Preventing "teeth marks" on hu-cards

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ganelon

Preventing "teeth marks" on hu-cards

Post by Ganelon »

Is there anyway to do so? Normal games don't seem to exhibit the marks from the connectors but thicker cards (like an Arcade Card) seems to get slight scratches (using a Duo-RX). I've always wondered if it was possible to avoid these marks. I've tried exerting less pressure but it seems that if you don't push the hu-cards all the way in, it won't recognize the card.
PC Engine Fan X!

Hu-cards and those damned Hu-card cart slot teeth marks!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Teeth marks won't occur if you use a Hu-card convertor (the small boxy one & not the Kisado version) with an Arcade Card Pro or Arcade Card Duo upgrade (assuming that you're using a Turbo Duo console, of course). I did get some slight marks upon inserting the Arcade Card Duo into my U.S. Turbo Duo once to see if it would boot up one time, but alas it does not (without the Hu-Card convertor anyways).

For that matter, one could replace the System 2.0 hu-card upgrade that's already installed internally on an Japanese PC Engine Duo/RX with the Arcade Card Duo upgrade and volia, no more need to insert the ACD upgrade cart into the game cart slot and use a Tennokoe Bank for saving your PCE Duo + Hu-Card game saves instead. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
undamned

Post by undamned »

I recomend chewing gum. Whenever you have the hankering to nibble on your Hu-cards, just grab a piece of gum instead. No more nasty teeth marks!
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For undamned,

Your chewing gum advice works wonders for me. I'm sold! ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~