Adjusting V-height on Commodore 1080's

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Neon

Adjusting V-height on Commodore 1080's

Post by Neon »

For some reason they sunk the control WAY in there and I can't see it, nor find any documentation via google...is it a philips head adjustment?

Seems like Garegga is cut off on the left side on both this and my tv in s video, to the point where I don't want to play the game till I can get to my 1084 (you can't see extends, bombs etc). It is 240x320, isn't it?
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

It's a flathead, Neon. I checked that. However, I never had any problems with my games when I had the monitor. :?

What could it be?

(I checked with a flashlight, but never had the need to adjust it. That's why I never messed with it)
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Oddly Garegga's the only one I'm having problems with aside from Raiden DX, and I have the same problems on my tv w/s video. Now that I think about it I had the same problem with SS DDP also. Weird.
PC Engine Fan X!

Just use a small flathead jeweller's screwdriver to adjust

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I just use small flathead type of jeweller's screwdriver to adjust the V-Height to my liking on the Amiga 1080 monitor...some arcade PCBs are cut off and by using that simple tool, one can easily adjust the screen size so that the entire screen is shown. Just be careful when inserting the screwdriver and try to keep it level, you don't want to accidentally touch something else (if the monitor is already powered-on) when adjusting the V-Height option.

Of course, I'm using the 9-DB RGB input on my Amiga 1080 when playing my arcade Jamma PCBs. None of that S-Video hookup shit on my 1080, although it's not too bad (but still, analog RGB is the best & purest way to go if you have the proper cable setup for your Supergun setup). Your eyes will thank you for the extra detail and clarity that is afforded by going the 9-DB RGB input route on a Amiga 1080 monitor. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~