shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:17 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
 Post subject: Re: The Self-Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:30 pm 

Hello! Some of you may know me and see me around Twitch, usually posting something dumb in chat :D

Anyway, shmups were pretty much some of my formative memories. The first three games I remember, when I was very young, were Super Mario World, UN Squadron, and Gradius III. I definitely played those to dust.

As of recent, Galaga has been my main focus (boomer shooter, I know). I'm trying to assist the community with some goals and get some fun stuff off the ground. After that, I'll set my sights on other games. I'd love to start being decent at Dodonpachi and branch out into some other shooters. I'd love to revisit UN Squadron and see if I can git gud at it again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:04 am 

FootofGod wrote:
Hello! Some of you may know me and see me around Twitch, usually posting something dumb in chat :D

Anyway, shmups were pretty much some of my formative memories. The first three games I remember, when I was very young, were Super Mario World, UN Squadron, and Gradius III. I definitely played those to dust.

As of recent, Galaga has been my main focus (boomer shooter, I know). I'm trying to assist the community with some goals and get some fun stuff off the ground. After that, I'll set my sights on other games. I'd love to start being decent at Dodonpachi and branch out into some other shooters. I'd love to revisit UN Squadron and see if I can git gud at it again.

Welcome! I was in a very similar place to you when I first got into the shooter scene. I played the heck out of Gradius III and a few other shooters (Raiden, Darius, R-Type) loved Galaga to death and would always place a quarter in wherever I saw a cab, and was overly enthusiastically recommended games like Dodonpachi. I don't know how much exploring you've done, but there are a ton of excellent shooters that someone who loves Gradius and UN Squadron might be more comfortable in than DDP. YMMV, but for me it was backwards with Abadox and Dragon Spirit and then stuff like Metal Black, Thunder Force III, Strikers 1945, and the load of PCE shooters, a console that I hadn't ever played before 2011.

Maybe you're really into bullet hell games and ships with tiny hit boxes, but at least in my experience I found it more rewarding not to dive into bullet hell so soon, mostly because I discovered very few of them were really my thing. In fact, I think the only one I own is in fact DoDonPachi, a game I haven't touched in years.

Galaga is, by the way, a god-level shooter. Don't let anyone say otherwise.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:10 pm 

Hello everyone!

I have been visiting the site for a while, I figured I would finally register and actually contribute :)

I have been casually into shmups since the NES days, but the first game to really get me more interested in the genre was Radiant Silvergun on Saturn. Since then I have pretty much had shmup ADD and love trying new ones, but I find it hard to commit to one enough to 2-ALL. Bullet Hells seem to interest me the most lately.

Since I don't have my old consoles anymore, I primarily play on PC, but occasionally I hop on the PS4 for the M2 Shotriggers releases or the Switch for other misc. titles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:23 pm 

Greetings!

The name is heatimusZ4, Age 19 currently.
I like shmups (SNES & NES ones mostly), memes, romhacks, famitracker, the newgrounds audio portal for having great shmup remixes and Gradius II as a favourite pick from the franchise. The forum caught my attention in 2019 and so I decided to hop in and see what can i do in here.

Thank you for reading.~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:30 am 

Hello! i'm Nagi-541. i have been in the world of STG since Thunder Force V and R-Type Delta, eventhough my STG gaming skill isn't good, anyway, nice to meet you!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57