Your Racing Setup Sucks

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
roushimsx

Your Racing Setup Sucks

Post by roushimsx »

Oh yea, you can deny the truth all you want. You with your cute little wheel and pedals. Maybe you even have them mounted on a table and a cute little cheap bucket seat sitting right in front of the tv. That's so cute.

Unfortunatly You've been owned.

Check out the video clips and the technology overview. Oh my god does that blow my mind.

But for $30,000 (for the most advanced package), it had better come with all of the software it supports (like Live for Speed and Richard Burns Rally) :(
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Methinks that thing is worth more than most of the actual cars we members drive...it's a heck of a lot more expensive than mine, that's for sure.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Damn, it'd be cheaper to just get a racetrack membership and rent race cars, wouldn't it?
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

But for $30,000 (for the most advanced package),
I'd ask who the hell would bother spending that much, but I'm sure there's someone at this forum or at TNL's forum that would...For thirty grand, I'd actually buy a car...
now tighter than your sister
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

crithit5000 wrote:
But for $30,000 (for the most advanced package),
I'd ask who the hell would bother spending that much, but I'm sure there's someone at this forum or at TNL's forum that would...For thirty grand, I'd actually buy a car...
I already have a car...but with 30 grand, I could build two more!!! :twisted:
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

I was going to ask "WHY???1!!" until I saw they're pitching it for commercial/corporate use. That would be insane for personal gaming.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

It's an insane price for commercial use as well, esp. considering how poorly most arcades fair.
roushimsx

Post by roushimsx »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:I already have a car...but with 30 grand, I could build two more!!! :twisted:
Doesn't matter how much money you dump into your cars, you'll never be able to drive them on the same courses or in the same way as in the games it supports :)
tsunami0ne

Post by tsunami0ne »

A full track day (2 hours) only costs $150....
roushimsx

Post by roushimsx »

tsunami0ne wrote:A full track day (2 hours) only costs $150....
You're still limited to the cars you own. :)
Andi

Post by Andi »

Seems pretty silly to me. Maybe I'm just not cool enough.
roushimsx

Post by roushimsx »

Andi wrote:Seems pretty silly to me. Maybe I'm just not cool enough.
Or maybe you just don't care enough about racing games to want a pimptight setup in much the same way that some people go out of their way to get Neo Geo candy cabs with LCDs on the marquee when a gutted out Pac Man cab would be just fine for most others. :)
tsunami0ne

Post by tsunami0ne »

roushimsx wrote:
tsunami0ne wrote:A full track day (2 hours) only costs $150....
You're still limited to the cars you own. :)
yeah but still, even driving a slow car on the track is more exhilarating than driving a fast car in a video game. My car only makes 155hp and I was able to keep up with M3s, EVOs and a Z06 Corvette ;).... although on the straights, it's a totally different story.
Andi

Post by Andi »

roushimsx wrote:Or maybe you just don't care enough about racing games to want a pimptight setup in much the same way that some people go out of their way to get Neo Geo candy cabs with LCDs on the marquee when a gutted out Pac Man cab would be just fine for most others. :)
That may be true, but I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who cares that much about racing games to get this set-up.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

roushimsx wrote:
TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:I already have a car...but with 30 grand, I could build two more!!! :twisted:
Doesn't matter how much money you dump into your cars, you'll never be able to drive them on the same courses or in the same way as in the games it supports :)

Never say never, my friend!
Simulated or real, are way different...any way you look at it.

Anyway, I'll still kick ASSphalt in my Chevelle, and tear up the highways in Tokyo Extreme with just a mere Dual Shock2. I'll still love every minute of it nontheless...

I have no bounderies!