PAL Wii U forces Wii game to run in 480i

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
RebeL9

PAL Wii U forces Wii game to run in 480i

Post by RebeL9 »

Check this video. This was to my knowledge never fixed in any of the PAL revisions.
The question is if the bug is within the hardware or somewhere within the Wii U software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBpbtcB7zs
Rulumi

Re: PAL Wii U forces Wii game to run in 480i

Post by Rulumi »

This is a limitation of the European firmware. Either right now you can use HDMI or region change the system firmware to the Japanese or American one, note it's not that easy to region change if you don't have knowledge on it.

But patching the video mode without losing the changed setting when switching the system to Wii mode should be possible with Aroma, but there's no such plugin at the moment if I remember well.
RebeL9

Re: PAL Wii U forces Wii game to run in 480i

Post by RebeL9 »

Rulumi wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am This is a limitation of the European firmware. Either right now you can use HDMI or region change the system firmware to the Japanese or American one, note it's not that easy to region change if you don't have knowledge on it.

But patching the video mode without losing the changed setting when switching the system to Wii mode should be possible with Aroma, but there's no such plugin at the moment if I remember well.
Thanks. Since this only affected PAL models I have little hope that it will be fixed :-(