ShooterFes 2024 (shmup event) - April 6th and 7th

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
FunktionJCB

ShooterFes 2024 (shmup event) - April 6th and 7th

Post by FunktionJCB »

On the weekend of April 6th and 7th, ShooterFes 2024, a shmup event organized by the Mikado Game Center, is taking place.

The event will have an online component, with a series of streams by well known developers and publishers in the genre.

Here's the participants:

And here's a schedule for the weekend (Japan Time):

A full line-up of participants and titles showcased can be found on the official website at:
https://www.shootersfes.com/

And here's the official twitter/X account:
https://twitter.com/ShootersFes
To Far Away Times

Re: ShooterFes 2024 (shmup event) - April 6th and 7th

Post by To Far Away Times »

Pyramid made the excellent Darius Burst games. I'm excited to see what they've been working on.

Uses google translate

Pyramid's game translates to "Alice Gear Aegis"

Googles "Alice Gear Aegis"

... Oh. Nevermind.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

To Far Away Times wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:35 pm Pyramid made the excellent Darius Burst games. I'm excited to see what they've been working on.

Uses google translate

Pyramid's game translates to "Alice Gear Aegis"

Googles "Alice Gear Aegis"

... Oh. Nevermind.
Alice Gear Aegis is also an anime series (that doesn't take itself too seriously) in addition to being released as a Switch game title.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Steven

Post by Steven »

I will go to this today. Should get there in time for the second half of the R-Type presentation.

This whole event is getting translated, right? It was last time. I am lazy and probably won't feel like doing it, but if there is anything anyone wants translated, let me know and I will see what I can do. Please don't say "everything"... I will probably at least do Toaplan if Uemura-san says anything cool, and M2 if there is anything new from M2, which I doubt.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Steven wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:53 pmif there is anything anyone wants translated, let me know and I will see what I can do. Please don't say "everything"... I will probably at least do Toaplan if Uemura-san says anything cool, and M2 if there is anything new from M2, which I doubt.
Please tell Hamster I'm going to walk up to their toughest dude and drape my balls on his face if they don't avenge those lousy gaijins Digital Eclipse butchering Search And Rescue for SNK40th. Image

Also anything you think is cool would be most welcome, you have a proven track record of doing cool stuff ;3
jehu

Post by jehu »

Just wanted to throw in the prediction of a new Cybattler something on the basis of an Easter egg from that Exerion reboot.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

So far, the first things announced is a G.Rev and City Connection collaboration for current gen ports (PS5/Switch/Xbox/Steam) of both Under Defeat (HD) and Mamoru-Kun Curse!

Man...and yet Border Down still stuck in Arcade/Dreamcast purgatory...one of these days, it'll probably get one. >.>
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
cfx

Post by cfx »

With that, my hope for Strania on PS4 is obviously dead. :(
jehu

Post by jehu »

This is already very happy news - the new remixes by Hosoe and Yasui are a nice touch, too.

This strikes me, though, as the first important STG release (sorry Evolved) that requires a PS5 to play. I can’t be the only one who receives this news with a touch of sadness. PS4 served so well, I’ll be sad to resign myself to setting it aside. With Tatsujin Extreme, and even without it, I suppose it was inevitable - but still…
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Not as big as news, but the developer of the very enjoyable NeverAwake has announced a DLC called NeverAwake FLASH BACK, to be released this summer.

More details at:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/172718 ... 3998452612

And here's a link to the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptaoGv6mGA
ryu

Post by ryu »

Granzella is putting an R-9 that transforms into a mech into their remake of FZ (doesn't seem to be DLC)

Night Striker port was announced, but no more info on it yet.

M2 announced a patch for DOJ Rinne Tensei scheduled to be out in a week. That was it from them.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Harboring hopes that we might get a Training mode for M2 Rayz to bring it to parity with Darius. Seeming like that's out.

Hope the Taito-funded Night Striker port means we get all the OST arranges. And the all important Sega CD version included - what kind of port would it be without that?

Glad G.Rev is doing something with its shooter properties. I'd bet the Switch ports are going to be based on X360 versions - seems like they have a way to inexpensively port them over. On the off-chance they perform well, maybe they'll be open to Border Down.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Well I don't know what all was announced because

1. it's impossible to hear anything in there... the speakers are pointed at the stage instead of away from it for some reason.
2. decided to skip M2's and Hamster's presentations to go watch Uemura-san play Hishouzame, which recently got put in at Takadanobaba. It was worth going just because I got to see this!

so yeah. I'll go figure stuff out somehow eventually, but for now I am going to go to sleep and probably not wake up until my super loud doorbell rings to signify that the Star Trek DVDs and BDs that I imported from the USA have arrived, and then I'm going to spend all day tomorrow finally watching the TOS director's edition movies on BD. It only took them more than 20 years to put them on BD, so as you can imagine I am pretty happy, although I am kind of sad about finally retiring my childhood DVD copies after all of these years.

