looking for a cheap new tv or monitor thats 19-25" for

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
tekneekz

looking for a cheap new tv or monitor thats 19-25" for

Post by tekneekz »

ok im tired of moving turning my tv over and over and waiting for the 15 minutes before turning crap. what monitors or tv's are you gyus using for tateing. i dont mind roatating the tv if i can just find anotehr cheap monitor or tv. what are u guys using for the console players.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

1084d
19 inch jvs gdh4220
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

PC Engine Fan X!

Pick up a Amiga 1080 14" RGB analog monitor...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I've got a Japanese manufactured Commodore Amiga 14" RGB analog monitor with a DB-9 input + has Composite Video & old-style S-Video Input using Composite Video & Sync Inputs. The RGB input for it is broken down into five seperate lines: Red, Green, Blue, Composite Sync & lastly, Ground. Extrapolate those five signals from any Jamma PCB based hardware or Supergun or home game console and you have the best visual hookup bar none.

On the old Shmups.com forum, Matt used to preach the virtues of picking up a cheap Amiga RGB monitor (and he's 100% right!) for the best RGB signal for both Jamma & console setups. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
elvis

Post by elvis »

Commodore/Amiga monitors are nice, but they're only 14". I like a bigger picture than that, especially for newer games.

21" TVs with component input are becoming more and more common. Here in Australia there are 3-4 stores within walking distance of my house selling these for AU$150 (US$111, €94). Component input on these looks great (not as good as a true RGB monitor, but damned close) and you get a bigger screen. And for that price, buying one for a dedicated tate setup isn't unreasonable. Usual discalimer applies - make sure the external case is suitable for being rotated for long periods of time!

For double that price you should be able to pick up a 20"-25" RGB arcade monitor. That will require some hacking to get an RGB/SCAR signal to work with it, but the picture will be amazing.
tekneekz

Post by tekneekz »

hi do you have pictures of rgb monitors? where can i buy them cause i want to play my games on full tate all the time for my playstation 2. and are they expensive? can i see pictures please.
elvis

Post by elvis »

tekneekz wrote:hi do you have pictures of rgb monitors? where can i buy them cause i want to play my games on full tate all the time for my playstation 2. and are they expensive? can i see pictures please.
Pictures of mine, or in general?

The PC2Jamma site has good examples of people who have put consoles inside arcade cabinets with RGB monitors:
http://www.mameworld.net/pc2jamma/gal.html

My cabinet project is yet to be documented. I'm waiting on a shipment of Sanwa parts to complete my new CP before documenting the entire process online.
tekneekz

Post by tekneekz »

oh mi looking for monitors away from cabs as i have no space for cabs. im looking for pictures of peoples setup for tateing that are for console users with no cabs.