Guard Grave

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Stevens

Guard Grave

Post by Stevens »

A Burger Time influenced romp through graveyards? Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RVafxu ... thGamesInc

This guy does a nice preview on it - he does disclose he is friends with the devs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTaJ-af ... ativeGamer

Looks like a lot of fun. I am picking it up.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
sunnshiner

Re: Guard Grave

Post by sunnshiner »

Ok, I'm in.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I played about a half hour. I think it is really well done. I got pretty far on normal, I think stage four. I would like to know the changes on hard.

Movement is great. Collision seems to be on point. The mechanics are a great balance between having a hammer and OH SHIT I NEED A HAMMER.

Hopefully some more here pick it up.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

This looks awesome and I'll check it out. Another banger in the modern retro style is Donut Dodo. Give it a shot if you like 80s style play.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1779560/Donut_Dodo/
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Is that enemy a uh...toilet?
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

This looks fun, am i wrong or is this from the original developer of battle princess madelyn, or the guy that did the royal edition?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Seems to be yes. From Google:

Programmer/Pixel Artist/Senior Multimedia Designer. Deathwish Enforcers, GuardGrave, Super Battle Princess Madelyn, Insanity's Blade Reborn.

At stages end you can smash the open crypt for more points.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Stevens wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:54 pm Is that enemy a uh...toilet?
Yes, and it's an asshole on the harder loops.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Was going to buy this when i got out of bed this morning but it looks like there is no switch version yet sadly.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

XtraSmiley wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:46 pm This looks awesome and I'll check it out. Another banger in the modern retro style is Donut Dodo. Give it a shot if you like 80s style play.

Ah, man, I have such a love/hate thing going on with Donut Dodo.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

sunnshiner wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:00 pm
XtraSmiley wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:46 pm This looks awesome and I'll check it out. Another banger in the modern retro style is Donut Dodo. Give it a shot if you like 80s style play.

Ah, man, I have such a love/hate thing going on with Donut Dodo.
I've finally beat the damn thing and I thought I was done, but no, now it's how low can I get my Sugar Run time...

The game is addicting as hell. If I ever get an Exa system, I'm buying that version, which is 2 player and has an extra level.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

XtraSmiley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:55 am
sunnshiner wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:00 pm Ah, man, I have such a love/hate thing going on with Donut Dodo.
I've finally beat the damn thing and I thought I was done, but no, now it's how low can I get my Sugar Run time...

The game is addicting as hell. If I ever get an Exa system, I'm buying that version, which is 2 player and has an extra level.
Nice one! I'm still trying to git gud at it, ignoring scoring for now (although I can score ok on the first couple of levels) and just getting further into the game (furthest is level 4 on easy/medium. Yes, I am that shit :lol: ) It is good, but I hate it, yet I can't stop playing it... Aaaaaargh.

I'm just about to get GuardGrave now :D

edit- Ok, GuardGrave is brilliant.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Title is \m/ETAL AF ImageImageImage
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I was wondering when you would show up here..

Haven't played since the weekend, Yharnam's had my attention.

Will play some more today.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

sunnshiner wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:37 am
XtraSmiley wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:55 am
sunnshiner wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:00 pm Ah, man, I have such a love/hate thing going on with Donut Dodo.

Nice one! I'm still trying to git gud at it, ignoring scoring for now (although I can score ok on the first couple of levels) and just getting further into the game (furthest is level 4 on easy/medium. Yes, I am that shit :lol: ) It is good, but I hate it, yet I can't stop playing it... Aaaaaargh.

I'm just about to get GuardGrave now :D

edit- Ok, GuardGrave is brilliant.
The GG team told me it IS coming for Switch, so I'll grab it when they do!

As for DD, don't sweat it man, it took me many hours and finally it just clicked. On E/M you HAVE to do the donuts in order b/c you need the points to get enough men to help you get further in. The final stage is the only one that gives me hassle on hard, but even it becomes manageable by the thousandth play through.

Keep at it, it's awesome when you finally have your moment and you're able to crush it on E/M. Sugar Run, that is where the pain is!