Bring back the Sanwa Flash1 days!!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TheRealNeoGeo

Bring back the Sanwa Flash1 days!!!

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

I need to show Sanwa Denshi that their Flash1-joystick is very popular so they will reproduce it for us. I have made a petition that is very easy to use so if you want to see Sanwa make more flashsticks please sign my petition.

http://akihabarashop.com/products.html
Look at the third joystick from the top...

Thanks!

PS: According to the answer I got from Sanwa they only make the joystick if they can sell big quantity of it so if everybody that want`s one sign it the better.
system11

Post by system11 »

A better petition would be for them to make optional Euro/US style mounting plates, even if it was just an aftersales extra. I can't fit the majority of their sticks to my cab - same with Seimitsu, due to bolt layout.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

bloodflowers
I understand your anger, I also want a round restrictor for my JLF, black OBSN-30 and white meshballs :) but we just have to take one thing at a time.

You could always go to a metalshop near you and have them make it for you but having somebody making a pcb that the flashjoystick uses is harder.
But yeah, I understand what you are saying.
D

Post by D »

Before signing the petition, might you tell a little bit about them?
do they rock?
For shmups or for fighting games or for both?
Why are they not produced anymore?
expensive? I bet they are.
Japanese don't like 'em?
Are these the ultimate sticks money (could) can buy?
I never heard of 'em and that goes for a lot of us, thanks for informing us btw.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

I signed the petition today, it said it would email me a link to verify my email address...still never got it.
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

D
It has no microswitches (no "clicky" sound) because it uses optics (light). Included with this joystick is 5-pin cable, 3-pin cable (for +5V), both square and octagonal-plate, levercover and dustcovers, sticker and instructions.

Price would be between 3500-4500yen I think and it is good for shmups as Beatemups. You should really try it (if you have a chance to), you won`t regret it.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

They were never popular in japan for good reason, not being able to know when you've activated a switch and having to go all the way to the gate most of the time kills their function, trust me I used to own 3 of them, and 12.99 JLFs do a much better job on all my games.
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

thchardcore
Not all people like the same things but I would like to be able to choose whatever I want to buy, wouldn`t you? Many people like the flash1 and it should be sold by Sanwa again.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Point is, there wasnt a market for it, and just because they are like $150 bucks each now, doesn't warrant Sanwa to re-manufacture them for like the 200 people out there who *might* want them at 50-60 bucks a pop. They are decent sticks don't get me wrong, but I mean, RIP homie, RIP.
destructor

Post by destructor »

Dave_K. wrote:I signed the petition today, it said it would email me a link to verify my email address...still never got it.
The same for me.

About Sanwa Flash nad games. Sanwa Flash as three other joysticks:
-P360
-Suzo Inductive
-UltraStik (this one isn't tested, it will be good for analog too)
is very very good but for shooters and games where movest must be precisely and liquid (racing/driving/analog(UltraStik)).
For beatemup games are good sticks with microswitches only. On optical joystick is hard to made special moves in beatemup/fighter games. For old 4-way games I don't use optical joystick too, microswitches only with diamond restrictor.
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

thchardcore
Well at least I try to do something about it so that people have the option to choose to have it or not, I do not want people paying like over 100us$ for it. They where not so popular in Japan but many people in the rest of the world liked them.
Take for example HAPP-joysticks, I can not play good on those even if I tried my whole life but some people like them.
Also, I play with a Flash just fine (I have bought total of over 15 Flashes). Beat em ups and shoot em ups (you do not need a LS-32 for them either) work just fine.
If you play with it for a while you get used to it.

I am aming for over 200 people :), and price would be a little bit under 40us$.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

I signed the petition, if only because i sold 2 of these for 225 bucks. Thats insane, and I hate profiteering, so good luck!

Oh, and if you play on any US stick long enough, you can get used to them, I have to for 3rd Strike. Still feel like crap compared to a Sanwa. How are the LS 32s for 3rd Strike btw?