HRAP question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
rolins

HRAP question

Post by rolins »

How easy is to swap the joystick and buttons? Does it require any soldering?
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

No soldering required.

As far as how easy it is, your guess is as good as mine. I have trouble setting up my vcr, let alone doing something like this.
tekneekz

Post by tekneekz »

unscrew 8 bottom screws, take out bottom plate, use 7mm socket to unscrew the 6 screws under the plate, use pliers to take out the quick connectors and push the buttons out from the sides and pop in your new buttons and slap the quick connectors back on, joysticks sticks are plug and play just unscrew your old one and screw the new on the same holes if u got the right kind from seimitsu or sanwa, than your set just reverse the job by screwing the 14 screws back.
rolins

Post by rolins »

Great, thanks for the info. I'm thinking geting one and swapping the joystick with a seimitsu.
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

Actually, if it's a seimitsu there may be issues with the mounting plate. See http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=8093. The last post sums it up:
oxtsu wrote: For future reference and in summary: This type of baseplate is only present on recent production Hori RAP-1s (not sure the timeframe) and Special Addition (Sanwa special) ONLY. So if you have either of these, be sure to get the LS-56-01 or LS-55-01 if you want normal stick height and no fuss.
rolins

Post by rolins »

Does the HRAP 2 have problems with the mounting plate?
SAM

Post by SAM »

rolins wrote:Does the HRAP 2 have problems with the mounting plate?
Both LS-32 and LS-32-01 could be mount in the HRAP 2's mounting plate of mine. :o Latter production batch might be different.

And for swooping buttons config, as long as the contacts of the buttons is not directly soldered to the PCB within, it is easy. I think all those HRAP with hardware auto fire doesn't got button soldered to the PCB. :o
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*