Anyway, let me know if there is anything cool/interesting/boring/etc. that you want me to take a look at and I'll get to it eventually, unless someone else beats me to it.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

cfx wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:47 am With that, my hope for Strania on PS4 is obviously dead. :(
Bruh, Strania deseveres a Switch port too. I'd be perfect on the go. (Outside of Steam Deck and similar hardware.)
cfx

Post by cfx »

Whatever. Since I could not possibly care any less about the Nintendo Switch, I didn't mention it.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

It is a literal crime that Border Down still has not been ported to any modern consoles.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I love Mamorukun Curse; really excited it's getting a new port. Going to be a lot easier to convince friends to give it a try if they don't have to hook up their PS3s for it.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I'm looking forward to Mamoru-Kun Curse as well. Iiirc its PS3 release was out of stock when I went looking to purchase it. The demo I played way back was a lot of fun. :)

Did anyone watch Hamster's presentation? Really seems like there weren't many new announcements today.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Tokyo-J wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 pm It is a literal crime that Border Down still has not been ported to any modern consoles.
It is...hopefully one day, it'll be free from the Arcade/DC purgatory.
Redfox

Post by Redfox »

I saw most of it live last night my time and the biggest news was Exa, with them scoring a new release of Air Gallet with original and new versions (along with new key art by Joker Jun) and them producing a new 4 player version of Fixeight with diagonal shooting feature via a third button.

At least Shou didn't announce DDP Campaign (har har har) ;)
jehu

Post by jehu »

Clarice Disc is doing a Gaiapolis OST. Last time they did a Konami OST it was Mystic Warriors briefly before that came out. Good tidings - maybe.
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Is this what we have to look forward to with events dedicated to shooters?

Announcements of new ports of old games and rom hacks of old games that cost $2,000 apiece?

Looking pretty dire.
jehu

Post by jehu »

pablumatic wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:41 am Is this what we have to look forward to with events dedicated to shooters?

Announcements of new ports of old games and rom hacks of old games that cost $2,000 apiece?

Looking pretty dire.
Been like this for like a decade or more already, has it not? If you’ve been wringing your hands about the state of the genre all this time, I fear you might have all but snapped off your fingers
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

jehu wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:49 am Been like this for like a decade or more already, has it not? If you’ve been wringing your hands about the state of the genre all this time, I fear you might have all but snapped off your fingers
Yes it has, but I don't remember festivals dedicated to the genre before the last couple years. I would hope there would have been bigger things in store for shooters if there are dedicated events.
jehu

Post by jehu »

jehu wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:35 pm Just wanted to throw in the prediction of a new Cybattler something on the basis of an Easter egg from that Exerion reboot.
I got the mech wrong lol

Final Formation is the next in the series.
BIL

Post by BIL »

jehu wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:28 am Clarice Disc is doing a Gaiapolis OST. Last time they did a Konami OST it was Mystic Warriors briefly before that came out. Good tidings - maybe.
Oho, that is interesting. Guessing we'll see ACA Gaiapolis between now and Violent Storm nearer Christmas.
Arino

Post by Arino »

ryu wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:53 am Night Striker port was announced, but no more info on it yet.
At least this was mentioned again. Feels like ages ago when I first heard about it https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023 ... home-ports
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Maybe the most interesting announcement of the weekend to me (especially since I already have multiple copies of Under Defeat and Mamoru-kun)...

City Connection is releasing the never before published MD version of P-47! Looks rad. https://twitter.com/claricedisc/status/ ... 0970891412

I hope this also results in a home version of P-47 Aces some time, whether from CC or Hamster. Too bad that the really fun P-47 Aces Mk.II revision is an exA-lusive (boooo), but that shouldn't impact re-releases of the original game without the exA modes (see also: recent console releases of Batsugun and Akai Katana, despite those games having exA exclusive versions).
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

damn, that is sick news! been having a lot of fun with the arcade archives p-47 port and hopefully that means p-47 aces is next up on the list
a creature... half solid half gas
barmskii

Post by barmskii »

Tokyo-J wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:34 pm It is a literal crime that Border Down still has not been ported to any modern consoles.
I concur with this 100%

I really hope it gets a pc port one day