swedish shmeet / tournament?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
sven666

swedish shmeet / tournament?

Post by sven666 »

yeah, im thinking of hosting a shmup meet coupledwith a tournament sometime in the future (spring/summer sometime, this is just an idea for now).

i have an arcade with about 40 cabs and i can fit atleast half of them with shmups.

i also have a wide variety of shmup PCBs, cave, raizing, naomi, MVS etc...

im thinking of hosting it over a weekend, starting friday evening and ending sunday evening.

it would also be cool with somekind of proper tournament which test all kinds of shmup skills (not just cave highscores 8) ), proboably with some nice price for the winner.

would anyone be interested enough to attend? anyone from abroad?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Super Laydock

Re: swedish shmeet / tournament?

Post by Super Laydock »

sven666 wrote:yeah, im thinking of hosting a shmup meet coupledwith a tournament sometime in the future (spring/summer sometime, this is just an idea for now).

i have an arcade with about 40 cabs and i can fit atleast half of them with shmups.

i also have a wide variety of shmup PCBs, cave, raizing, naomi, MVS etc...

im thinking of hosting it over a weekend, starting friday evening and ending sunday evening.

it would also be cool with somekind of proper tournament which test all kinds of shmup skills (not just cave highscores 8) ), proboably with some nice price for the winner.

would anyone be interested enough to attend? anyone from abroad?
I'd defenitely be up for something like that. :)
I love the idea of the weekend long compo on multiple shmups.

That and it would be a damn good excuse to visit sweden (which I've been wanting to visit for some time now). ;)

Planning well in ahead would be wise as most of us either have to get off from work/school and allocate money for the trip/stay.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Herr Schatten

Re: swedish shmeet / tournament?

Post by Herr Schatten »

Super Laydock wrote: it would be a damn good excuse to visit sweden
Indeed.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

cool, im not totally dead in the water here then :)

ill start looking up overnight possibilities, i dont know anyone who owns any hotels im afraid but im sure i could fix something basic thats free for the duration of the meet. :)

there are plenty of youth hostels in town that are quite cheap i think..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
porcan

Post by porcan »

this sounds awesome, i would totally be up for something like this.

so... where in sweden do you live? vore ju riktigt trevligt om det är nära mig. ;)
zinger

Post by zinger »

Up for it ofcourse! ;)

Porcan: Gothenburg.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

porcan wrote:this sounds awesome, i would totally be up for something like this.

so... where in sweden do you live? vore ju riktigt trevligt om det är nära mig. ;)
göteborg like zinger said..

the hell.. borås.. thats my old "hood"..
porcan

Post by porcan »

goteborg, that's not very far at all. how nice. :) a good reason for me to go to "the big city" :P
sven666

Post by sven666 »

porcan wrote:goteborg, that's not very far at all. how nice. :) a good reason for me to go to "the big city" :P
cool, i hope you have seen this?

http://stgfan.jovnas.com/viewtopic.php?t=1262

i lived in borås for 4 years, how old are you maybe weve met? :P
mice

Post by mice »

I'm so in as well!
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Ok, this is going down on the worlds biggest LAN festival.

ive been asked to host a swedish shmups tournament on dreamhack this summer, which i will :)

there will be +10 cabs playing all kinds of shmups from new to old (expect alot of cave/raizing tho ;) )

im not the one hosting dreamhack tho, they just hired meto supervise the arcade department.
for info on where and when please see: www.dreamhack.se

hope someones interested and hope to see you there this summer :D
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

Any word on possible dates? I am in Athens at the moment and will stay here for a couple more months before heading to Tokyo. If I can find a cheap ticket I'd love to visit.
mice

Post by mice »

Which day is the shmup tourney going to be then?
If I go, I'd just get a visitor-ticket for that particular day. But there's no info about it on their page.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

mice wrote:Which day is the shmup tourney going to be then?
If I go, I'd just get a visitor-ticket for that particular day. But there's no info about it on their page.
I havent gotten the schedule yet so im not sure which day the tournament will be.
altho there will always be shmups available, but offcourse they will be in extra focus during the tournament :)
there will also be bemani and beu tournaments ofcourse.. i know SF3S tournaments are usually pretty hardcore :shock: and really the best swedish players attend (most are there for 3S only, they dont care about the LAN :P).

icycalm> 17-20th of june is the date, check www.dreamhack.se for more information about the event.
ofcourse if those dates are inapropriate for you and you still want to visit sweden youre always welcome to visit my arcade in gothenburg which is open every saturday :)
mice

Post by mice »

I must hurry to get my degree now so everything is taken care of before the summer. I'd like to take the time off and really attend this thing.
Unless, ofcourse, you actually set a date for a shmupmeet in Gothenburg...that would be even better. :D
sven666

Post by sven666 »

i think i will blow all my energy on the shmupmeet/tournament at dreamhack.. but the arcade is open every saturday anyway :)