Dodonpachi Daioujou Rinnetensei (Arrange S/L/EX)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Dodonpachi Daioujou Rinnetensei (Arrange S/L/EX)

Post by Despatche »

Current version is 1.02.
----------
Please post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

MODE - TYPE
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - MAX HIT - DETAILS
There's no need to post MAX HIT for Arrange S. DETAILS is for which emulator build/program version or which release/console you may have used.

1. Steven -   320,331,890 - ALL - Switch [v1.02]
Arrange L
Type A Type B Arrange EX
Type A Type B
Last edited by Despatche on Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Steven

Re: Dodonpachi Daioujou Rinnetensei (Arrange S/L/EX)

Post by Steven »

Arrange S - B
Steven - 320,331,890 - ALL - Switch version 1.02
Spoiler
Yet another bullet hell game that I have no idea how to score in (probably has something to do with shooting things), but sure.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Arrange S is surprisingly straightforward, maybe even too much so.

1. No miss. You get entirely too many points from a no miss, so this should be first priority.
2. Defeating most large enemies will activate a "Rinne" bonus that gives you a chunk of points and makes bees worth more. It seems that you need to hit and defeat the enemy with the center bullets of your shot for best reliability on getting the Rinne bonus. You want to do this as much as you can before collecting a bee.
3. Any screen bullet cancels, from defeating bosses and certain very large enemies, are worth a decent chunk.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Steven

Post by Steven »

That is quite straightforward... that said I have only played it exactly two times, the first with Type A on launch day, which I guess I might as well post and be good enough for last place because why not

Arrange S - A
Steven - 100,095,420 - ALL - Switch version 1.01
Spoiler
and the second with Type B. My score more than tripled somehow...

This mode is very, VERY easy for survival, so the no miss should be doable. I ALLed it the first time I played it, having never seen beyond stage 2 in any version of Daioujou before, although I had no lives left when I killed Hibachi, who I was very surprised to see, as I figured it would loop and Hibachi would only show up on the second loop, but I guess not. On the second time I think I didn't die once to Hibachi but died a few times to other stuff in various stages.

The first time I played it I didn't even know that the Rinne gauge existed. Yeah, I don't bother to read the HUD a lot of times if it's more complex than a bomb stock and a life counter. The second time I knew about it but didn't really know how to do the Rinne thingy. I might try for better scores later, but for now I'd rather play Same! Same! Same! 1P instead.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Arrange S - A
mar - 72,067,910 - 5 - PS4 1.02
Survivalwise I'm doing worse every time I play. Maybe next weekend I might be able to put some time into this to maybe improve.

edit: got the 1cc sooner than expected

Arrange S - A
mar - 131,944,150 - ALL - PS4 1.02
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Arrange S - A
mar - 310,162,220 - ALL - PS4 1.02
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Arrange S - A
mar - 394,190,100 - ALL - PS4 1.02
update 03/12