ShooterFes 2024 (shmup event) - April 6th and 7th

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jeneki

Re: ShooterFes 2024 (shmup event) - April 6th and 7th

Post by Jeneki »

Watching the Mikado footage now. It's been a while since I played Under Defeat but damn that game still looks great today.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Watching the Mikado footage now. It's been a while since I played Under Defeat but damn that game still looks great today.

That's what I'm talking about!
Even at the beginning, when I wasn't completely on board with the game itself, I still praised it with looking and playing like a completely modern title. I still remember my friend coming over, sticking his face like an inch away from the screen and exclaiming "the leaves blow! That's fucking CRAZY!" in amazement.

Now you have fucking Platinum running everything through the "retro-pizelz" unity filter.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

I've also always loved the soundscape of Under Defeat. Not just the music (which I do like just fine), but also the crunchy AF sound effects, the radio chatter, the sub-weapon ready noises, the end of level jingle (coming right off of one of those huge explosions). It's all so impactful and just sounds great.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I can't wrap my head around the big brain mechanics of rotating my helicopter.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I can't wrap my head around the big brain mechanics of rotating my helicopter.

Like a lot of things, it becomes second nature once you do it for a bit. But yeah, it was confounding/awkward as shit initially.

If someone like m2 ever does a dee-luxe port, a "zg2 rotation" option would be real nice