ikebukuro - meet me today.

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
diOdesu

ikebukuro - meet me today.

Post by diOdesu »

anyone near ikebukuro want to meet up and play shiki 3 and espgaluda 2? really short notice, but tonight (april 3, 2006) is the only time i have. i played all night tonight, 50 yen espgaluda 2 is cool.
DirtyMonk

Post by DirtyMonk »

Dude, I'll totally be there! Can you wait for a bit while I book a redeye flight?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

When I first read his post, for a second I thought there was a new arcade in San Francico called ikebukuro or something. LOL Doh! :(
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Ikebukuro is like 10 minutes from my place. Where you gonna be at? I could probably come tonight some time.
diOdesu

Post by diOdesu »

im not sure how to give an accurate location, but i found 3 arcades (2 with shiki 3 and 1 with espgaluda 2) all within the little shopping area of restaurants, cafes and pachinko slots. i believe you take the "west exit" out of the ikebukuro station and you should be directly across from the shopping area. i gotta make my rounds around the yamanote line right now but ill check back here 6-7 pm japan time. oh, i'll bring more accurate directions too.

sup dirtymonk. get j0 a$s over here. i suck at these new games. im not sure if its because im cracked out from travelling, but i feel they play slower and my hitbox and the bullets seem bigger. anyhow, playing with someone else with make it less frustrating when i need to let out a stream of cuss words. i wouldnt mind being able to communicate with someone either.

sorry dave, if my stocks make me rich i'll definitely open an arcade in sf called ikebukuro! however, not many people will come after they discover all i have are those old 2-D games. =(
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Well it's 6 45 and I'm sort of bushed from riding around all day, so I think I'll have to skip out on you for tonight. Wednesday I was going to spend all day in Akihabara if you want to tour around with me. Tomorrow I have a test in the morning but might be up to going out.
diOdesu

Post by diOdesu »

its ok. i just got back. i went to akihabara, ebisu, shinjuku, harajuku and shibuya. gonna rest for a bit then hit the arcades again. unfortunately im leaving tomorrow morning. the vacation is over, back to m-f 9-5 blah blah blah. fyi though, when you take the west exit from the ikebukuro station you'll see a mcdonalds across the street. walk to the left of mcdonalds and make a right into the first opening. on the right you'll see a cheezy sign that says "game." downstairs are espgaluda 2, raiden 3, and some other shooter i didnt catch the name, all 50 yen. a little further down to the left is a pachinko arcade that has shiki 3 and raiden 3. if you make a right and like another right you'll find an arcade called "fantasia." it has shiki 3 also, along with 1945 plus.

good luck on your test.