I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Stevens

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Stevens »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Giga Wing, No Reflect clear with Ruby (killed all the bosses this time instead of having to time out the TLB to avoid it using its most dangerous attack): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Lhp0j8zdo
Amazing. You have completely dismantled Giga Wing.
My lord, I have come for you.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I appreciate it, but I'll only feel that way when I've also managed to crank out a decent score and put a bit of time into the Dreamcast port. ;) Hopefully in a few months I'll have something to show for my efforts and feel that way too. Now that I'm comfortable with survival play at any point in the game without relying on reflect, going back and playing for score shouldn't be too much trouble.
awbacon

Post by awbacon »

I’ve 1cc’d up to the final boss in Tobe! Polystars. Blew it 3X times at the very end! Kills me lol
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

Did a no miss clear of hyper duel on very hard. There's a lot of stupid bullshit that will just abruptly end a run on that difficulty. Stage six's boss can have unpredictable bullets, and the final boss's second phase killed a lot of runs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_HVTBAaM8
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Very cool! Nightmare and Black Angel mkII are some interesting chaps, some harrowing shit going on with the latter even on defaults if I remember right.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

BIL wrote:Very cool! Nightmare and Black Angel mkII are some interesting chaps, some harrowing shit going on with the latter even on defaults if I remember right.
Yay! Thank you! I appreciate that. ^^
Getting that on very hard was pretty frustrating lol

but ya, Nightmare is a cool lookin' boss, and Black Angel is neato too. I have no idea what the story is behind him switching sides briefly in the last stage, but it's still a cool part of the finale.
I really love Cry Bringer's design too. He might be my favorite boss in the game.
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
BIL

Post by BIL »

Black Angel is my favourite Badass Rival Mech™ next to DUOSS ("I'll be back!") from Soldier Blade. :mrgreen: I always got the feeling he was some kind of unstable AI weapon, with him blowing apart that occupied space colony to get at you, then turning on his masters later on, only to be haplessly commandeered as the enemy's last resort. Not sure if HD has any story/supplemental materials (actually... for all I know the Saturn manual explains everything >_>), but tbh I kinda like leaving this stuff up to the imagination, haha.
VxD

Post by VxD »

After two months and a half of practice, I finally managed to 1CC the first loop of Ketsui today with a final score of 93,029,900.
Next goal: tsuujou loop!
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Beating Hibachi with Power Style in Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu is so goddamn difficult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX9Lwbu ... xHaiN5OWz4
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A Omote 2-All with some better scoring strats:
Final score:5.6251.4880.9731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn0Oz-zfb4U
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Cleared Rapid Hero in double-play; 2 ships 1 player. Pretty fun game this way, not too impossible with the way the 2 player system works. Game's too good.

https://youtu.be/wL4eZ8bPxxc
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Took longer than it probably should have but I got my Sagaia V2 clear just now. It's a really great game, I honestly prefer it to Darius II and it's a huge step up from Sagaia V1. For those not yet aware, V2 is totally different from V1, more of a sequel than an update.

Now I'm on to the Cozmic Collection LE exclusive games for my next clear. I'll probably go ahead and kill off the Twins first since those are basically free clears. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with Force when the others are done.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

How you do post pics here? I tried Flickr but the links are broken on my previews.
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

My Instagram: galvatron86
BIL

Post by BIL »

I don't use Flickr, but for most stuff it's just a matter of pasting the image's direct URL and wrapping it with [img] tags.

EG "[img]i.imgur.com/mypic[/img]"

Maybe you need to use a different Flickr URL?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Took me a few years of not trying, but I finally got an ALL of Mushihimesama's Original mode! I was pretty shocked at the lack of TLB... is that only in Ultra or Maniac? Fuck that, I'm good! :P Stage 4 and 5 were full of chokes as it is, and I killed the last boss with my last life. My reward for 20 minutes of concentrated BUG SLAUGHTER? Nonsensical text about characters we never see in the game!

Now to find out how to record my replay from Steam.

