REQ - Need feedback on shooter

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
MaNaRaMa

REQ - Need feedback on shooter

Post by MaNaRaMa »

Hey fellow shmup fans,

I'm looking to get some comments on my latest build. You can download it from here:
http://www.zieners-hosting.nl/hailstone ... 060714.rar

More info is on it's website:
http://www.kaisertal.com

And here are some screenshots
EIHoppe

Post by EIHoppe »

Tried it in Wine, didn't work.

I will say that it looks very nice, though. I'll try and get on a Windows box in the next few days and give it a shot, but I can't guarantee anything...

Linux port and/or changing it to OpenGL would be much appreciated over on the open-source end (i.e. right here). =)

~EI
R_Typist

Post by R_Typist »

Downloading...
Fellow Shmuppers:
"Come... join us... .... be a xenophile."
R_Typist

Post by R_Typist »

Most impressive... A simple and enjoyable shooter with beautiful asteroid themes and models. Not a hard demo, but the powerup system seemed really mario-ish with the golden coins.

Cool boss.

One thing, there are a few bugs:
1. When I died the with the blade-spinning enemies (and the helicopter noise), that ambient of their sound stuck and looped even after I restarted the mission and continued to loop.
2. The bossfight had a very strange collission box. The collision with the boss happened in the empty spot on the hull where there was absolutely nothing. In addition, the shots had a collective hotstpot that would cause many of them to akwardly pass the empty spot without hitting. Breaking up the shots into individual shots will be more CPU ugly, but I'm not sure this is going to fly the way they are.
Fellow Shmuppers:
"Come... join us... .... be a xenophile."
MaNaRaMa

Post by MaNaRaMa »

Thanks R_Typist!

1. The looping sound issues have been fixed in the new build.

2. About the Boss hit-location problem, I haven't found a good solution for that yet unfortunatly; i'm trying to attach energy pod cells to the animated boss model, and currently it does attach them but doesn't show them for some strange reason.