Raiden Fighters MOBO issue

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Sir Arthur ahf

Raiden Fighters MOBO issue

Post by Sir Arthur ahf »

Hey guys!

Have an issue with Raiden Fighters MOBO

I played Raiden Fighters Jet a few months ago and swap the cartridge to RF2

It was ok, but last week when I tried to swap it back to RFJ It appears a japanese message saying that I need to change a dip swicth to the JP position

RF1 cartridge also does not work (same screen)

Both MOBO and cartridge are japanese so I don't know what's wrong (It worked before)

Apparently there is a DIP switch to change cartridges, but I cannot see It

Any help please?
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Raiden Fighters MOBO issue

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The thing with the Seibu Kaihatsu SPI arcade motherboard is that you remove the pre-installed SPI cart and then install another one of your choosing. There's a tiny switch on the SPI motherboard itself just for changing/rebooting an SPI cart. When the switch is turn on, it initiates the countdown timer at 999 until it reaches 0, flick the tiny switch off, power down the SPI motherboard, turn on power back on and the newly installed SPI cart will boot up.

Note: Never turn off the power during the countdown timer phase.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
jd213

Post by jd213 »

Yeah, it's JP1. Fairly small and on the right side of the board (when the Jamma edge is facing up).
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Seibu_SPI_system

Google Translate through your phone camera can also help with messages like this if you can't read Japanese, although it obviously won't be perfect.
oilumiun12

Post by oilumiun12 »

jd213 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:50 pm Yeah, it's JP1. Fairly small and on the right side of the board (when the Jamma edge is facing up).
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Seibu_SPI_system

Google Translate through your phone camera can also help with messages like this if you can't read Japanese, although it obviously won't be perfect.
oh I found it! Thanks for the link. However, google translate into Japanese really confuses me
Last edited by oilumiun12 on Tue May 07, 2024 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.