RQ-Esprade: Mrs Garra for dummies

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Buttman

RQ-Esprade: Mrs Garra for dummies

Post by Buttman »

Here's the problem: i can't dodge ANY attack- except the last one which is paradoxically the easiest (imo). So I rely on bombs and lose 3-4 lives :? .
Is there a way to deal with that mess consistently?
duh?
mulletgeezer

Post by mulletgeezer »

i struggled with this for a while, and then i noticed how much of a difference in damage there is between using a minimum barrier and using a 30 - 40 % barrier. I found that by surviving each of the bosses patterns for a while and then using one third of the barrier as soon as i got into trouble i could easily get to the final pattern losing only one or two lives.

There are some good replays of the boss on www.super-play.co.uk i would recommend studying these and maybe using MAME save states, if you already find the last pattern easy i think you will be able to 1 life this boss with a little persistence.
bitkid

Post by bitkid »

You're not the only one who thinks the last pattern is much easier than the rest. Basically if you are quick and move your character around the boss in the right direction and don't screw up on direction changes you will be able to evade it easily. I too have trouble with the other preceding patterns.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but those hands ALWAYS trap me someow.