help modding a namco arcade stick (ps1)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
sjewkestheloon

help modding a namco arcade stick (ps1)

Post by sjewkestheloon »

i've been using my namco arcade stick for an age now with it's standard stick and although it's great for fighting games, id really like to somehow get a tighter stick with a smaller throw for shmups as i can use it on both my ps1/2 and my pc. i have no idea what to get, where to get it from and how to do it, so could anyone either point me in the right direction or get me started off etc?

thanks in advance.
Number of 1cc's : 5
Now playing: Gunbird
SAM

Post by SAM »

I don't own this stick, so I don't know whether all the parts would fit in. :o

I have been thinking of modding the PS Namco stick for some time, but haven't have a chance to acquire one at a reasonable price. :?

The parts I suggest are:

Seimitsu LS-33 (Yellow Ball Top) x1
a sensitive joystick with a small and thin base. :) I really doubt the base of the Namco stick might not got the enought space (height) to host a Seimitsu LS-32 or Sanwa JLF. :o

Sanwa OBSF-30 (Yellow) x6
Again you shouldn't use the OBSF-30RG, since the microswitch of the RG buttons require space (height), and might not got enough space to fit in. :x

Also you might not able to reuse the orginal PCB within the stick, you might need to gut a PSOne controller for its PCB. :)
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

hell that sounds pretty complicated... cheers for the input though mate i'll have a look at the stcks you suggested and if anyone has any more info please leave a comment or two :D
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

bump