btw ifx!
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

I did it again! this time i beat my last score. Unbelievably, i played a carefree credit this morning and cleared on my first go! (3 clears of this within a couple of days of each other) pic is yesterday's. I know i can score a bit more than this, so be trying for that, but in the meantime, I'm happy with this!

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Nice work Jonst!

Am I right in thinking you were struggling with Ibara for a while before?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Cheers mate! ... you're half right. I've struggled with both versions (ps2), I found this time around, it clicked easier, also checked out some replays for some more ideas. I still struggle with arcade mode, it just so happens that I prefer arrange mode, I've always loved it and I find it a bit more enjoyable. It feels very different when you go back to arcade though.

EDIT: I didn't even know there were different ship types until just now! .... now I know why everyone uses type d! I thought explosions looked slightly different on most replays.

EDIT 2: just played a credit with type d, cleared again with 47mil, would have been higher had I not made some silly mistakes!
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Had another close call with Esp 2 BL, used kakusei a few seconds too soon on the final pattern. No biggie, it is coming.

Years after first clearing it I finally cleared Score Rush on hard and gave extreme a few credits. Got to boss C before tapping out. I think extreme is doable.
InFireX

Post by InFireX »

Stevens wrote:Congrats! Are you going to stick with it for score or you moving on to something else?
No, I'm done with this game and I still have other goals to accomplish, like the CCWI Unlimited mode 1cc with Type-I.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Came back from a year long hiatus and 1CC'd Metal Black. :D
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

Added to my paltry 1CC list with a clear of TwinBee Da!!, a very easy shooter. I know the colorized European release is preferred, but the DMG original is still very playable. (Ideally, one would play the original via Konami GB Collection on a Super Game Boy, but I don't have one of those, so...)

Despite superficial similarities between them, it seems the skills learned in this game fail to carry over into other versions of the original TwinBee, which remain as difficult as ever.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Managed to get the Zatsuza clear!
video
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

After playing Darius II for FIVE YEARS on and off (ok not constantly), I finally got the clear of that damn game.

What a cheap, unforgiving, luck-based bullshit clear that was. Whether or not you clear depends entirely on a) did you die only once to Grand Octopus, and b) can you meme your way through the thick spread of haphazard enemy fire in the final zone to get to the boss with 1 or 2 lives? I wish I had recorded it. But it is enough to know that this game that's tormented me for years (and probably only me since so many people have cleared it lol) is beaten.

A bit shameful that it's my first 1CC since January. I really need to up my game. I've gotten far in Shienryu and Gradius II. Hope I can clear them soon.