I have exclusively tried Original mode up to this point, maybe playing the others + arrange once or twice. Cave ports usually have too many fucking modes with no explanation about what's worth playing (especially with this base game that has three modes already!). Anyone have rec's for the other Mushi alts?
CyberAngel

Post by CyberAngel »

Congrats! Let's race to 60 mil :D (jk, I'll need like a year or two)

From what little experience I have with other modes, Maniac kinda feels like a much harder Espgaluda. Make of that what you will.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Aki only appears in Mushi Ultra, and thank your lucky stars, because he's an asshole. I also find Maniac to be a bit easier than Espgaluda solely because there's no Jakou final boss.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Square_Air wrote:Aki only appears in Mushi Ultra, and thank your lucky stars, because he's an asshole.
He also appears in Arrange mode.

As for other modes you could try, 1.5 Original mode is like Original but easier, while 1.5 Original Max kind of like Futari Black Label Original in its emphasis on point-blanking for score and super fast bullets at high rank. I don't remember the differences between the other 1.5 modes but I think the basics are pretty similar to their corresponding 1.0 modes.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Krushal

Post by Krushal »

Just Batsugun Special, I know, but was starting to think I'd never 1cc an arcade shooter. Helps that the last boss is a bit of a pansy :)
Free indie/doujin STGs: Download | List (incomplete)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

CyberAngel wrote:Congrats! Let's race to 60 mil :D (jk, I'll need like a year or two)
Hm, we'll see. Definitely want to clear the game with some lives in stock. Maybe I'll aim for a 50mill score just to put the screws on you. :P
Shepardus wrote: As for other modes you could try, 1.5 Original mode is like Original but easier, while 1.5 Original Max kind of like Futari Black Label Original in its emphasis on point-blanking for score and super fast bullets at high rank. I don't remember the differences between the other 1.5 modes but I think the basics are pretty similar to their corresponding 1.0 modes.
Thanks for the breakdown. I was experimenting the other night, and got pretty far in both Arrange and 1.5 (stage 5 in both I believe). Though after so long playing Original, all these modes with slow bullets feels kind of gross and wrong, like I was playing some bootleg romhack. Arrange is kind of neat though. Still suffering from the 'way too many fucking modes in this game' confusion. Did Cave really expect sustained competition/interest across all these different modes?
Square_Air wrote:I also find Maniac to be a bit easier than Espgaluda solely because there's no Jakou final boss.
I may give it a spin to add to my sick 1cc collection (will he make 50 this year, folks?).
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

No miss on Arrange A Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu on the PC version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMXRCbqxvmI

This boss was eh... I had fun with it but the gameplay didn't feel right. Pretty hard to no miss, since on PC this has no slowdown at all, and you need to get used to the right rhythm of tapping your two different shots to cancel bullets and lasers, while having really good movement so you can use your 2 seconds of invincibility to get a new hyper.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

Got a No Miss No Bomb on HIVAC in DaiFukkatsu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-OydYF9rFg

This boss is really fun. Was probably the hardest TLB to no miss, since there doesn't seem to be a video of anyone else doing it (I've heard of one person that did it, but there's no video there either). Because of that, I had to come up with a lot of my own strategies, which took some time. The difficulty here comes from the fact that you need to do perfect damage and be able to dodge the final phase long enough. The first two phases become easy after a while, but the final phase is really difficult to dodge and damage, and that's in hyper mode. Without hypers, the final phase is incredibly difficult to survive even a few seconds in.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A Stage 1-5 Ura route Demonstration: (Steam version)
(This stage has been bothering me a long about the scoring aspect so it's a small victory for me to get through the stage with optimal score)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiKT2n7 ... x=16&t=36s
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Arrange A Ura 2-All 9.8 Trillions.
Played on Steam version.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAAyE9URws
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Finally 1CC’d the Arrange Mode of Mars Matrix!
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

Got a No Miss No Bomb on Black Label Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htNwkjPiFlc

Fun boss overall.
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Finally got that 1cc Blazing Star clear (Windina)
https://imgur.com/a/n6PEaKG
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Congrats, EmperorIng! I cleared Original last week too, and am slowly working on improving the run a bit (every attempt has involved 2-3 extremely easily avoidable deaths). By the way, if you're having trouble getting the replays to work in Steam, I found making sure not to pause the game/hit an inconveniently-assigned menu button at any point during my last 1CC did the trick. Every run before that seemed to desync at different points, and I figured it was for the same reasons others have reported and that I was simply out of luck, but going for an unbroken run might be worth a try...
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.0 Counterstop
Played on MAME
https://twitter.com/daringspino34/statu ... 4832514049